Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
adrian01

Laminate Flooring

hi guys,

we've just bought a resale 4-room flat @ Bedok

the sellers had fully reno the house 2 years ago, thus we're only going to do up some carpentry works (build-in wardrobes for 3 bedrooms, suspended tv consoles, feature wall eg.) & electrical works for the whole house. we are not re-doing the tiles either.

they're having laminated flooring for all the bedrooms now. how do i find out the 'brand'? from the sellers themselves? :unsure:

IMG_9226.jpg

Flooring business nowadays is just like fashion trend.

Designs are ever changing ... so its pretty hard to figure out visually.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey!

My house just got installed by Floor Option and Im using Robina! So far so good.... Heard its anti termite too! My cousin recommend Floor Option to me.... Heard they are in this market very long le.... They used to be the Pergo sole dealer in Sg.

hi all, anyone heard of KLF laminate before???Any feedback??

KLF is a china brand laminate, if you are worried about brands or quality you can look at Classen from RAM Asia, the board is from Germany but is still reasonably priced.

Hi, I thought all laminate flooring is using HDF? It is just the different material that they are made of.

All laminate flooring do use HDF, the issue is at what level of compression are they at? Most china laminates do not tell you what grade the board is. Basically there are different grades from AC1 - AC4. AC4 being the hardest, but to determine this you can ask the distributor to show you the certificate, most German laminates come with the certificates to prove that the board is actual AC3 or AC4 quality.

Im using power dekor...

Just got a quote from my ID which also recommended Power Dekor ( Mid range ) for $5 psf.

Total quote for 1080 sq.feet ( base on his calculation ), it cost about $6300 for meterial, hack of skirting and cement smoothing of the skirting area.

My Floor Area ( 4 Room i ) was 104 square meter ( Including Kitchen which will not be laminating ).

Feel the price is ex.

How much does yours cost you ?

Edited by michaeleu

hi, comparing pergo to quickstep, which is better value for money? any contacts for pergo to share.

Our ID also recommend Pergo. You want his contact? PM me.

hi, comparing pergo to quickstep, which is better value for money? any contacts for pergo to share.

check out this thread about quickstep. i think quickstep is more value for $ than P.

We might want to start thinking Green when choosing a product and to start asking if a product is VOC free.

Formaldehyde is classified as a volatile organic compound (VOC). VOC's are chemicals that become a gas at room temperature. As a result, products made with formaldehyde will release the gas into the air. This is called off-gassing. If high concentrations of formaldehyde are off-gassed and breathed in, it could cause health problems.

Where is it found?

Formaldehyde is found in many products such as particle board, plywood, paneling, pressed-wood products and urea formaldehyde foam insulation.

What are the health effects?

The health effects of formaldehyde exposure vary from one person to another. The most common symptoms are eye, nose and throat irritation, coughing, headaches, dizziness, and nausea. Human eyes are especially sensitive to formaldehyde. Many people describe the eye irritation as a burning sensation much like when cutting an onion or when you get soap in your eyes.

The effects of long-term exposure are not well known. Long-term exposure to high levels of formaldehyde has been shown to cause cancer.