Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lynnzlq

Our 3ng Flat At Amk

ya at 1st we assumed we can fix above our tap but then it looked really weird. Tat was a last min decision to place there. Thanks! (phew)

jus be a little careful cos the base is shallow. things may drop into the wc...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi lynn, are all your floors cement screeded? even the toilet floors?

by the way, did your ID tell you the use of those metal strips? i asked one ID, he told me they are just for aesthetics... :huh: i thought they were meant to minimize cracking..

hi lynn, are all your floors cement screeded? even the toilet floors?

by the way, did your ID tell you the use of those metal strips? i asked one ID, he told me they are just for aesthetics... :huh: i thought they were meant to minimize cracking..

hi lilithfiend', pls ask yr id what will happen if i choose to re-screed my flooring without hacking, my id said her workers would do the following;

1) pour some very strong chemical on top of my existing already cement screeded floor and leave it to dry for one day

2) then pour a thin layer of cement over (this is re-screed to them)

to me it is exactly like walking on thin ice right? over time it cannot take our body weight, let alone our heavy furnitures. i'm very very worried tat the floor will have a `mini earthquakes' effect, instead of hairline cracks, it would develop deep GAPS!

pls help me to check with your id. the reason why i want to re-screed is bcos i don't like the colors, too patchy and most of the areas are very dark grey in colors. they have already buffered the floor but no help

i asked for metal strips is bcos it helps to break the floors into parts. if one area develops hairline cracks, it will not travel all the way on the floor, it will end where the strip ends. got it?

jus be a little careful cos the base is shallow. things may drop into the wc...

hi I read somewhere you were talking abt yr parquet flooring...

The workers just grind n polished but the skirting are still old, dented, scratches and quite dull. so diff from the floor. My I'd said that is the best they can do for my skirtings. Is tat true?

hi I read somewhere you were talking abt yr parquet flooring...

The workers just grind n polished but the skirting are still old, dented, scratches and quite dull. so diff from the floor. My I'd said that is the best they can do for my skirtings. Is tat true?

to grind and polish floor, they just use a machine. it's fast.

to grind and polish skirting, you need a handheld driller, with sanding and smoothing pads. it's slow. would eat too much into their profits :P

hi lilithfiend', pls ask yr id what will happen if i choose to re-screed my flooring without hacking, my id said her workers would do the following;

1) pour some very strong chemical on top of my existing already cement screeded floor and leave it to dry for one day

2) then pour a thin layer of cement over (this is re-screed to them)

to me it is exactly like walking on thin ice right? over time it cannot take our body weight, let alone our heavy furnitures. i'm very very worried tat the floor will have a `mini earthquakes' effect, instead of hairline cracks, it would develop deep GAPS!

pls help me to check with your id. the reason why i want to re-screed is bcos i don't like the colors, too patchy and most of the areas are very dark grey in colors. they have already buffered the floor but no help

i asked for metal strips is bcos it helps to break the floors into parts. if one area develops hairline cracks, it will not travel all the way on the floor, it will end where the strip ends. got it?

hey lynn, sorry but i don't have an ID yet! i've only just begun speaking to ID/contractors and nothing has been firmed up yet. Maybe someone else here will be able to shed some light on your dilemma? :(

and yep, i understand what you're saying about the metal strips liao..thanks for the headsup!

hi lilithfiend

do show me your cement flooring aft it's done.

512ace3a.jpg

quite a few water staining marks and dents marks. they need to buffer the wall to even out everything.

ca7e9bfc.jpg

rainshower from hoe kee

aeb73701.jpg

kitchen wall lights

51d2a5c1.jpg

master toilet

ba5cca2e.jpg

quite a few water staining marks and dents marks. they need to buffer the wall to even out everything.

Is the cement screeding cheap? How much did it cost you to do that for the toilets and kitchen? I like to do the same also - thinking that it will save me money from buying tiles? You mind sharing your screeding quote pls?

thank you.

Is the cement screeding cheap? How much did it cost you to do that for the toilets and kitchen? I like to do the same also - thinking that it will save me money from buying tiles? You mind sharing your screeding quote pls?

thank you.

hi both my toilet walls are cement screed and my living hall flooring. flooring cost ard 1.2k with stainless steel strips. but i learnt my lesson, dun believe any so called ID who claimed they can do. apparently to achieve a smooth and even effect you have to use self levelling compound. drill your contractor to show you their past workmanship first.

I like the way you light up the hall by using track lights. I guess those are halogen lights right? Do such lights make the whole place very warm? I'm thinkin of using such track light but my concern is energy consumption and also it will the room very warm.

50100394.jpg

Did you custom made the dinning table? I like the stainless steel legs. Where to get it?

ada263b0.jpg

dinning table

I like the way you light up the hall by using track lights. I guess those are halogen lights right? Do such lights make the whole place very warm? I'm thinkin of using such track light but my concern is energy consumption and also it will the room very warm.

50100394.jpg

Did you custom made the dinning table? I like the stainless steel legs. Where to get it?

ada263b0.jpg

dinning table

The dining table top is actually a laminated worktop from Ikea :D I use the same in my kitchen as a kitchen worktop. Less than $100 :D

The legs are also from Ikea but I don't remember the price.