Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bigeyedfish

Second Time Lucky

Yeah I've seen but the husband has actually chosen. These were brought back just to show me. Anyway just got back from SBH to rechose the mbr toilet tiles. Chose beige and white but forgot to take pictures.

Don't worry. U can take pictures of it when they deliver it. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Finally I am updating again.

Just got back from the new place as today's the 1st day of reno. Yay!! Even though it's just hacking but at least I can see the reno progressing. Waited a long time for this to happen since getting the keys. Reno completion is set on 5 Feb. Now still considering whether CNY is a good time to move.

4247251019_31c4e2ed4b.jpg

Timber strip flooring has been protected

4247248349_4e5ce59e08.jpg

Thought the hacking was quite alright. No holes whatsoever.

4248009914_27a857050b.jpg

Hacked part of kitchen wall

4248020326_d0b838312d.jpg

Smaller kitchen

4248012828_23b46bb273.jpg

Enlarged service balcony entrance

4247242987_833c5d08b8.jpg

New storeroom entrance

4248015120_930658a1c1.jpg

New mbr bathroom entrance

4247232491_407362017e.jpg4126155143_9052c142a0.jpg

My new ventilation window. Previously the common bathroom has no window opening at all (see pic on the right).

The mbr ventilation window has also been enlarged.

I'm a happy woman for now =D

Edited by bigeyedfish

4248012828_23b46bb273.jpg

Enlarged service balcony entrance

4247242987_833c5d08b8.jpg

New storeroom entrance

4248015120_930658a1c1.jpg

New mbr bathroom entrance

4247232491_407362017e.jpg4126155143_9052c142a0.jpg

My new ventilation window. Previously the common bathroom has no window opening at all.

The mbr ventilation window has also been enlarged.

I'm a happy woman for now =D

Hi Bigeyed,

Congrates on your reno starting ......soon soon li li ya....waiting for more transformation pics........ :good: ....happy new year 2010....evrything reno also happy happy....ahhahahhaha

Cheers!

:yamseng:

4217126109_fc38dd70a7.jpg

One side of the kitchen. The tall cabinet will have adjustable shelves. Thinking of moving the hob and hood to the left end to make space for rice cooker and electric kettle. Good idea? Or should I leave it as it is?

I support the idea of creating extra space beside your hobs. Not so much for kettle or rice cooker but space to stage your ingredients ready for cooking. Kinda le chey to keep turning or walking back and forth to pick up plates or what not.

I support the idea of creating extra space beside your hobs. Not so much for kettle or rice cooker but space to stage your ingredients ready for cooking. Kinda le chey to keep turning or walking back and forth to pick up plates or what not.

Thanks SGBuzz. Yup will most likely change the position.

Hi Bigeyed,

Congrates on your reno starting ......soon soon li li ya....waiting for more transformation pics........ :good: ....happy new year 2010....evrything reno also happy happy....ahhahahhaha

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Yeah CJREDDEVIL, as long as reno, of course excited. Thanks. Happy new year to you too.

I 2nd that. There should always be some working space besides the hob. :)

I 2nd that. There should always be some working space besides the hob. :)

Thanks Mickey for your input.

Have just received the schedule of work from contractor. HO is fixed on 4th Feb and I really hope can finish on time. Tomorrow going to buy sanitary wares and lightings.

Went to my house today to talk to the technical officer in charge of my reno. The reno co. was so nice. They actually sent postcards to inform my neighbours of my ongoing reno (actually advertising gimmick also la right). They included the phone number of the technical officer so pity him if people call in to complain about the noise. Heh.

Managed to take this pic only of the house.

4253377973_0d37ed98d7.jpg

Reno day 3

One guy was busy closing up the entrance of the mbr toilet. Tiles have been delivered. They're starting tiling works tomorrow onwards. The Citygas guys are coming up to install the piping tomorrow. Now I'm a bit concerned because my piping will be in stainless steel but Citygas pipes are in copper. Thought wanna have the stainless steel look. Must consider repainting all pipes to have a uniformed look. The guy said citygas pipes might not be able to be painted. Can anyone confirm? Very ugly lei!!

Anyway, bought the sanitary wares and toilet accessories from Heritage already. Now $2000+ poorer =(

4254146026_935d0b525d.jpg

Settled for a Critzo sink, supposedly anti scratch.

Actually very sad because I wanted the stainless steel pipe for under the basin but both the technical officer and the salesman said that PVC is better and last longer. Cannot achieve the look that I wanted but choice got vetoed by the husband aka financier.

Next week probably going to Balestier for lightings.

Mickey, saw your kitchen light in Vlux but it cost $300+ after discount. The husband made noise saying why I want such an expensive light for my mini kitchen. Haha.

Went to my house today to talk to the technical officer in charge of my reno. The reno co. was so nice. They actually sent postcards to inform my neighbours of my ongoing reno (actually advertising gimmick also la right). They included the phone number of the technical officer so pity him if people call in to complain about the noise. Heh.

Managed to take this pic only of the house.

4253377973_0d37ed98d7.jpg

Reno day 3

One guy was busy closing up the entrance of the mbr toilet. Tiles have been delivered. They're starting tiling works tomorrow onwards. The Citygas guys are coming up to install the piping tomorrow. Now I'm a bit concerned because my piping will be in stainless steel but Citygas pipes are in copper. Thought wanna have the stainless steel look. Must consider repainting all pipes to have a uniformed look. The guy said citygas pipes might not be able to be painted. Can anyone confirm? Very ugly lei!!

Anyway, bought the sanitary wares and toilet accessories from Heritage already. Now $2000+ poorer =(

4254146026_935d0b525d.jpg

Settled for a Critzo sink, supposedly anti scratch.

Actually very sad because I wanted the stainless steel pipe for under the basin but both the technical officer and the salesman said that PVC is better and last longer. Cannot achieve the look that I wanted but choice got vetoed by the husband aka financier.

Next week probably going to Balestier for lightings.

Mickey, saw your kitchen light in Vlux but it cost $300+ after discount. The husband made noise saying why I want such an expensive light for my mini kitchen. Haha.

U will be even poorer soon. More things waiting for u to buy. Heehee.

Maybe u can tell him the light looks super nice in the kitchen? Hee.

U will be even poorer soon. More things waiting for u to buy. Heehee.

Maybe u can tell him the light looks super nice in the kitchen? Hee.

Yeah true. Haven't even buy lights =( Definitely more $$ flying.

Decided to scrap the electrical works from my quotation and engaged our own electrician. He came down to the flat today and quoted us for an estimated amount of $950

4 nos of new double socket outlet

1 no of SCV point @ $70

4 nos of telephone point @$40 each

divert lighting points for a 3 areas

change all switches to Clipsal and sockets

change electrical db 14 ways

install all lights

Our initial quote from the reno co was

a. light/ceiling fan points – 2 nos. @ $50 =100

b. 13A twin SSO – 3 nos. @ $60 =180

c. heater switch for hood / hob – 2 nos. @ $60 =120

d. SCV point – 1 no. @ $120 =120

e. telephone point – 1 no. @ $100 =100

f. remove and install only new light fittings (chandeliers) – 12 nos @ $15 =180

And this was only the provisional amount. Doesn't even include all the changing of switches, etc.

Was glad that we met the electrician today because we got to see the tiling works. However, we are very unhappy because the turnout was not what we expected. Tomorrow there will be a meeting between us (owners), project manager and site manager.

This was what I got for my common bathroom

4262653410_49e7248882.jpg

4261903963_a60422f6d0.jpg

We expected to see more orange but we only got 2 miserable strips. An almost white bathroom! Not what we wanted. My husband wants them to remove and retile. Im just hoping things won't turn ugly. But I'm very frustrated.

Master bathroom

4262664488_b2a8bbde46.jpg

The bathroom is supposed to be in beige yet we are seeing white tiles in the area. The white is just supposed to be at the shower area (front and back).

=(

Was glad that we met the electrician today because we got to see the tiling works. However, we are very unhappy because the turnout was not what we expected. Tomorrow there will be a meeting between us (owners), project manager and site manager.

This was what I got for my common bathroom

4262653410_49e7248882.jpg

4261903963_a60422f6d0.jpg

We expected to see more orange but we only got 2 miserable strips. An almost white bathroom! Not what we wanted. My husband wants them to remove and retile. Im just hoping things won't turn ugly. But I'm very frustrated.

Master bathroom

4262664488_b2a8bbde46.jpg

The bathroom is supposed to be in beige yet we are seeing white tiles in the area. The white is just supposed to be at the shower area (front and back).

=(

Gal. Stay positive. Trash it out with them tomorrow. :). Remember, u are the boss in reality.