Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bigeyedfish

Second Time Lucky

ask them to grind it down instead of plaster up lah.

must be trying to chop your carrot :P

btw, it's cornice powder, about $10 per bag. think you need 1 bag to plaster the whole wall.

Oh, it's cornice powder. Thanks ossify. Only 10 a bag? They told me they're only gonna plaster the edges to flush it, not even the whole wall *sigh* And their reason is bearing in mind my budget, that's why take the cheapest alternative.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Oh, it's cornice powder. Thanks ossify. Only 10 a bag? They told me they're only gonna plaster the edges to flush it, not even the whole wall *sigh* And their reason is bearing in mind my budget, that's why take the cheapest alternative.

WHAT?! just to plaster the edges?!?!

if you want to do that, might as well DIY, you don't even need to buy the powder since you only need a cupful. An hour or so to apply, one day to dry, another 10min to touchup, another day to dry.

i can give you a cupful. bring a dry container :)

or you can use painter's caulk, it's about $20 or so. easier to apply.

but then again, it won't look nice if you just plaster the edges. Your skirting will be affected too btw.

personally i would ask them to fix it up for me because they made this problem in the first place. or else, discount the price from the final instalment. how much to discount? ask them quote you for grinding down of this doorway to be flush with the wall

Edited by ossify

WHAT?! just to plaster the edges?!?!

if you want to do that, might as well DIY, you don't even need to buy the powder since you only need a cupful. An hour or so to apply, one day to dry, another 10min to touchup, another day to dry.

Yeah that's what I told my husband too.

personally i would ask them to fix it up for me because they made this problem in the first place. or else, discount the price from the final instalment. how much to discount? ask them quote you for grinding down of this doorway to be flush with the wall

My husband already told them to fix it up since they were the ones who didn't preempt this problem. That was the solution they gave. I'll call them up again and suggest the grinding. Thanks for your tips.

As of yesterday, there was no rectification works on the wall. My husband will be going there today as Citygas is connecting the gas for the hob and teaching him how to use the gas dryer.

Parquet works done.

4320896572_c76091e260.jpg

Dining area

4320897598_edf3abc890.jpg

Not sure why some planks look like they have bubbles.

Supposed to be matte finish. Took the photo against the light.

4320899228_6328a83472.jpg

Took this frm the window side.

They only took 2 days to finish the floors. I'm not sure of the standards and this costs us $1460.

Edited by bigeyedfish

polishing foc?

think need to level a bit more..

Eh bro, sorry. I replied before the pics load. The walls are two different walls la. One dining, one mbr. I think the study room have those lines because of old plaster. But it's not really visible and I never noticed also until you mentioned.

The obvious one is the mbr. Still waiting for rectification tomorrow.

Eh bro, sorry. I replied before the pics load. The walls are two different walls la. One dining, one mbr. I think the study room have those lines because of old plaster. But it's not really visible and I never noticed also until you mentioned.

The obvious one is the mbr. Still waiting for rectification tomorrow.

oh, different walls. heh sorry for highlighting it :P if you don't notice it, then nevermind lah. but i think if you pay for plastering, then the plastering should have some standard mah

Edited by ossify

oh, different walls. heh sorry for highlighting it :P if you don't notice it, then nevermind lah. but i think if you pay for plastering, then the plastering should have some standard mah

No worries, you have eyes for details, which is very good. Nobody dare chop your carrot. Hehe.

I think the house has those grooves along the walls that's why the ex owners plaster it up.

Tmw, will take a look at the mbr plastering.

Hope you'll have a smooth moving in on Friday =)

As of yesterday, there was no rectification works on the wall. My husband will be going there today as Citygas is connecting the gas for the hob and teaching him how to use the gas dryer.

Parquet works done.

4320896572_c76091e260.jpg

Dining area

4320897598_edf3abc890.jpg

Not sure why some planks look like they have bubbles.

Supposed to be matte finish. Took the photo against the light.

4320899228_6328a83472.jpg

Took this frm the window side.

They only took 2 days to finish the floors. I'm not sure of the standards and this costs us $1460.

your parquet is really cheap for 3bedrooms right?

Reno day 25

Glass shower screens installed in both bathrooms

your glass shower screens are already installed? thought you had problems with this.

Yup, they got another contact before I could give them yours. So problem solved.

you should post pics :D