Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian01

Laminate Flooring

Does anyone know where I can view Robina's product? Do they have a showroom or sale office in Singapore?

Edited by MohGuan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I understand that there will be some "wastage" when installing laminate flooring. ie. if the total floor area to be fitted with laminate is 500 sq ft, the actual amount needed is going to be more than 500 sq ft. What would be a reasonable estimate of the total cost of installation (including wastage)? I mean, do we take the floor area, multiply by the price per sq ft (say $ 4.5 psf) and then multiply by another factor? My ID quoted me a price for each of the bedrooms, but I suspect that it is a little too high.

Got one ID quote me approximately $5/sqft for supereme AC5 laminate flooring...

Another quote me approximately $4.6/sqft, but the type of flooring was not stated (I suspect is AC3 laminate)

Another quote me approximately $4/sqft for Pergo flooring (AC3)

Most of them like agar agar the cost. Never really see them calculate the actual area of my floorplan...

The costing above is based on the overall price they give me divided by my own calculation of my desired floor area.

Hope this helps.

=)

I'm using pergo (family) now. After using for 1 year, i find that most of the laminate in my house is ok, some laminate portion in my living room (joint) is starting to warp up.

The skirting & laminate part near my MBR toilet is warping too.

I ask pergo ppl to come down and check it b4. They insist that it is not cover under warranty. Paid $80 to change just a few cm piece of skirting. **** ex.

If you are think abt pergo, think twice. It may sound branded but might not be as good as it sounds. U might as well pay for AC15 of supreme at the price of pergo(family). If you dunno where to get such price, PM me for the address.

Got one ID quote me approximately $5/sqft for supereme AC5 laminate flooring...

Another quote me approximately $4.6/sqft, but the type of flooring was not stated (I suspect is AC3 laminate)

Another quote me approximately $4/sqft for Pergo flooring (AC3)

Most of them like agar agar the cost. Never really see them calculate the actual area of my floorplan...

The costing above is based on the overall price they give me divided by my own calculation of my desired floor area.

Hope this helps.

=)

Thanks.

I have quotations from 2 IDs so far for my HDB 4-rm resale flat.

One proposed their standard packages plus additional quotes on the carpentry and stuff. Since the laminate flooring was part of the package, I have no way of knowing the price and I am not inclined to take up the standard packages.

The other quoted me:

To supply material/ labours to overlay laminate flooring c/w skirting: $1300 (for master bedroom), $1200 (bedroom 2), $1200 (bedroom 3).

This seems very high when I try to divide the cost over the floor area which I try to calculate myself based on the floor plan. Even if my estimation is a bit off, how big can HDB bedrooms be?!

I am thinking of the option of getting the laminate flooring elsewhere on my own, but wanted to be sure that there are no other "hidden costs" when I read about the $4-5 psf average price being shared in the forums.

I think you can go straight to the laminates' dealers... Seems like quite a number of ppl are doing, an ID even recommended that i do it to save a bit....

You probably can get an okay price.

Does anyone know where I can view Robina's product? Do they have a showroom or sale office in Singapore?

dude, u can ask bro ossify on robina laminates..

he using it for his flat and at a good rate too! check out his blog man...

anyways, robina is under FloorOption...they carry Robina and Pergo as well...

YNWA,

El Nino

dude, u can ask bro ossify on robina laminates..

he using it for his flat and at a good rate too! check out his blog man...

anyways, robina is under FloorOption...they carry Robina and Pergo as well...

YNWA,

El Nino

hehe thanks. my rate was promo rate. btw, were you looking for Robina too and was quoted $4.30?

I'm using pergo (family) now. After using for 1 year, i find that most of the laminate in my house is ok, some laminate portion in my living room (joint) is starting to warp up.

The skirting & laminate part near my MBR toilet is warping too.

I ask pergo ppl to come down and check it b4. They insist that it is not cover under warranty. Paid $80 to change just a few cm piece of skirting. **** ex.

If you are think abt pergo, think twice. It may sound branded but might not be as good as it sounds. U might as well pay for AC15 of supreme at the price of pergo(family). If you dunno where to get such price, PM me for the address.

AC15? new standard? :D

i would like to clarify one thing.. AC3, AC4 or AC5 is just for toughness. My Robina is AC4, I'm very happy with it, no scratches so far. But I feel that the main thing is water resistance. If your laminate is very scratch resistant but not water resistant, it won't last long. I have soaked my laminate (loose piece, obtained from the box of 8 which were used to lay my flooring so there's no chance of tampering) for 2 days and don't notice any difference. This is imho, the best.

Now I have a lobang for Robina laminates at 3.80psf (without GST) and Pergo Family at 3.99psf (without GST)

Interested please PM me, there's also free "manicure and pedicure for 2 persons" upon deposit :D

Edited by ossify

hehe thanks. my rate was promo rate. btw, were you looking for Robina too and was quoted $4.30?

yeah that was me...that was what kenneth from FloorOption quoted me with installation and skirting..price before GST...

Now I have a lobang for Robina laminates at 3.80psf (without GST) and Pergo Family at 3.99psf (without GST)

Interested please PM me, there's also free "manicure and pedicure for 2 persons" upon deposit :D

3.80psf sounds ok...with installation, skirting? standard warranty as stated on Robina website right i.e 15 to 20 years? :unsure:

my contractor giving me option between power dekor and classen (supposedly a German brand)..

told me dun get Supreme...standard dropped ler...

YNWA,

El Nino

yeah that was me...that was what kenneth from FloorOption quoted me with installation and skirting..price before GST...

3.80psf sounds ok...with installation, skirting? standard warranty as stated on Robina website right i.e 15 to 20 years? :unsure:

my contractor giving me option between power dekor and classen (supposedly a German brand)..

told me dun get Supreme...standard dropped ler...

YNWA,

El Nino

yes 3.80psf nett (no GST at all, at least for now) with installation and skirting :D

standard warranty :D it's 15 years, but like i said before, if water penetrate within 15 years, it's not covered. and that's the main problem!

power dekor and supreme are not water resistant. how much is classen? i have not seen a review on this brand yet. based on my search, i think classen's price should be similar to pergo

Edited by ossify

There are actually 2 company who sell pergo family in singapore now.

1st - Floorrich global pte ltd.

2rd - Floor Option

Let me explain the skirting why is there no warrenty, the reason is all laminate floor and skirting is in 2 different material.

Laminate flooring come with water resistant and skirting come with it as well but not as strong as flooring.

100% warrenty is not cover for skirting. :)

I can say that among all the AC3 quality laminate floor, Robina is 1 of the best choice!

:)

No need to wait 2 months. You can get them from Floor Option. Can try looking for Lena. Quite friendly. They are at 512 Sims Avenue.

Hey, I pple I heard that Lena is no working in Floor Option.... A Fren of mine told me tat she had set up a New Company selling Laminate Flooring too... My fren gt a good price from her too.... Her Company name shld be Floor Xpert Pte Ltd. Maybe you can chck her website - www.floorxpert.com for more info.

There are actually 2 company who sell pergo family in singapore now.

1st - Floorrich global pte ltd.

2rd - Floor Option

Let me explain the skirting why is there no warrenty, the reason is all laminate floor and skirting is in 2 different material.

Laminate flooring come with water resistant and skirting come with it as well but not as strong as flooring.

100% warrenty is not cover for skirting. :)

I can say that among all the AC3 quality laminate floor, Robina is 1 of the best choice!

:)

Hmmm, recently my fren gt their Pergo from a Pergo Dealer - Floor Xpert Pte Ltd. Thier service was fast & pricing are good compare to the other 2 mentioned previously. However, no harm trying.

Hi, u may get it from a Sales Executive - Perlin able to contact her via her mobile 98582709. Nice & Friendl. Pricing wise better too :)

Hey just called Perlin...Haha...I asked to quote my pergo...din know floor expert also carry robina... :blink: