Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahblur

Home & Furnishing: The Wardrobe Story

:D wah...... all cabinet is good looking.. i should have come here earlier.. too bad.. already confirm my design for cabinets... mine also too little space so unable to have WIW..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi blackmango juice. very nice wardobe ! :sport-smiley-018: may i know who did it for u and hw much does it cost ? thanks ! :sport-smiley-018:

hi there..

mine wardrobe and kitchen cabinets done by CP design and furnishings Pte Ltd (63683546)..that is the direct factory line...

they were not the ones who quoted me cos i went through my ID/contractor firm...

but with the workmanship, i would say im pleased..cos its in veneer, and the joinery lines are hardly visible..

can look for ah keong...

hope it helps....

Wow...nice....what's the damage...? Is the track smooth? Workmanship? Can you give me the contact. Sorry, too excited liao...

Wow...nice....what's the damage...? Is the track smooth? Workmanship? Can you give me the contact. Sorry, too excited liao...

thanks. :unsure:

The wardrobe is like this previously (left by previous owner):

P1020137.jpg

I ask my contractor to do a re-skining (at the borders) and change the sliding door. Damage is $1300k.

the sliding is very smooth. workmanship is good also. I very satisfied with my contractor's job.

I consider still worth rather than tearing down and rebuild the wardrobe. :D

Edited by xinyi_reiko

thanks. :dancingqueen:

The wardrobe is like this previously (left by previous owner):

P1020137.jpg

I ask my contractor to do a re-skining (at the borders) and change the sliding door. Damage is $1300k.

the sliding is very smooth. workmanship is good also. I very satisfied with my contractor's job.

I consider still worth rather than tearing down and rebuild the wardrobe. :sport-smiley-004:

hi xinyi,

i like ur wardrobe! surprised to know that your contractor able to do re-skining for you. i just bought a resale unit and the 2 common bedrooms have built-in wardrobe also. I don't intend to tear down. On the other hand, I also don't like the color of the door. Thought of doin re-skining like you. Leave the shelving and just change the door. But I have approach few contractors but most of them prefer to do the whole wardrobe as they feel that re-skining they can't earn much.

Care to share with me your contractor? i find $1.3k is worth it lor. rather than you tear down and rebuild a new one which will probably cost around 2k?

hi xinyi,

i like ur wardrobe! surprised to know that your contractor able to do re-skining for you. i just bought a resale unit and the 2 common bedrooms have built-in wardrobe also. I don't intend to tear down. On the other hand, I also don't like the color of the door. Thought of doin re-skining like you. Leave the shelving and just change the door. But I have approach few contractors but most of them prefer to do the whole wardrobe as they feel that re-skining they can't earn much.

Care to share with me your contractor? i find $1.3k is worth it lor. rather than you tear down and rebuild a new one which will probably cost around 2k?

thanks ralph.

my contractor is pactrick and ah keong from ho bee. Ah keong (the carpenter) suggested the re-skining part. Initally, I only wanted to change the sliding door. Thumbs up for him.

I guess have to measure the cost. Sometime tearing down is cheaper than re-skining. Of course have to get contractors to quote you the pricing.

I also feel it worth it, considering the size. Previously, the wardrobe silding door is heavy, partly due to the full length mirror.

thanks ralph.

my contractor is pactrick and ah keong from ho bee. Ah keong (the carpenter) suggested the re-skining part. Initally, I only wanted to change the sliding door. Thumbs up for him.

I guess have to measure the cost. Sometime tearing down is cheaper than re-skining. Of course have to get contractors to quote you the pricing.

I also feel it worth it, considering the size. Previously, the wardrobe silding door is heavy, partly due to the full length mirror.

hi xinyi,

thanks for your reply. didnt know your contractor is ho bee!! i was looking for contractor currently and have shortlisted ho bee too! i have called patrick yesterday for quotation. he said no need for him to go to the house to take actual measurement. he asked me to fax the floor plan and he will be able to work out an estd quotation for me.

i will be doin painting, toilet as well as built-in wardrobe for master bedroom. since ah keong can do re-skinning, perhaps will ask him to quote me the price. did you do any tv console & feature wall for mounting tv? thought of doin 1 but not sure if ho bee can do it. besides wardrobe, wat other stuff did you ask ho bee to do?

i believe ho bee is not those ID company. will they give us ideas on the design? or we will have to tell him the design n they simply do the construction?

sorry for bombard-ing you with so many questions.

hi xinyi,

thanks for your reply. didnt know your contractor is ho bee!! i was looking for contractor currently and have shortlisted ho bee too! i have called patrick yesterday for quotation. he said no need for him to go to the house to take actual measurement. he asked me to fax the floor plan and he will be able to work out an estd quotation for me.

i will be doin painting, toilet as well as built-in wardrobe for master bedroom. since ah keong can do re-skinning, perhaps will ask him to quote me the price. did you do any tv console & feature wall for mounting tv? thought of doin 1 but not sure if ho bee can do it. besides wardrobe, wat other stuff did you ask ho bee to do?

i believe ho bee is not those ID company. will they give us ideas on the design? or we will have to tell him the design n they simply do the construction?

sorry for bombard-ing you with so many questions.

For the first round, usually contractors will ask to see floorplan first. Later on when meeting up, then they will drop by your house to do the measurements.

i asked ho bee to do a platform for my cosy area, false ceiling for my cove lights and a simple tv console (not fixture)

don't worry, those you have mention, they are able to do it. any design ideas you want to do, just tell them. They will do simple 2D sketches. Don't expect fantastic sketches lah.

They are contractors, although abit pricey, but workmanship and customer service good. They got abit of design ideas, accumlate from the houses they done up. Can ask them for some ideas. :D

Wow, xinyi, great idea on the reskinning!! :P

thanks. :)

must thanks my contractor also. :D