Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
garion

Recommendation For A/v Receiver And 5.1 Speakers

Not sure about the price of 608 but the 707 is going for $1,120.00 let us know if anyone can get the 707 at an even cheaper price.

Ive earmarked to get the 707 but need to sell my current receiver 1st.

Cheers

What is your current receiver and roughly how much you want to sell? :D

I am thinking to combine with whaferdale 9.1 Front Spk :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Not sure about the price of 608 but the 707 is going for $1,120.00 let us know if anyone can get the 707 at an even cheaper price.

Ive earmarked to get the 707 but need to sell my current receiver 1st.

Cheers

i got my set at S$1,100.00 from KEC.. i think the S$20.00 doesn't make a difference right? :lol:

Hi

What do you need? A proper home theater set up or just a passable audio/video system?

Budget is very important here.

Cheers

don't think I need a proper home theater set up coz I'll probably move in 2-3 years... a passable audio/video system would be good enough? Fiancee's an audiophile though so sound quality must be good. If he wants good speakers he can buy them separately! hehe

Hi, does anybody have recommendations for Zone 2 speakers to go with an Onkyo TX-SR607?

Will this pair of speakers need built-in woofer since the sub woofer is away from them?

Finally settled with an Onkyo 607 with the Ms carnival 5.1 speaker system.. consisting of carnival 1,5 and 7..

for the surround speakers, is it better to wall mount , place on stand or bracket?

The uncle was telling me to wall mount using L-shape hook.. confuse... :unsure:

Mythos?

haha.. nope.. it's just Pro 2000 (centre speaker), Pro 1000 (front speakers) and Pro 800 (satellite).. sad to say.. :lol:

Edited by reuters

Finally settled with an Onkyo 607 with the Ms carnival 5.1 speaker system.. consisting of carnival 1,5 and 7..

for the surround speakers, is it better to wall mount , place on stand or bracket?

Can the L shape hook allow the speaker to rotate? If not, get a proper bracket.

Cheers

hey budgetice, what was the damage and where did you get your combo at? if you are fine to share...

i got mine from fabian at audio culture for slightly more than 1.3k.. including cables and installation..

KEC got a more value for money set at 1350 excluding cables and installation.. with higher range speakers..

look ard adelphi .. many shops..

Hello all,

I only started to follow this thread today! And a lot of HT experts seem to be here too.

As more and more Media Players are available on the market, like Popcorn, Dune, AC-Ryan; the battle between Sigma-based and Realtek chipsets. These players can output DTS etc. People are also using software to rip their Bluray into mkv files for storage onto NAS for jukebox-like access.

With the above developments, I am also looking into a Popcorn C200 set. When we move to this setup, are we still looking at the same type of HT 5.1 systems? Because over here, we've been talking about upscaling, HDMI out from DVD/BluRay players.... My assumption today is:

Popcorn Video-out (HDMI) to TV

Popcorn Audio-out (Digital coax) to AV receiver then to HT 5.1

Pls correct me if I am wrong.