Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bigeyedfish

Second Time Lucky

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Was glad that we met the electrician today because we got to see the tiling works. However, we are very unhappy because the turnout was not what we expected. Tomorrow there will be a meeting between us (owners), project manager and site manager.

This was what I got for my common bathroom

4262653410_49e7248882.jpg

4261903963_a60422f6d0.jpg

We expected to see more orange but we only got 2 miserable strips. An almost white bathroom! Not what we wanted. My husband wants them to remove and retile. Im just hoping things won't turn ugly. But I'm very frustrated.

Master bathroom

4262664488_b2a8bbde46.jpg

The bathroom is supposed to be in beige yet we are seeing white tiles in the area. The white is just supposed to be at the shower area (front and back).

=(

ops sorry to see your situation!

if really want to replace, better do it now.. cus if later stage then do, it will be very very dirty....

but from what i know, to hack off and do again is the contractor's nightmare... !

but if it is not your mistake, they should rectify...

ops sorry to see your situation!

if really want to replace, better do it now.. cus if later stage then do, it will be very very dirty....

but from what i know, to hack off and do again is the contractor's nightmare... !

but if it is not your mistake, they should rectify...

Thanks for the encouragement seashell and the rest.

We WILL try to get them to redo but what pissed me off big time was an sms from the on site manager.

I already told him I am coming and since my husband already complained to the project manager (aka owner of reno co) about the tiling, the PM is also coming down. Then this site manager smsed me to say, "Pls pardon me, I only need one person to be decision maker." Now who has MORE right to be there? Even if PM is there, I'm still the owner and even PM has to listen to what I want right?

Ok, meeting went well just now. Contractor's nightmare is coming true cos we have told them to redo, by hook or by crook cos those done were not what we wanted. They had to reorder the tiles just now. Hopefully it will come by this afternoon.

Electrician has started work today and Im very happy with him so far. Do you think we can scrap painting works from the quotation even though we have already signed for it. The reno co is charging us 1.6k for whole house painting. I just got a lobang at 900 bucks. Save $$.

After the wrong tiling, I've became a more cautious owner and made an effort to go to the new place every morning (past 2 days) to check on the reno.

Today, am very pleased with the electrician. Rooms' new SSO and telephone lines have been installed.

Kitchen and common floor tiles have been laid. The tilers have removed all the wrong tiles and are still waiting for SBH to deliver the reordered tiles. Wardrobe was halfway up when I came at 11am, should be done by today.

I'll put up the pics later when I get home from work.

Another happy news, reno co said it's ok to remove painting works from quotation.

Visited the house a 2nd time today, after work.

4268206439_d4a257fb54.jpg

4268950786_34e4a3d670.jpg

The wardrobe was up in 1 day - today

4268950730_6fb4d0ddaf.jpg

Common toilet wall tiles rectified - orange for the shower area

4268204583_398fba3342.jpg

MBR toilet wall tiles rectified - all the whites have been taken off, correct beige tiles are up

Visited the house a 2nd time today, after work.

4268206439_d4a257fb54.jpg

4268950786_34e4a3d670.jpg

The wardrobe was up in 1 day - today

4268950730_6fb4d0ddaf.jpg

Common toilet wall tiles rectified - orange for the shower area

4268204583_398fba3342.jpg

MBR toilet wall tiles rectified - all the whites have been taken off, correct beige tiles are up

hi bigeye,

how r you.....?......glad to hear that it's been somehow settled and progressing.. :good: ...looking for more progress update ya!

stay firm on your requirements...

cheers!

:yamseng:

hi bigeye,

how r you.....?......glad to hear that it's been somehow settled and progressing.. :good: ...looking for more progress update ya!

stay firm on your requirements...

cheers!

:yamseng:

I'm doing good but can already feel the tiredness of having to shuttle between houses and workplace.

Thanks. Yeah we're gonna be firm. Glad that the reno co is also accomodating. Thumbs up to them despite the initial hiccup.

Went to lightings.com.sg to get lights for the whole house today.

Some of those that I got.

4278011047_b009bf4500.jpg

For the bathrooms

4278011013_4ff5b4423d.jpg

Got a couple of these in different sizes for parts of the house

4278757544_5cd6b00f5c.jpg

For my living area

4278774872_11798bfc3c.jpg

1 icecube for the balcony

And another similar effect light but the crystal one for the passageway

Only downside is that for these two lights, the bulbs cannot be changed to energy saving bulbs

Very pleasant service from Adeline, who patiently served us (we were fussy and changed our selection a few times)

Awaiting delivery next Saturday.

Updates on house:

Cabinet base up

Gas heater installed

KDK V60WK fan installed

Timber strips for area in front of kitchen laid

However, tiles in the common bathroom are in the process of redoing. Asked the uncle tiler what happened and he said the tiles were not strong enough. But nobody informed us about it. He's redoing on his own.

Went to lightings.com.sg to get lights for the whole house today.

Some of those that I got.

4278011047_b009bf4500.jpg

For the bathrooms

4278011013_4ff5b4423d.jpg

Got a couple of these in different sizes for parts of the house

4278757544_5cd6b00f5c.jpg

For my living area

4278774872_11798bfc3c.jpg

1 icecube for the balcony

And another similar effect light but the crystal one for the passageway

Only downside is that for these two lights, the bulbs cannot be changed to energy saving bulbs

Very pleasant service from Adeline, who patiently served us (we were fussy and changed our selection a few times)

Awaiting delivery next Saturday.

Updates on house:

Cabinet base up

Gas heater installed

KDK V60WK fan installed

Timber strips for area in front of kitchen laid

However, tiles in the common bathroom are in the process of redoing. Asked the uncle tiler what happened and he said the tiles were not strong enough. But nobody informed us about it. He's redoing on his own.

hey bigeyed,

Howz everything......progressing well?

Luv your lights especially the living "pendant" light.........so COZZZYY....

hey bigeyed,

Howz everything......progressing well?

Luv your lights especially the living "pendant" light.........so COZZZYY....

Hi hi CJREDDEVIL!!

Thanks, got everything from Lightings.com.sg. Very reasonable price too.

Anyway, updates.

Have to postpone plans of moving during CNY holiday cos although almost everything will be ready by then, the glass backing of kitchen cabinet and glass shower screens wouldn't be up. The site manager told me it is a problem Singapore wide and the stock would only come after CNY. Need to verify this. Anyone with HO dates around mine having this problem too? Hubby refused to move till house is ready and fully functional. He doesn't want any forms of reno/ rectifications after we have moved in.

Went to our new place to just look see and keep an eye over the works before I left for work.

Picture quality is not very good cos taken with my hp camera.

4294709101_303ae10974.jpg

Kitchen cabinet is halfway up

4294708985_c4c5e8a2d4.jpg

Main wall in living room painted but this is only the 1st coat

4295453552_205d1b1d2b.jpg

Purple in the study room but I forgot the exact name

4294708801_f417246390.jpg

Ashley blue in the boys' room. Not too happy though cos I expect it to be darker.

Going off to the house again tomorrow morning cos lighting.com.sg is delivering the lights. Will take proper pictures.

Hi hi CJREDDEVIL!!

Thanks, got everything from Lightings.com.sg. Very reasonable price too.

Anyway, updates.

Have to postpone plans of moving during CNY holiday cos although almost everything will be ready by then, the glass backing of kitchen cabinet and glass shower screens wouldn't be up. The site manager told me it is a problem Singapore wide and the stock would only come after CNY. Need to verify this. Anyone with HO dates around mine having this problem too? Hubby refused to move till house is ready and fully functional. He doesn't want any forms of reno/ rectifications after we have moved in.

Sun Sun Glass took site measurement yesterday, expecting installation on next Monday (1 Feb) or Tuesday (2 Feb)