Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wolflet

Our Humble Abode

Got the plans for ceiling works and lighting today.

ceilingplan.jpg

The ceiling plan. Sorry the colour is a little off, my scanner isnt really good with highlighters

Yellow is for false ceiling, purple is for L-box and there's supposed to be a orange highlight for light pelmets for cove lighting. but its so thin, can't really see it.

For the living room, the lights are coming from the top and bottom L-boxes. For the MBR, cove lighting all around

Edited by wolflet

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

sad news. We just cancelled our contract with sky creation. Realised our ID mistakenly underquoted for a couple of things. In the end we have to incur extra costs due to her errors. thats why we decided to cancel the contract.

True to their word, they honored their 5 day cooling period policy. But because we paid using mastercard, we have to lose $30 coz of the credit card charges.

sad news. We just cancelled our contract with sky creation. Realised our ID mistakenly underquoted for a couple of things. In the end we have to incur extra costs due to her errors. thats why we decided to cancel the contract.

True to their word, they honored their 5 day cooling period policy. But because we paid using mastercard, we have to lose $30 coz of the credit card charges.

fortunately its just a small amount. anyway, which ID are you targeting now?

QUOTE (kelvinkezz @ Dec 1 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fortunately its just a small amount. anyway, which ID are you targeting now?

still in my list is *** interior and 2form. will be meeting 2 more by the end of this week.

QUOTE (wolflet @ Dec 1 2009, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
still in my list is *** interior and 2form. will be meeting 2 more by the end of this week.

Hi Wolf,

Seems your reno plan going on weel and fine huh....looking foward to your keys collection to start the transformation.
Cheers!
yamseng.gif

$30 is a small price compared to $3000 for example. :)

Stay positive k. Just enjoy the whole reno process. :)

$30 is a small price compared to $3000 for example. :)

Stay positive k. Just enjoy the whole reno process. :)

so now i'm back to the tedious process of ID shopping :unsure: :unsure:

so now i'm back to the tedious process of ID shopping :unsure: :unsure:

I find ID shopping tedious too. ha ah Keep talking to different ppl and some times lost track of what we actually want when different ID throws in different idea. I am still shopping too ... :unsure::(

All the best for your shopping and reno. :good: :good: :good:

Just came back from my appointment with *** (Previously Unique).

1st impression of the ID, found her to be quite sloppy. In drawing out what i told her I wanted, she only make vague sketches on the plan without giving me much design ideas.

After a while, she said she knew what I wanted, and proceeded to tell me about their current "promotion" which turns out to be the regular resale packages available in most companies.

Then she became quite pushy almost refusing to let me leave despite me saying I have to go back to discuss with my wife. Saying things like promotion of $1000 rebate is only extended to 1st 10 customers (she claims that 8 pple have signed up).

Took me like 30 mins to break free from her clutches to escape to my car.

Din have good experience with that ID too, was more interested in making us sign up for the package then listening to what we want to do. :(

Congrats on you rnew place. :)

QUOTE (wolflet @ Nov 24 2009, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi peepz,

I've been browsing thru this forum but not really posting much.

We have just acquired a 5rm resale flat in Jurong West and is looking forward to collecting our keys, renovating and moving in to our new home.

I will post pictures soon once i got my image host account up and running. biggrin.gif

For now, I've been doing ID shopping even though my 1st Appt is at 22nd Feb 2010.

A few IDs I've been to include;
- Chew Interior
- Innerview (IMM)
- *** Interior
- * interior (Tradehub 21)
- 2form (Tradehub 21)

So far, we feel that Sky and *** looks most promising although their prices are on the high side.

Will be meeting ###### Interior later in the afternoon.

Will add more stuff as we go along.

C'ya

Wow what a coincidence. My 1st appointment is just a few days before yours ! Like you , we are also sourcing for a ID or contracting company now.

We are also getting 2form to quote. Awaiting quotes, hopefully ready next week. Was considering Chew Interior but the reviews from this forum sounds bad?

Whatever happens it is good to realise the errors now then to dispute with the ID later.

I am sure you will find a good ID to do your reno !

Edited by purecat

Whatever happens it is good to realise the errors now then to dispute with the ID later.

I am sure you will find a good ID to do your reno !

anyway i dun think they provide 3-D drawing... not that i know of..

Haven't been posting for a while.

Just to update on the ID hunt status, (zhiz insisted i post my record breaking ID hunting list).

In sequence of visit;

- Chew Interior (sloppy ID and sloppy quotes)

- Innerview (Quoted but never follow up as promised)

- Sky Creation (Expensive, ID very careless)

- *** Interior (Expensive but impressive design)

- Jason Goh Beng Fong (Emailed him, then is unable to get him thru phone to make appt)

- Jason Goh U n B (Quote is cheap, but alot of details not specified)

- 2form (Seeing my 3rd quote revision tomorrow, so far feels quite comfortable with them)

- * (Spoke to them, no reply after 1+ mth)

- SBC Design and renovation (Not very professional)

- Inside Living (No reply after 1 mth)

- Markwell Design and Contracts (No reply after 1 mth)

- Whitespace (Ignored me after hearing about my key collection date)

- Classic_Ideas - (No reply after 1 mth)

- The Line Living (No reply after 3 weeks)

- Atlantis (No reply after 3 weeks)

- Orangecube (Made appt for tomorrow, will update)

- Intradesign (Just sent email, awaiting reply)

Edited by admin

sorry to hear abt ur encounter bro. but losing $30 is better than $30K. hehe

anyway its a new year so everything can only go good n smooth, tio bo? :D

during my ID search days, i'd been to almost 1/2 of what you'd posted! haha but somehow they were being

eliminated by me 1-way or another. for me, my advice will be to go w an ID that u will be VERY comfortable

with. cos its like ur ID is the project manager and u r da Boss. of cos, not forgetting to take price into

consideration also. good luck!!

Haven't been posting for a while.

Just to update on the ID hunt status, (zhiz insisted i post my record breaking ID hunting list).

In sequence of visit;

- Chew Interior (sloppy ID and sloppy quotes)

- Innerview (Quoted but never follow up as promised)

- Sky Creation (Expensive, ID very careless)

- *** Interior (Expensive but impressive design)

- Jason Goh Beng Fong (Emailed him, then is unable to get him thru phone to make appt)

- Jason Goh U n B (Quote is cheap, but alot of details not specified)

- 2form (Seeing my 3rd quote revision tomorrow, so far feels quite comfortable with them)

- * (Spoke to them, no reply after 1+ mth)

- SBC Design and renovation (Not very professional)

- *** (Very very pushy and sales oriented)

- Inside Living (No reply after 1 mth)

- Markwell Design and Contracts (No reply after 1 mth)

- Whitespace (Ignored me after hearing about my key collection date)

- Classic_Ideas - (No reply after 1 mth)

- The Line Living (No reply after 3 weeks)

- Atlantis (No reply after 3 weeks)

- Orangecube (Made appt for tomorrow, will update)

- Intradesign (Just sent email, awaiting reply)

18 and still counting! Wah..