Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bigeyedfish

Second Time Lucky

Reno day 19

Pretty pleased with the progress of my reno. I'm left with solid top for kitchen, polishing of timber strips, painting and cleaning up. Door knobs have all been removed to make way for new ones.

Another good news is that the co. managed to find another supplier for the glass shower screens and backing for the kitchen cabinet. Measurements have been taken just now.

Only downside, one of my pendant lights frm lightings.com.sg was found broken when electrician wanted to install. They were delivered before I reached the place and deliveryman called me to say he has placed them in one of the rooms as my painter was there. Called up lightings.com.sg and was told they would do a one on one exchange on Tuesday. Hopefully it is fine this time round.

4297404190_8acb806088.jpg

4297405510_a5112351ef.jpg

4297406842_e24f63a677.jpg

4297410018_7fd57ddbe0.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Reno day 25

Glass shower screens installed in both bathrooms

4309755661_6f896445f5.jpg

Locksets changed for main door and bedroom doors

4309755691_6737aba2bd.jpg

Gas dryer installed

4309755683_12c8dae6ea.jpg

Glass backing installed

Solid top, touch up of painting and polishing of timber strips left. We're set to move in by next weekend =)

Reno day 26

4313019514_0e8af675c2.jpg

My laundry sink in the service yard. Thought the tap looks a bit cheapskate. I paid $970 for the whole setup. Confirm chop carrot.

4313020826_d5ec28f74e.jpg

The laundry sink and dryer. The washing machine is coming next week.

4313025940_d04e52e189.jpg

One side of the kitchen

4313022830_767883445d.jpg

Another side. Not too happy with the way the chimney is installed. It's not flushed against each other.

4313029860_273fc4993f.jpg

An overall view

We're confirmed moving next Friday.

Reno day 26

4313019514_0e8af675c2.jpg

My laundry sink in the service yard. Thought the tap looks a bit cheapskate. I paid $970 for the whole setup. Confirm chop carrot.

Yah. Your tap is very cheapskate... probably about $50. I got this one (RAF) which I think is quite worth the price, only $120 but very solid, from Italy.

rafsinktap.jpg

I am also moving in next Friday, supposed to be today but various delays.

Yah. Your tap is very cheapskate... probably about $50. I got this one (RAF) which I think is quite worth the price, only $120 but very solid, from Italy.

rafsinktap.jpg

where you get it from?

Reno day 25

Glass shower screens installed in both bathrooms

4309755661_6f896445f5.jpg

Locksets changed for main door and bedroom doors

4309755691_6737aba2bd.jpg

Gas dryer installed

4309755683_12c8dae6ea.jpg

Glass backing installed

Solid top, touch up of painting and polishing of timber strips left. We're set to move in by next weekend =)

hi hi...

everything coming along nicely ya.. glad to hear u moving in soon..

so which yellow did u choose in the end for the wall behind ur splashback?

Reno day 26

HEY BIGEYED....

Great to hear that you are all set and ready for the moving soon.... :good: ..at least you've cleared/settled the reno blues(if there are any).....and next shall be the tiring/stressful unpacking.....take care huh !!!!

cheers!

:yamseng:

rafsinktap.jpg

Yup, yours look so much nicer. We didn't choose this and they didn't ask for our opinion. It's supposed to be included in the $970 but it's clearly ugly. We've chose nice taps for our kitchen sink and bathrooms and this looks out of place.

hi hi...

everything coming along nicely ya.. glad to hear u moving in soon..

so which yellow did u choose in the end for the wall behind ur splashback?

Hi butter!!

Finally chose popcorn from the Dulux range. Love the bright yellow.

HEY BIGEYED....

Great to hear that you are all set and ready for the moving soon.... :good: ..at least you've cleared/settled the reno blues(if there are any).....and next shall be the tiring/stressful unpacking.....take care huh !!!!

cheers!

:yamseng:

Hi bro, reno blues still there..hehe..awaiting rectifications. But glad most of the works were on time. Overall, I'm quite happy. But compared to my previous reno, this one caused me more headache. Previously engaged an ID so I don't even check on my house often.

Yup, yours look so much nicer. We didn't choose this and they didn't ask for our opinion. It's supposed to be included in the $970 but it's clearly ugly. We've chose nice taps for our kitchen sink and bathrooms and this looks out of place.

think sanitary items shouldn't be included in any quotations.. because there are cheap and expensive ones. obviously they won't give you expensive ones :P some taps cost a lot (Hansgrohe)

some sinks like Duravit costs more than $1000 :D

think sanitary items shouldn't be included in any quotations.. because there are cheap and expensive ones. obviously they won't give you expensive ones :P some taps cost a lot (Hansgrohe)

some sinks like Duravit costs more than $1000 :D

Definitely a lesson learnt. We mightbe getting a new tap to replace this.

I cannot say my reno progress is smooth flowing but I know it's definitely than some who are facing major problems with their reno. The only downside is the contractor I have hired cannot preempt problems that might arise. Rectifications have been done along the way. My 1st major problem was of course the bathroom tiles (as posted earlier). The rest of the nitty gritty stuff was rectified asap, which was good. However, approaching handover, we discovered this

4314461139_25bf7ca523.jpg

Sealed up mbr bathroom entrance

Totally unacceptable. It is sticking like a sore thumb and my bed is going to be facing this.

Plaster whole wall - they want us to top up

Their solution: They're gonna replaster that part with 'connie' (I don't know how it's spelled) powder to flush it with the rest of the wall.

My husband is definitely pissed off.

I cannot say my reno progress is smooth flowing but I know it's definitely than some who are facing major problems with their reno. The only downside is the contractor I have hired cannot preempt problems that might arise. Rectifications have been done along the way. My 1st major problem was of course the bathroom tiles (as posted earlier). The rest of the nitty gritty stuff was rectified asap, which was good. However, approaching handover, we discovered this

4314461139_25bf7ca523.jpg

Sealed up mbr bathroom entrance

Totally unacceptable. It is sticking like a sore thumb and my bed is going to be facing this.

Plaster whole wall - they want us to top up

Their solution: They're gonna replaster that part with 'connie' (I don't know how it's spelled) powder to flush it with the rest of the wall.

My husband is definitely pissed off.

ask them to grind it down instead of plaster up lah.

must be trying to chop your carrot :P

btw, it's cornice powder, about $10 per bag. think you need 1 bag to plaster the whole wall.