Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
doremon2009

D'amour ~ A Home With Peace,love ,happiness And Good Blessing.

Hi,

Sorry, didn't reply your pm as I was busy with my reno started yesterday...past few days were busy packing my house.

See thru your blog with so many peoeple already given their comments...for me...just want to caution you about the HO date committed by Contractor...never tell them you have plenty of time to spare...

On Lamintated flooring, you want to get a quote from Kronotex, I know this guy call Wilson...and he should be able to go up to your place to do site measurement and give you a quote...Kronotex is also a German product... :)

Thanks Danny for the sharing ; )

So how much he quoted you, what range you selected? Include others like soundproof thingy??

Can PM me : )

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Finalising soon...

ADVISES/HELP required for QUOTATION :help:

Base on floorplan in http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...;hl=doremon2009

Are these detail enough?

Any more things to highlight/advise?

Are the price reasonable?

How come I still find the total kind of high? At the same time also fear that there is loophole or things left out?

Items Work Description S$

1 To supply & lay Living, Dining & homogeneous floor tiles (up to $3.40 psf tiles)$3,000.00

2 To supply & lay Kitchen homogeneous floor tiles incl. waterproofing $1,200.00

3 To lay homogeneous tiles in balcony@living area $430.00

4 To supply and create cement base for kitchen cabinet, fridge washing machine and master vanity $600.00

5 To supply & lay entrance and room walkways in Danto Japanese mosaic & quartz tile $800.00

6 To hack & remove service balcony door and window (incl make good damaged areas)$600.00

7 To raise kerbs in toilets and base in master toilet $500.00

8 Sand & haulage fees $850.00

9 Optional Quote for parquet $4,270.00

10 To supply & lay 4 bedrooms w/ Pergo laminate (610 sq ft) $2,860.00

11 To design & fabricate 35 ft kitchen cabinet upper ? $3,500.00

12 To supply & install 17 ft solid surface (Creston/Borelli) $1,275.00

13 Additional storage option for kitchen $960.00

14 To design & fabricate 5 ft pillar divider w/ glass at entryway $900.00

15 To design & fabricate 4 ft full height altar near entrance $880.00

16 To design & fabricate 12 ft full height cupboards w/door outside bomb shelter $2,340.00

17 To design & fabricate 6 ft wardrobe w/sliding wooden doors in master bedroom$1,380.00

18 To fabricate 5 ft storage cupboard under window in master bedroom $400.00

19 To supply & install temepered glass shower screen in master toilet $320.00

20 To supply and install aluminium powder coated sliding doors below vanity in master toilet $280.00

21 To design & fabricate 6.8 ft wardrobe w/sliding wooden doors in bedroom 2 $1,564.00

22 To fabricate 5 ft storage cupboard under window in bedroom 2 $400.00

23 To fabricate 2 full height storage cupboards in bedroom 2 $840.00

24 To supply & install aluminium & glass sliding doors in study $795.00

25 To fabricate 5 ft storage cupboard under window in bedroom 3 $400.00

26 To fabricate full height storage cupboard in bedroom 3 $420.00

27 To fabricate bedhead in w/storage cubby in bedroom 3 $960.00

28 To design & fabricate 7 ft wardrobe w/sliding wooden doors in bedroom 3 $1,610.00

29 To design & fabricate 8 ft study desk w/drawers and shelving above in bedroom 3 $1,120.00

30 To design & fabricate bench w/cabinets in study $500.00

29 To design & fabricate 5.6 ft study desk w/drawers and shelving above in study$784.00

30 To supply & install potbelly iron grilles for balcony@living area $765.00

31 To supply & install sliding window & grilles in service balcony $750.00

32 To supply & install aluminium window grilles for windows in 4 rooms $618.00

33 To paint whole unit in ICI Dulux paint (1 base +2 coats of emulsion paint) max10 $1,500.00

34 To run hot water piping (3 pts) $600.00

35 Double electrical point - $60 per pt

SUB TOTAL $40,971.00

Your kindness to help to advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

My friend bought an resale EA. Whole unit complete overhaul . From 1 ID company , he got more stuff than you, hack here hack there , shift the wall here shift wall there. Even toilet also false ceiling. Include electrical installation coming to 43K . IMO yr quote is already on the high side esp yr is new flat i suppose.

Just come across and read this article.. find it useful.. thus extract and put it here.

Hope we can also benefit and learn something from this : )

Home Renovation

It is important to select a good and reputable contractor for the job. Track record is exceedingly important and it would be useful to see photographs of existing works done by the proposed contractor or even see their works in progress if the opportunity permits.

Whilst cost is always a factor to consider, other factors like quality, time taken, defect liability period must also be considered. For HDB dwellers, it is important to engage a HDB approved contractor. For more details on HDB registered contractors, please click here.

During works in progress it is essential to monitor the work as sometimes inferior products can be "buried" by contractors within their works and when such begins to act up, it is beyond the defect liability period and proof will be difficult. Have a camera ready to take snapshots of unsatisfactory works and if possible, have another person accompany you during inspections which should be done periodically. The time invested in such inspections may save a lot of heartache in the future and will definitely increase the chances of avoiding future disputes with the contractor. Diary any dissatisfactions and write to the contractor to make amends. If progress of work is not satisfactory, raise the issue early, do not wait till the last minute or you may be faced with unfinished or shoddy workmanship.

CASE has a "model" agreement which is available at the CASE office. The model should be taken as a guide and modified as may be appropriate. It should not be taken as an end all.

CASE also have a bilingual renovation leaflet to advise you how to avoid renovation pitfalls. You may get the copy from CASE office or HDB counter (Toa Payoh HDB Hub). More information on this leaflet, please click here.

Meanwhile CASE would advise:

1. Do not be pressurised by any contractors particularly to sign any agreements, this applies to interior designers as well as CASE has seen situations were high pressure sales were used and the small claims tribunal used to "enforce" such contracts.

2. Plan in advance, do not make last minute discussions on such a big issue like renovation or you will be unnecessarily pressurising yourself. Pressurised consumers do not make good decisions.

3. Check credentials of renovation contractors, ask for a list of works done.

4. Be mindful that renovation contractors also have their field of specialty i.e. those good at HDB renovation may hold true for other properties and vice versa. In this regard, consumers must be mindful that their contractors must have enough expertise to guide them through the slew of permits required in a renovation job.

5. Make progress payments and only after satisfactory completion of the job agreed upon.

6. Never advance money to a contractor particularly in large amounts unless you are prepared to risk losing it.

7. Be vigilant during works and take down your misgivings meticulously.

8. Recognise when you must give up on your contractor and notify him before appointing a new one in place.

(Disclaimer: CASE does not assume responsibility for the information obtained beyond this point. We also do not necessarily endorse the views expressed or the commercial products that may be advertised on these sites.)

Furniture

Compared to most purchases, buying furniture can be complicated. It involves comparison shopping, selecting the pieces best suited to your needs, possibly signing a contract, and arranging for delivery.

Selecting furniture

Before you shop for any furniture, it is wise to give careful thought to your needs and plan with these in mind. A sound plan made and followed will help to stretch the home furnishing dollar and insure lasting satisfaction from your investment. Consider these questions:

1. What is really needed?

2. Do I need to get rid of some items?

3. Will the piece fit in the space I have for it?

4. What will be the function of this piece?

5. What style shall I choose?

6. How much can I afford to spend?

7. Do I know how to judge the way it is made?

8. Will I know how to care for it?

Keep in mind that wise buying means spending the largest of the furniture budget on basic pieces that are expected to stay in service longest and must, therefore, stand up under wear.

Try to select your furniture based on quality rather than style.

Signing contract

Make sure that the contract you are signing has a detailed description of your furniture, including the type of materials used, colour and any style or model numbers. Also find out if there is a cancellation fee and how much it is.

A delivery date must appear on the contract. You must be given at least an estimated delivery date (11 August, for example) or a range of dates (4-6 weeks, for instance).

Delivery

If you are expecting a complete delivery and the store can only deliver part of your order, it is advisable not to accept a partial delivery.

It is very important to inspect your furniture when it arrives. If there is some defects, ask the delivery people to return it to the store. If they refuse, do not sign the bill until the delivery people write down that there is a defect and they also sign the bill.

Frequently, delivery people have many stops to make or the furniture is sealed in boxes and you will be too rushed to adequately check the furniture. If you are unable to examine the furniture before the delivery people leave, it is wise to write on the bill, “subject to inspection” before signing. This means that while you are accepting the furniture, you have not had time to look at it.

If you find something defective later, immediately report it to the store. The store that sold you the furniture is responsible to you. Remember to keep a copy of the bill for your records.

My friend bought an resale EA. Whole unit complete overhaul . From 1 ID company , he got more stuff than you, hack here hack there , shift the wall here shift wall there. Even toilet also false ceiling. Include electrical installation coming to 43K . IMO yr quote is already on the high side esp yr is new flat i suppose.

HI HI,

Thanks for the sharing : )

Not looking for the lowest price though.. but fair price, also will run through and discuss about the materials, design etc..

Think mine is more of the cost is from carpentary..

Yet to sign on dotted line..

Will sure share with all over in this Renotalk T blog and check with each other first and seek for advises.

Guest Goobii
Thanks Goobii!

ID: Mr BK 9108-3038 ~ Design Eternity (Fast & Good But Slightly More Expensive & Provide Quality Service)

FLOORING: Vohringer ~ Url: www.vohringer.com.sg ~ : Victor 9630-7009 (Life Time Warrenty Laminate)

Aircon Man: Jeffrey 96153930 (Cheapest Quotation As Compare To ALLBEST)

Electrical Man: Uncle Peter 94660377 (Funny Person & Friendly)

Hope this could help abit...

Carpentary Sketches

1. Living Area - TV console cum Cabinet

JP_LivingArea.jpg

2. Dining Area Extended Storage Carpentary-Revised

JP_Diningarearevised.jpg

3. Kitchen Carpentary-Revised

JP_Kitchenrevised.jpg

4. Study Room Glass Door

JP_StudyRmglassdoor.jpg

5. Study Room Carpentary

JP_studyrm_revised.jpg

Advises, feedback and suggestions are welcome !! : )

Edited by doremon2009

Any kind soul can advise whether the charges is reasonable?

Also not sure if anything has miss out... don't want to turn up extra charges later on.. of course if given FOC then I don't mind.. worst case is turn out to be exorbitant later if not known..

so just want to double check : )

Thanks! ; )

Quotation for Electrical Work

Electricalcharges.jpg

kitchen cabinet-light point- 2 nos($60) & install light fiting- 2 nos($20). Total $80.

So total quo. is $1010

Edited by doremon2009

HI HI,

Thanks for the sharing : )

Not looking for the lowest price though.. but fair price, also will run through and discuss about the materials, design etc..

Think mine is more of the cost is from carpentary..

Yet to sign on dotted line..

Will sure share with all over in this Renotalk T blog and check with each other first and seek for advises.

Like wat u said not on lowest price but yr pricing still abit not fair. My friend also alot of carpentry.

Thanks! ; )

Electricalcharges.jpg

kitchen cabinet-light point- 2 nos($60) & install light fiting- 2 nos($20). Total $80.

So total quo. is $1010

Actually, I didn't calculated the number of switches and lighting pts, but as my electrical work are all concealed, it cost double in most cases compare with casing type. But I think your quote is reasonable as it is quite a norm to expect anything above $1.2K. I spend $2K just on re-wiring & re-locating.

Thanks! ; )

Electricalcharges.jpg

So total quo. is $1010

The price seems reasonable. :)

Thanks! ; )

Electricalcharges.jpg

So total quo. is $1010

I would say that this quote is fair.

I've seen the various quotes on this site and some electricians are cheaoer on some items and more expensive on others. My electrician had to take out all the old wiring in the living / dining area cos it was a mess and installed new wiring, so I thought it was worth it.

After agreeing on the initial quote and i got him to do a few extra things, which he did FOC, so that should be your tactic ;)

BTW, I spent 1.5k on 35 lighting points, installing 23 lights, creating new electrical points for oven and the bathtub jets, getting rid of old electrical points, installing dimmers, chaning the switches etc..

Edited by elfettucine

Thanks! ; )

Electricalcharges.jpg

So total quo. is $1010

Hi,

Base on your electrical work, it seems quite alright. The electrical work will cost me around 2k for my new 4room flat. Very heart pain.

:(

Like wat u said not on lowest price but yr pricing still abit not fair. My friend also alot of carpentry.

hmm.. pondering on this .. how does your friend carpentary calculate?

Does it usually count by Lenght and Height only or it has to factor in Lengthx Widthx Height . Then use it to estimate the charges?