Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
catseyes2004sg

Cosy Small Home In North East

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Another shopping day for new home:

I went to Jimmy Textiles and got Shadow blinds (similar to Roller Blinds).

It has a thicker top casing and covered the blinds fully at the top of the ceiling.

The blind is like a big piece with 2 types of materials, one portion is colored n the

other portion is translucent with air vents thru...

U can then have the blinds, either all closed up like nite type, or the day type.

Been really tough to find a round small dining table. Most places I went only sell 90cm and above.

1 shop offer me the aluminium metal type which u will see often placed outdoor for pubs.

I nearly give up finding one.... cos it cost alot more to customised a small size and none of the few shops I approached is

interested do it. In the end, I tot I will just eat in my kitchen cos I have already done a breadfast table for my carpentry.

I walked into Kartell and I found my ideal dinning table!

I bought the Philippe Starck Top Top dining table, Philippe Starck Ghost chair and Philippe Starck Stone stool.

As the table has no stock in SIN, it will take 3 mths to order and ship fm Italy :(

Philippe Starck Ghost chair:

IMG00544-20091224-1503-1.jpg

Philippe Starck Stone chair:

IMG00543-20091224-1502.jpg

IMG00537-20091224-1453.jpg

Cat yo....u like my gf lor....she oso die die want a ghost chair so during the May sale @Centrepoint, she finally settle for it. And now she is aiming the side table wif a light effect type. Whenever she need Kartell stuff I will follow her to see her aiming choice......during tat time, I nearly wanted to get the ghost series clear high stool for my dinning counter...hubby said cannot adjust ht so give up lor. sign.....I like PS stuff....

Philippe Starck Top Top dining table. The 3 items I bought:

IMG00545-20091224-1512.jpg

IMG00539-20091224-1454.jpg

Cat, designer stuffs again! Hehe. Can I know how much is a ghost chair these days?

I think my internet connection or desktop/laptop is facing some problem. Some problem in logging the pics today.

Edited by Mickey M

Cat, designer stuffs again! Hehe. Can I know how much is a ghost chair these days?

I think my internet connection or desktop/laptop is facing some problem. Some problem in logging the pics today.

I dun koe wats happening, but alot of the pics not loading properly, ended with 'x' here. Give up, sigh... :(

The Ghost chair is very comfortable to sit into, no wonder it is a very popular chair for Kartell.

The SA showed me by forcefully bent the 'leg' of the chair and the material is very durable.

Original price is $550 (before GST) and I got it for 30% less during the Xmas promo.

If anybody is keen, wait for the sales again, cos I tik they have sales a few times a yr.

I dun koe wats happening, but alot of the pics not loading properly, ended with 'x' here. Give up, sigh... :(

The Ghost chair is very comfortable to sit into, no wonder it is a very popular chair for Kartell.

The SA showed me by forcefully bent the 'leg' of the chair and the material is very durable.

Original price is $550 (before GST) and I got it for 30% less during the Xmas promo.

If anybody is keen, wait for the sales again, cos I tik they have sales a few times a yr.

Cat, using singnet? I have the same problem too. I went hardwarezone forum, many singnet users complaining.

Cat, using singnet? I have the same problem too. I went hardwarezone forum, many singnet users complaining.

Mickey,

yes, I use Singnet...

I am tiking of switching to M1 for my new home...any idea is it gd?

Mickey,

yes, I use Singnet...

I think there r more complaining about M1. I've been using Starhub all these years and never had problem until i moved to new place also in Hougang. Think there's many people using Starhub over here. Thinking of switching over to Singnet but only after my contract ends next year.

Mickey,

yes, I use Singnet...

Cat,

If I am not wrong, M1 broadband is actually tapping into Singtel or Starhub technology. I have been using Singnet all these years. I think it is better to stick to the bigger market players, either Singnet or Starhub. Cost and promo wise, I think Starhub is more attractive. In my case, I don't have a SCV box near my desktop, only a telephone line, that why I have using Singnet.

In my case, I don't have a SCV box near my desktop, only a telephone line, that why I have using Singnet.

yup, that's one of the main reason why many signed up with STARHUB else Singnet would have been able to monopolized the entire island :P

anyway,some opt for attractive gifts as time of signing up...too bad i always missed those gifts when my contract runs out

Edited by born_again

Went up to new place, was surprised they have already install partial of the kitchen cabinets n blum drawers , on the right side of kitchen:

DSC02101.jpg

The pipe being boxed up in kitchen cabinets:

DSC02113.jpg

DSC02110.jpg

Kitchen is dusty and got this chemical thingy, my eyes starts tearing the moment I stepped in, I have to open the windows for some fresh air.

The Living rm is piling with carpentry:

DSC02097.jpg

DSC02115.jpg

Edited by catseyes2004sg

Carpentry work should take quite a few days for it to be done. :)

Part of my carpentry work will be up next wk too. :)

Yes, alot of carpentry, gonna take them some days to install everything. :D

Wah cat your house is very nicely done :good: :good:

anyway love your ghost chair so you're a designer kind of person too :D

I went to a Home fair yesterday at Expo, there is a furniture booth also selling the copy

Ghost chair, at $289 :D

cat..the vertical pipe box up on this picture

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x270/ca...no/DSC02110.jpg

ask them to do some rack for u to put some spices or can food.

It act as a storage area!

Remember mine?

I ask william to do it too,and its so practical!

Hope i am not too late to suggest. ;)

I already have 2 spice, sauce bottle pull out racks, 1 on right and 1 on left side of my build in oven. I think u can see fm my kitchen cabinet pic above... and that place where the big pipe that is boxed up, I am gonna put stuffs away...example the bamboo stick thingy to help u bring bamboo stick down and other minor slim and tall stuff :lol:

Edited by catseyes2004sg

Went up yesterday and have realised on Sat, the workers have come and install some additional stuffs:

- Glass sliding door at Kitchen

- 2 x Glass door for MBR and common toilets

- White window grilles and door gate installed

Called Supreme up and asked them to help me remove a small length of skirting outside my MBR toilet, cos

my Glass door cannot open out, as obstructed by the skirting... I forgot to tell them I have a glass door, heheh :P

Supreme is nice to tell me np, he will sent someone to fix that for me.

Edited by catseyes2004sg