Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dean

Any Recommended Reno Contractor

agree with ivy, the rubbish chute is exp.. mine is stainless steel cost me 230 only.. trying to nego with the quote.some hacking cost can nego too.. might can try overlay instead.. save the hacking cost :P mine is 3rm 61sqm. very old hse 35yrs le.. my living hall is 3m x 5m if not wrong.. super small.. actually u can just bought the simple tv console instead to made a feature wall, can change after sometime when u r bored with the design :) maybe u can upload some fotos to share then we can advice from there lo...

my reno-blog as below...

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...blogid=602&

overall i see all above quotation is expensive. this is most expensive one i have seen. kitchen hacking really need $1200?

also customised floor tv console really need $1000? i better don't want sofa, tv in living room as i don't watch tv.

i will upload photo when i go to flat this sat again.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
overall i see all above quotation is expensive. this is most expensive one i have seen. kitchen hacking really need $1200?

also customised floor tv console really need $1000? i better don't want sofa, tv in living room as i don't watch tv.

i will upload photo when i go to flat this sat again.

If u need help, u can call/PM me.

that will be nice, to see your draft quote but ah soon so busy leh...also can pass me his hp no. must speak chinese hor.

i think above quotation is over quoted, dustbin chute $300 that must be very expensive. I feel sorry I cannot enaged above quotation.

I meet up summit design quotation better than above quotation, their bin only $160, wardrobe is $1200++

Dean, i showed u the draft quote to let u have a reference for comparison, not encouraging u to engage ah soon lah. Ah soon speaks mainly chinese/hokkien/malay.

good luck to your search and remember must do homework so that can save cost!

Is it really expensive for painting whole 3-rm flat + plaster $2400, wardrobe is $1400, customised floor tv console really need $1000?

See below quotation, am I over quoted. Please advise me as I am newbie. Because the flat i bought is in lousy condition, got a nice old concrete sink.

Dismantle kitchen cabinet + hacking concrete sink really need $1200, kitchen cabinet only bottom $2800.

Ard Cracked Kitchen Tile a huge 2inch width Kitchen Cabinet $1200.

total cost exclude accessories $11500 + 7%GST=$12305

DESIGN SERVICE

- Interior Design and Space planning F.O.C

- Consultation and selection of Home furnishing F.O.C

- Perspective Drawing F.O.C

- Job site co-ordination and supervision F.O.C

- Decoration advice F.O.C

- Apply for HDB Renovation Permit F.O.C

DEMOLISHING & CONSTRUCTION WORKS

- To re-move existing cabinets @ Kitchen

- To hack existing kitchen basin

- Labour to dispose debris and skin bin haulage fees 1 Lump $ 1,200.00

- To construct half-ht wall @ kitchen sink (size: 1000Lx1500ht) $ 300.00

PLUMBING WORK

- To supply and install inlet/outlet pipes @Kitchen sink. $ 150.00

- To supply and install inlet/outlet pipes @Washing machine. $ 150.00

- Labour to install :

a Kitchen sink $ 40.00

b Kitchen mixer $ 40.00

PAINTING

- To supply and paint whole house 3-room flat usingNIPPON paint and Sealer $ 1,200.00

- To sand and plastered wall and ceiling for the unit. $ 1,200.00

CARPENTRY (Level 1)

- Living area

a Customised floor T.V console $ 1,000.00

- Kitchen area

a Bottom cabinet finished in designer laminates (size: 4000Lx600D) $ 1,600.00

b To construct sliding storage cabinet @ kitchen $ 1,600.00

- Kitchen Top

a Solid surface top (size: 4000L X 600D ) $ 1,200.00

- Master bedroom

a Full-ht wardrobe c/w drawer & hanging system $ 1,400.00

(size: 1800Lx700D)

OTHERS

- General cleaning for the entire apartment $ 250.00

- Provide protection boards for the floorings $ 300.00

- To supply and install flat rubbish bin @ kitchen $ 300.00

summit design will meet me this sat.

ivy i saw your price. got 1 quote 5.6ft wardrobe is $1092.

i call the contractor u pm me..he didn't answer call. haha

summit design will meet me this sat.

ivy i saw your price. got 1 quote 5.6ft wardrobe is $1092.

i call the contractor u pm me..he didn't answer call. haha

trying to get more offer or ask for more thing b4 u sign lo... if they really keen to deal sure will agree.. haha good luck to u :P

is it okay REno ID/Contractor view the flat and give you quotation. How to nicely rejected them?

i think it's fine for them to visit. If quote is within ur budget - Bravo!! if not just tell them nicely that the quote they submitted is above your budget and if u have already decided to go with someone else, tell them that u have decided to appoint someone else who can work within ur budget and thanks them for taking time to serve u lor.

so far none of the IDs i rejected turn nasty lah. if fact a couple were pretty nice. Like Steven from Ideal House and another ID (the name just escape me..) from Home Success both offer to help me look through ah soon's quote to make sure no hidden cost and make sure materials are fine when they know that ah soon quoted me way below their price. So, there are still nice and sincere IDs around de.

is it okay REno ID/Contractor view the flat and give you quotation. How to nicely rejected them?

Interesting, i can share with u some of the tricks how the ID do it, U can apply their method.

1) sorry i m in the hospital, will email to u next week. After one week, sorry i m in the reservist, will email to you sooner. (this one very popular and highly recommended in this RT forum from IMM)

2) we lost yr drawing, can you email me again? after email, its seems that we couldnt find yr drawing.

(for yr case, u lost their quotation, again and again)

3) Silence..................then silence................and silence...........................

(meaning, ignore and ignore)

got 1 ID sms me "More or less confirm. Have you make a decision, When you free to discuss the final quote discussion. I will sincerely do up your reno nicely." The problem is all his prices are over quoted to me. I just ignore his sms. As I don't know what to sms him.

For Example other people quote me rubbish chute $150, his $300. Hacking $300-600, his $1200, etc.

today i met 1 contractor HDB Lic No HB-02-2428C, 1st time i saw he brought many many photos, catalogs for you to see, his quote for following

1. construct L shape kitchen top cabinet and bottom cabinet, top surface using 人赵stone surface, plywood door include 2 fosted glass door $4045

2. 8ft Full height cabinet @ kitchen with 4 plywood door $1920 (and transfer 1 switch socket to other side of tiles)

3. Flat Dustbin chute $150

4. Hack away wall tile, plaste smooth paint $600

5. 1 toilet pv door $120

6. Supply & Labor WC x 1 and Basin x 1 $480

7. Relocate SCV $120

8. Wardrobe $1320

9. 4 ft feature wall with tv console $500

10. Paint whole house $700 with sealer (2 colors) and plus touch up here and there. Also repair the kitchen toilet ceiling crack.

$4045 include dismantle concrete cement sink, remove old kitchen cabinet, remove basin near toilet, relocate plumbing for washing machine, sink.

Free CLeaning house, free install 4 switch socket

Total $9955

The quotation is hand written 1. He said no hidden cost. Is it better to get a proper agreement contract so no other price will keep increasing.

How much sink, saw cute cute circle sink.

what is 人赵stone?

I am waiting for Ken @ Summit design quotation.

Edited by dean

the conditions of 3rm resale flat especially kitchen toilet ceiling got huge cracked. so headache to do reno.

Edited by dean

i think he meant 人造 which means "man made", maybe he is trying to mean solid top? the quote looks reasonable in my opinion.

i think he meant 人造 which means "man made", maybe he is trying to mean solid top? the quote looks reasonable in my opinion.

i think reasonable, i shy to bargain with him the wardrobe price $1320. I not sure any price involved as after hacking concrete sink, basin, the floor tiles and wall tiles will damage. His quotation is hand written invoice.

Is there any contract agreement?

Edited by dean

how long the wardrobe ?

feature wall full height ?

yr contractor got a shop ? somehow i find like alot of thing missing in the quote

got 1 ID sms me "More or less confirm. Have you make a decision, When you free to discuss the final quote discussion. I will sincerely do up your reno nicely." The problem is all his prices are over quoted to me. I just ignore his sms. As I don't know what to sms him.

For Example other people quote me rubbish chute $150, his $300. Hacking $300-600, his $1200, etc.

today i met 1 contractor HDB Lic No HB-02-2428C, 1st time i saw he brought many many photos, catalogs for you to see, his quote for following

8. Wardrobe $1320

9. 4 ft feature wall with tv console $500

Total $9955

The quotation is hand written 1. He said no hidden cost. Is it better to get a proper agreement contract so no other price will keep increasing.

How much sink, saw cute cute circle sink.

what is 人赵stone?

I am waiting for Ken @ Summit design quotation.

how long the wardrobe ?

feature wall full height ?

yr contractor got a shop ? somehow i find like alot of thing missing in the quote

Above hand-written quotation from contractor, price cheap for feature wall is not full height so ugly 4ft x 4.5ft. I am newbie to reno.

full height is 8ft full height with 2 inch width, don't know can put what thing inside. as my flat storeroom hack away.

floor is still good condition. i wanna do a minor reno first, then 1 yr later change windows.

Edited by dean