Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

oh thanks for the info.. how much more allowance should i buy for the surround speaker cables?

for the front and central speakers, what sort of cables should i get then?

front and central..i've got not much knowledge..it really depends on ur preferances and budget..i guess as long as they are less than $10 per meter it should be ok..anyway...front and centre cables will not be too long also unless ur receiver is far away or ur speakers are far away from TV etc..my front and centre are provided by KEC since i asked for installation service..told them i had surround cables already..

for the surround cables length..measure the distance where u want to run them...then perhaps add 1 meter more to it..i added 2 meters start and end point..any extras and u can hide inside ur false ceiling..they are easy to terminate if u have a pair of cutters..u can get the shop to show u how to do the terminations..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
front and central..i've got not much knowledge..it really depends on ur preferances and budget..i guess as long as they are less than $10 per meter it should be ok..anyway...front and centre cables will not be too long also unless ur receiver is far away or ur speakers are far away from TV etc..my front and centre are provided by KEC since i asked for installation service..told them i had surround cables already..

for the surround cables length..measure the distance where u want to run them...then perhaps add 1 meter more to it..i added 2 meters start and end point..any extras and u can hide inside ur false ceiling..they are easy to terminate if u have a pair of cutters..u can get the shop to show u how to do the terminations..

Guys

Cable management get help from Audio shop & work towards your budget.

Avoid using your contractors recommendation.

Cheers

how is this set? how much is it retail?

Check with KEC first. I know they have a package promo now and going for 1300+

IIRC:

1 pair MS914

1 pair MS Carnival 1

1x MS Carnival 5

1x MS Carnival 7

1x Onkyo 507 AVR

Hi again

my previous post, I state dat I bought the procinema 800, change sub to velodyne CHT8Q & yamaha amp RXV465 (Titanium). Total damage is 2.7K. Yet to be delivered, so tryin my best to persuade my wife to upgrade to svs sub PC12-NSD. She hated it due to it's sheer size. Is it a worthy upgrade? Top up is ard $300. Shld I juz stick to my current setup or get the svs n havin an upset wife? I'm at my wits end.

Any advice will be a great help!!! Thx

Guys

Cable management get help from Audio shop & work towards your budget.

Avoid using your contractors recommendation.

Cheers

Thank you for the advice.. will try to source from the audio shop.. gotta go audition by next month so that can get the cables for the renovation..

Hi again

my previous post, I state dat I bought the procinema 800, change sub to velodyne CHT8Q & yamaha amp RXV465 (Titanium). Total damage is 2.7K. Yet to be delivered, so tryin my best to persuade my wife to upgrade to svs sub PC12-NSD. She hated it due to it's sheer size. Is it a worthy upgrade? Top up is ard $300. Shld I juz stick to my current setup or get the svs n havin an upset wife? I'm at my wits end.

Any advice will be a great help!!! Thx

Dont upset the wife.

The Velo 8Q is a pretty solid performer, though i would recommend the PB12.

Cheers

check out KEC's promotions. call them to ask or go down to the shop. I hooted myself the Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 package...sans the sub cos no more budget. Can't wait for my reno after CNY to have them all set up!

Thx brudder vic, dat will be gd news to my wifey. Also for the other sub dat u recommend, I will check it out n if the price diff is not much, may consider the latter...

check out KEC's promotions. call them to ask or go down to the shop. I hooted myself the Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 package...sans the sub cos no more budget. Can't wait for my reno after CNY to have them all set up!

hey care to share what's the promo and how much did you pay for?

Those who wants to get an xtremely good 5 star Blu ray player, there's a MO started for the OPPO-BDP80 Bluray player here http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.ph...pic=71312.0;all

Its multi region for both DVD & BRs. Promo price is only at $588. It plays SACD as well.

Review is here http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/transpo...rsal-first-look

In terms on picture quality, it beats any current BR player at this price range a few notches down.

Cheers

Hi experts, I need 2 sets of 5.1 speaker systems for my bedroom and the living room based on the following requirements.

1. Bedroom: Budget below $3000 for speakers and amp. Speakers must be compact and black in colour. Main left/right speakers should be within 4 inches in width. For music/gaming/movies/news/ etc but mainly for music. Front, left and right speakers to be wall mounted. Rear speakers to be mounted from ceiling.

2. Living room: Budget below $2000 for speakers and amp. Speakers must be compact and black in colour. For music/gaming/movies/news/ etc but mainly for movies and console gaming. Front, left, right and rear speakers to be mounted from ceiling.

Please kindly advise as I need to get them asap hopefully by March. Cables already laid.

Listen to bro Vic advise n got the oppo bdp80. Also, went to KEC to check on installation of my hts early next mth. Now cny, so super peak. Also listen to another forumer advice n change the rear speakers to white to blend wif the walls n ceiling. Also, the deft tech 800 package I bought came wif 1000 centre speakers! Wohoo! Realized it only now. Stoopid me!

Hence, my final setup are:

deft tech 800 speakers x 02 rear white & x 02 front black

deft tech 1000 centre black speaker

velo cht8q sub

yamaha rxv465 receiver

oppo bdp80

tried my very best to convince wifey to change sub to svs but to no avail... (due to it's giganticous size) :(

also, hopefully can get pioneer Kuro 50" or samsung 8 series 55"... totally broke now. Hopefully can get the tv cheaper once 3d tvs are out. Me only fireman, not rich one ah.

Lastly, da above setup may be peanuts to some hardcore audiophiles but to a newbie like me, anything better than my current samsung hts is oredi an improvement. Thx again to all u guys help... (who's knows... Maybe a few yrs I itchy to get projector...)

Listen to bro Vic advise n got the oppo bdp80. Also, went to KEC to check on installation of my hts early next mth. Now cny, so super peak. Also listen to another forumer advice n change the rear speakers to white to blend wif the walls n ceiling. Also, the deft tech 800 package I bought came wif 1000 centre speakers! Wohoo! Realized it only now. Stoopid me!

Hence, my final setup are:

deft tech 800 speakers x 02 rear white & x 02 front black

deft tech 1000 centre black speaker

velo cht8q sub

yamaha rxv465 receiver

oppo bdp80

tried my very best to convince wifey to change sub to svs but to no avail... (due to it's giganticous size) :(

also, hopefully can get pioneer Kuro 50" or samsung 8 series 55"... totally broke now. Hopefully can get the tv cheaper once 3d tvs are out. Me only fireman, not rich one ah.

Lastly, da above setup may be peanuts to some hardcore audiophiles but to a newbie like me, anything better than my current samsung hts is oredi an improvement. Thx again to all u guys help... (who's knows... Maybe a few yrs I itchy to get projector...)

hi frezhman,

mind sharing how much you paid for your HT (excluding the oppo bdp800)?

i got my kuro 50" last week at audio house though.. u might want to check it out or wait till the IT show next month but i'm not sure if there is still stock by then.. everywhere seems to be running out of stock..

It's $2.7k incl of installation n delivery.

Yamaha rxv465 - $560

pro cinema - $1918

upgrade to velo sub - $161

inst - $80

round up to $2.7k

anyway, mind tellin me how much da kuro cost? Thx

hi frezhman,

mind sharing how much you paid for your HT (excluding the oppo bdp800)?

i got my kuro 50" last week at audio house though.. u might want to check it out or wait till the IT show next month but i'm not sure if there is still stock by then.. everywhere seems to be running out of stock..