Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shsuya17

Relaminate Doors

I am buying a resale unit with veneer doors but obiang looking. Thinking of re-laminating them instead of tearing them down and getting new ones. I understand that if relaminate whole door, may not fit the door frame so just looking at re-laminating the middle portion (the door is not the flush type, has a centre panel) Anybody done this before or knows anyone who can have this done ? Pls share.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i wanted to laminate my new veneer doors to a more *****, however carpenter advise me that relaminating the doors will be pretty costly. cos the pieces of laminate comes in standard sizes so 1 door may need to pieces of 2 full size laminates. just buying the laminate alone for per door will be around 100-200 depending on the design u choose and that is exclusive of the workmanship cost.

the above was what i was told lah

i wanted to laminate my new veneer doors to a more *****, however carpenter advise me that relaminating the doors will be pretty costly. cos the pieces of laminate comes in standard sizes so 1 door may need to pieces of 2 full size laminates. just buying the laminate alone for per door will be around 100-200 depending on the design u choose and that is exclusive of the workmanship cost.

the above was what i was told lah

how much is a new door anyway?

how much is a new door anyway?

I was quoted $580 for a new veneer door by my ID. Trying to save some costs and hoping can relaminate the doors.

I was quoted $580 for a new veneer door by my ID. Trying to save some costs and hoping can relaminate the doors.

Try painting it?

that's what i intend to do

Try painting it?

that's what i intend to do

Will it look nice ? Do you have any pics to share ?

Painting will definitely be a cheaper option but not sure what will the outcome look like.

Just called any door company they will quote u less than $250 SOLID veneer door. $580 bucks is on the high side.

anyone have an update on price and compandy for relaminating fire rated door? really hate the main door i'm having, painting over not my ideal choice coz not nice, and gettnig a new one will really burst my budget.. help help help~

I have 1x main door, 2x toilet door, 3x bedroom door + frames and 1 sliding kitchen wooden door that need to be refurbish or varnished. The door looks like laminated door except the kitchen sliding door.

I also need to have 5x locks changed & main door lock change.

Anyone has any lobang of reliable pple who can do the above? What's the estimated cost?

Does anyone have contact to laminated hdb fire-rated door? My existing door is lacquer finish and I am wondering if I can laminate it instead of replacing the door which cost over $1k.

Thanks in advance!