Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
seashell

Liang Seng Hin (lsh) Homo Tiles Model: 6868

Hi

I bought LIANG SENG HIN (LSH) HOMO TILES MODEL: 6688 because of its claim of 'anti-stain' features.

However, after my contractor lay n polished the tiles, even size, patches of circle print surfaced on the tiles. the whole house tiles is now affected. the patches looks like a watermark!

at first my contractor suspected it could be due to stacking of the tiles that causes the mark! but if this is so, the mark should be square and not round!

LSH says they will send someone down tommorrow to check on my tiles.. anyone have encounter this problem???

Edited by seashell

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I am also considering these anti-stain tiles. One thing that I remembered when I snoop snoop around for floor tiles, is that there is a caution against using acid wash for these tiles. Did the patches happen before or after the acid wash?

Hi there, just need to check with you why you need to polished the homo tiles?

I am also considering these anti-stain tiles. One thing that I remembered when I snoop snoop around for floor tiles, is that there is a caution against using acid wash for these tiles. Did the patches happen before or after the acid wash?

no acid wash according to my contractor... he only polish it... reason is, these tiles comes with a wax layer to protect them from scratches when laying the tiles. after laying, the wax have to be removed by polishing it..

it is not due to wash or anything because the round patches are all the same size, same location! and, i realized there is already watermark stain along the grout lines of the tiles...

am very surprised it claim it is anti stain but already got stain even before i move in....

Edited by seashell

Lian Seng Hin had promised to come over to see my tiles and will do whatever they can to resolve the problem.

I look forward to tommorrow.. i really hope it can be solved soon...

Lian Seng Hin had promised to come over to see my tiles and will do whatever they can to resolve the problem.

I look forward to tommorrow.. i really hope it can be solved soon...

hi Seashell,

So, did LSH come? What's their conclusion?

Just gathering info from others around here.. anyone having similar problems about their homo tiles from other suppliers?

Hi seashell,

So far I work with many tile supplies and to what I know, there isn't any layer of wax on the homo tiles.

Homo tiles are made from hard material and as a result the surface is not that easily scratch.

Maybe you see what LSH feedback.

If convenient, I can make my way down to your place and see is htere any solution to slove the problem.

You can PM me or contact me @ 9765 7193

hi Seashell,

So, did LSH come? What's their conclusion?

Just gathering info from others around here.. anyone having similar problems about their homo tiles from other suppliers?

the lian seng hin people came n he acknowledge the stains- he claim that it should be a wax stain only.. n then i realize there is also water stains mark.. i can't imagine i haven't move in, already got stain. it greatly contradict to what they claim as 'anti stain' tiles..

the person told me, they will use a machine n chemical n remove the stains. he said most of the time, it can be removed up to 90%... in my mind is like, 10%stain still can be seen? omg... i really duno if i can accept it?

if it was u, would u? a plain colour tiles still have little stains all over the house ?? :( he said let him try first, if dont accept or what, then discuss... in my point of view, i hate to redo the tiles because it is going to delay my HO once again! but i hate it more if the stains were to surface into greyish colour in a few months time!

they sell tiles that claimed 'anti-stain'... but what is happening now, it doesn't prove it to be 'anti-stain'...at this point in time, i really duno what are my rights as a customer?

Edited by seashell

Hi seashell,

So far I work with many tile supplies and to what I know, there isn't any layer of wax on the homo tiles.

Homo tiles are made from hard material and as a result the surface is not that easily scratch.

Maybe you see what LSH feedback.

If convenient, I can make my way down to your place and see is htere any solution to slove the problem.

You can PM me or contact me @ 9765 7193

hi solution provider

thanks for your offer...hmm.. in fact i got scratches on my homo tiles already.. (probably due to careless workers)

i wait for lsh to do the cleaning n see if the problem can be solved...

homogenous ceramic tile is like a ceramic bowl right?

you can polish but the surface will be different from the original cos there must be some coating

yesterday due to the rain, there is rain on my tiles as my balcony dun have windows.. guess what.. water stains!!!! omg... me gg crazy liao..

was told that their anti stain is not that anti stain.. i duno what kind of logic they are talking about...?

keep saying they have been laying the tiles for many year but no problem. but yesterday the staff can say, some tiles have this problem, n they have been polishing this kind of problem..

assuming if the stains goes away, this type of tiles, still can accept anot?

assuming if the stain doesn't go away, how? cus in the first round, they told me the theory of buying electronics... he said if we buy electronics items, also depend on luck one.. not all the time the things u buy will be good one...he said can at most up to 90% stain be removed... how about the 10%? they cannot answer me...!!!

i duno how he can link these two things together... but it really makes peoples feel very lousy! i am sooooo disappointed about their service!!! if not bcus ah soon said their tiles is good, i would have taken the tiles from Taugres... my friend won't cheat me using lousy tiles! my first house i used my friend's tiles, mopping floor n etc, no problem at all!! now? claim anti stain, only kena rain, stain already... omg!!!!!!!

i will try taking pictures again...

Edited by seashell

Hi seeashell,

From the way they told you, it seem like they dosen't understand the products well.

The only way now is to see the outcome after they have done the job.

But if you really need help, please feel free to contact me.

wah Seashell, i think if i'm you, i would have blasted the tile supplier for sure. It's crap to tell the customer that it's 'not really' anti-stain, then don't paste the label there to market as 'anti-stain'..! One of the contractors that i'd been checking with told me that LSH's tiles are of poor quality........ Anyone else having similar feedback?