Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Mickey M

Somewhere Over The Rainbow In Jurong West~~

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Oh cos you mentioned abt plastering false ceiling mah so if you have false ceiling then you might not need to do that le :P

So bro, u want to sponsor false ceilings for my bedrooms? Hee.

Very cute leh you should seriously consider doing that :)

Keeping fingers cross but even if we do something like that, we won't do it exactly. We do it our style and our way. With our talented ID's help of cos. Muahaha.

Eh bro is it the angle you took the pic ah ? how come i see the downlights from big to small ah ? :unsure:

Yes yes. They are different in sizes. The pic is not playing trick with u. Muahaha. We could have buy hanging dining lights but I don't like la, so ID thought of something else. Use round downlights, ID feel if we have the same size of downlights for all, it is too uniform and too standard. So the idea was to have the round downlights in different sizes and install it in a circular manner - in tune with our design direction. Seems like either the installation can be better or no. of downlights not enough. Or we need to do something to this portion of the false ceiling. Hee.

This is super chio :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Our artificial stars... Hee.

Wow mickey!

so many peeks suddenly! :)

firstly, the swarovski lights are :dribble::dribble::dribble:

very chio leh!

and the lolliipop pink and yellow walls very cheery! bound to cheer u up when u come home after a long day of work! :) toilet also v nice.. white white clean clean.. can foresee a little green plant somewhere in there :P but the solo light in the toilet like not very bright eh?

the 4 downlights pic dat u showed, the space between the right hand 2, and the space between the left hand 2 like not very equal?

the pic of ur round pink living hall, beside the lights which are lit up, are they the previous holes of the down lights? if not, then they seem very close to the lit up lights eh?

seriously the swarovski lights... :dribble::dribble::dribble: almost like starry starry night... :P

Thanks Amrasenelya. :D

Yup, we like cheerful colors. But not too much of it also. Hee. Yes, many put plants in white white toilet. But I think we probably want to do something different. Hee. The solo light is actually brighter in reality. But admit it is not very bright. We used a energy saving light bulb for the toilet. Actually, we have the same light for our storeroom. It is much much brighter. A 60W versus a 13W.

Somehow, the downlights positions don't seem very gd. Will see how.

Yup, they are previous holes for the downlights. I think they shifted it in their own accord. Probably the initial positions weren't that favourable.

Hahaha, yah loh. So wen JW needs help, mickey will come. :P

I think Angel is better, more powerful than mickey mouse. Hee.

Very cute! And the crystal lights are very nice. :)

Actually, we have a cartoon wall. Hee. Still brainstorming in full details. Wonder what arty-inclined new new will do to it. Hee.

Wow, your unit is really really chio... Maybe you can get media-corp to film it... "Singapore Disneyland"

Disneyland, far from it. Disneyland cost billions of dollars to build wor.

hey Mickey M! the crystal lights are SUPER NICE!!!!

Thanks thanks Rainbowgal. :D

Btw, Mr and Mrs Rainbow, do u all love rainbows? That why ur nicks have the word "rainbow" in it?

does your electrician guy charge per light for the swarovski ceiling? that's a lot of lights :D

what's your electrical quote?

No. It is a lump sum but can't remember how much. Per light I faint liao. Hee. I have to check my just revised quote. Let u know when I am hm.

Edited by Mickey M

This is another one that I like so much.

The sink I bought from Poh Joo, $200 plus. It is deep but not big. Was something we were looking for. :)

Cat has the same light. :)

Actually we have another small kitchen light, looks like a ice cube. Installed just outside the common toilet door. Hee.

Just for you Simon ;)

CrystalLight2.jpg

Mickey, hope you don't mind, too nice liao, must share :P

Hey DMay, of cos don't mind at all. :D

KK .... maybe kopi can also help me convert 1 .... then newnyew 1 .... then etc etc then I can view all liao ... phahaha

Simon, u go everywhere also 'greedy' in some way. lol.

Hate u .... upload photo at midnight .....now at office cannot see le ....

going to be the last to view yr beautiful house :(

Aiya, Simon. I usually knock off quite late. By the time I reach my new place, took pics, shower and eat, very late. Bo pian lor. Hee.

mickey, like your chio chio crystals lights.

dunno whether my eyes are playing tricks, i see your downlights like different size leh, esp the one on the extreme left seems smaller than the rest.

Yes yes. They are different sizes. 1 small, 1 medium and 2 big - unconventional or not the norm. Hee. Think need to redo the installation or think of something. :)

Mickey,

Beautiful lights, it is worth the $$$ :P

I tik if this is installed in my hse, I will have it ON, day and nite, heheheh :P

They are LED lights, so ur bill won't expose even if u switch it on everyday. Hee. But the LED system has its disadvantages. The fibre-optics system, u can install a color-wheel (don't know the actual term for it). Generally, you can change the color of the lights, like a rainbow. And u can dim it or what. Meaning u can set it in a way where the crystals can fickle fickle, like real stars. But there are downsides for the fibre-optics system. Eventually, decided to get the LED one. Cat, we bought the swarovski lights at Lightology. Did u saw it when u were there?

是美的 lor :dribble:

I like your idea of using the round light ropes, is that expensive?

It depends on which types of rope lights u want. I paid $250 pluse for it if I remember correctly. U been to Orchard Central recently? They used lots of long LED rope lights to decor the pillars. That one is exp, $100 plus per metre. Mine was like $40 or $50 plus per metre. Both are LEDs but the $100 plus one is much brighter. And I learnt something abt such rope lights. Actually, they are join together one. So, if the light fuses, only that particular metre will be affected. U just need to change that particular metre.

wah thanks to dmay...

the lightings so pretty... like stars

so lomantic!

Lomantic, I like! Hee. Stars... Wish Upon the Stars!

yah its like that. thats why i go my id to touch up all again and repaint again

Noted. :)

you know what you can do? you can get the same pic cut out from a door and place a tempered glass in the hole. then your door will look like disneyland. not for main door of course...more for internal doors.

LV

Actually, we wanted to change our bedroom doors to match the theme. But decided to do away with it for now. Cos we think mickey mouse motif doors not cool enough. Hee. :)