Sign in to follow this  
crystal535

Granite Or Solid Surface?

wow

read jaskel's renotalk.com thread on countertops...wow

tyty for great info !

hi, is it the link he left up there?

coz i tried the link and it brought me to this thread again leh..haha

the kitchen part im still deciding on! granite or Corian/LG solid surface??

black or white??

for the record, i might put up stainless steel backing at the cooking zone

and glass at the washing zone...

sooo... does it make sense to use granite at cooking zone and solid surface at washing

zone?? anybody done dual materials within their kitchen..

im tempted on their individual practicality...but worried if come out like rojak sia...Lol

YNWA,

El Nino

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hi, is it the link he left up there?

coz i tried the link and it brought me to this thread again leh..haha

the kitchen part im still deciding on! granite or Corian/LG solid surface??

black or white??

for the record, i might put up stainless steel backing at the cooking zone

and glass at the washing zone...

sooo... does it make sense to use granite at cooking zone and solid surface at washing

zone?? anybody done dual materials within their kitchen..

im tempted on their individual practicality...but worried if come out like rojak sia...Lol

YNWA,

El Nino

depending on the ID u go to. some IDs quoted me same price for granite and LG solid top. unless u go for other brands of solid top, makes more sense to go granite if its the same price as LG

depending on the ID u go to. some IDs quoted me same price for granite and LG solid top. unless u go for other brands of solid top, makes more sense to go granite if its the same price as LG

Ohh...the pricing was $98 pfr for LG, $115 pfr for corian, granite not quoted but shd be

thereabouts right?

anyway, my main concern is aesthetic and practicality of having both tops in the kitchen... ;)

YNWA,

El Nino

Ohh...the pricing was $98 pfr for LG, $115 pfr for corian, granite not quoted but shd be

thereabouts right?

anyway, my main concern is aesthetic and practicality of having both tops in the kitchen... ;)

YNWA,

El Nino

If your SS and granite top are of different colour, it may be harder to find a neutral colour in between for your cabinets. but i'm not a designer.. so i may be wrong.

otherwise, i dun see any problem with having both. If your washing area cabinet is just for storage purposes (I'm assuming service yard area) u can even consider laminate top which is very much cheaper

If your SS and granite top are of different colour, it may be harder to find a neutral colour in between for your cabinets. but i'm not a designer.. so i may be wrong.

otherwise, i dun see any problem with having both. If your washing area cabinet is just for storage purposes (I'm assuming service yard area) u can even consider laminate top which is very much cheaper

from the colours i played ard with, dark glossy tones are good complement for

the cooking zone if i combine with ss and granite top...

thanks for the heads up on using laminate top at washing zone...only concern would

be warping of laminates over time due to constant contact with water...? :unsure:

anyway, i dun have a service yard..doing up a galley kitchen instead.. ;)

YNWA,

El Nino

not sure if i'm going OT but need to check with u guys....

do ppl do silicone sealant these days? my concern is, do ppl do silicone sealant where the s/s sink and the laminate/granite/solid countertop join?? if not, would there be gaps n hence, water can seep through? :(

from the colours i played ard with, dark glossy tones are good complement for

the cooking zone if i combine with ss and granite top...

thanks for the heads up on using laminate top at washing zone...only concern would

be warping of laminates over time due to constant contact with water...? :unsure:

anyway, i dun have a service yard..doing up a galley kitchen instead.. ;)

YNWA,

El Nino

if the cabinet is intended to come into constant contact with water, then laminate is definitely a nono.

not sure if i'm going OT but need to check with u guys....

do ppl do silicone sealant these days? my concern is, do ppl do silicone sealant where the s/s sink and the laminate/granite/solid countertop join?? if not, would there be gaps n hence, water can seep through? :(

my undermount S/S sink has silicon sealant with my granite top. no leakage so far.

no sealant then leaking is definitely a problem

My black solid surface dining table now have whitish patch near the edges of the dining top. Anyone knows how to get rid of it?

My ID EDGELINE PLANNERS sent the sub-con's sales person to my house and he keep insisting he see nothing. I think he is BLIND!!!

Hi,

anyone can share what is the current range of price for India granite? I was told by contractor there is limited range of color should be true?

Thanks much!

Granite come in many origin...made in China granite and made in India, Italy, Finland, Norway...etc cost differently, so is their thickness. I've wrote a thread regard about kitchen top material..... u all may check it out to learn more on it.

http://www (dot) myhometown (dot) sg/Forum/tabid/84/aff/22/aft/152822/afv/topic/afpg/1/Default.aspx

Hi Jaskel & all

thnx for providing this valuable info. Could anyone provide me the latest granite pricing (per foot) nowaday ? Saw someone mentioned $110 (but that was 4-5months) ago. Understand my ID (to be) is going to earn some extra but just wanna to make sure I dun kena chop big time. :(

any supplier website ?

thnx

Hi Jaskel & all

thnx for providing this valuable info. Could anyone provide me the latest granite pricing (per foot) nowaday ? Saw someone mentioned $110 (but that was 4-5months) ago. Understand my ID (to be) is going to earn some extra but just wanna to make sure I dun kena chop big time. :(

any supplier website ?

thnx

$110-$140pfr.

$110-$140pfr.

thnx. Kind of attracted to quartz (from silestone) recently after reading more forum threads. Will visit builders design centre soon at changi south to compare. Someone mentioned the price between granite and quartz is almost the same.