Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samgalz

Our Dream Home~

At least these type can slowly upgrade rite, move in and then see if u need loh. Can still change your bulbs?

Have cove lighting instead, can use daylight white light for usual and cove lighting for that special mood. Like tat no need to find lamps or scared not bright enough.

Yeap, the Z-Bar LED can wait. Wallet already got big holes after reno.

I agree, I can always change the downlight bulb if it's too dark.

Nice. My only concern is do we have to switch off the main kitchen light to see the full effect of this kind of lighting? And do we swtich on both the kitchen light and what do you call this kind of lighting at the same time? The location for this kind of lighting seems difficult to change a new tube, isnt it?

No need, you still have to turn on the main kitchen light. The main kitchen light is to provide general lighting for the kitchen. While this one is task lighting, it's to provide light when you are preparing the food.

It's not difficult to change the tube. The light is mounted on a railing, can detach the light to change with a new tube.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hallo as of now, i hv only one son....how to hv son-in-law in the future? :D but i shall thank your nice words should it come true.... :good:

Oh I am referring to you as a T-chow MIL to your future daughter's hubby with referenc to your own admission that you and your MIL are both T-chow. Don't tell me that you are stopping at one?

Eh..are u referring to my purchase? keke

I bought at RM21 with GE bulb. That GE bulb is selling like RM17 alone, so practically the casing only cost RM4.

I didnt buy T5 from there, coz I scare buy wrongly. But its around the price range u mention. :good:

Hey, where in JB? Near any landmark or got address? Do they have their version of "Balestier Rd" with high concentration of light shops? Did you try looking for toilet stuff like WC and sink from there?

Yay! Mine too! Mine too! :yamseng:

In fact both my PIL treat me overly well i feel...

everytime i go up surely will cook some rendang or lontong or briyani..*yum*yum* :sport-smiley-018:

although in some ways i feel its not good for them to show me with so much love and care on me and wife... :o

coz my wife said her 3 braders abit sian and unhappy my FIL always compare me to them... :help:

haiz...too much of a good thing also no good leh...can breed unhappines to others... :(

Wah..El that means u are actually an elite loh. keke :P

Next time can tabao some rendang or lotong for us or not? Sounds nice man!! :good:

wah...Samy Jie...looks like the name stuck on u liao...now Ngunadi also call u Samy jie...

wahahaha... :sport-smiley-003:

Ngunadi, just up the pics or the link to the post in ur blog here la...easy access for all mah...am sure Samy jie wun mind... :thumbs up:

everyone's thread moving so fast so hard to catch up leh.....

I also start to call her sammie jie, but this jie make pple call me ang kor, sound so obit!! :bangwall:

wait! wait!

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: -> Angteko :horse:

:sport-smiley-003:

Wei..u out of nothing shoot me for wat??

The link for the newly uploaded photos

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?ac...&pid=520026

Now waiting for my electrician to put some casing on the dangling power cables :D

Very colorful starhub kitchen u have there ngunadi!! :good:

But hor, I still prefer to go with warm light, as u can see the effect wasnt very good for day cool light.

Another suggestion I want to make is, u should do T5 light across the whole cabinet, it will be nicer.

And electrical wire hor, I think if it can be made into switches type would nicer, all wires will be hiden.

Yup! my place i told my hubby no warm white lights. My down lights, round lights, and the kitchen top lights, I told CFO cool daylight best, if cannot then day-light bulbs. Currently my kitchen is using warm white lights, and I always complain that I cannot see if it is cooked well. :(

Really cannot see well ah?? U still have ceiling light to bring it up mah...no?

I havent really try mine, if all of yours cant see, mine is even worst with black wall tiles. wahaha :D

Wah..El that means u are actually an elite loh. keke :P

Next time can tabao some rendang or lotong for us or not? Sounds nice man!! :good:

I also start to call her sammie jie, but this jie make pple call me ang kor, sound so obit!! :bangwall:

Wei..u out of nothing shoot me for wat??

elite ah? more like target board loh...i dun like my BILs to think im stealing their spot...:o

tabao ah...why not...but i gotta warn u by the time i bring home, me and Goro will finish up the lontong and rendang liao...kekeke... :horse:

Ehhh...i also dunno leh...i get too excited see others shoot u, so join in the fun ler...wahahaha....:bleah:

But hor, I still prefer to go with warm light, as u can see the effect wasnt very good for day cool light.

Another suggestion I want to make is, u should do T5 light across the whole cabinet, it will be nicer.

And electrical wire hor, I think if it can be made into switches type would nicer, all wires will be hiden.

Really cannot see well ah?? U still have ceiling light to bring it up mah...no?

I havent really try mine, if all of yours cant see, mine is even worst with black wall tiles. wahaha :D

Ceiling light is in the center, the light shining to the counter top some parts are blocked, then the light is yellow white. Add 3 factors together when cooking at nite you will have to guess the food color abit bit. If you have lights on the cabinet top should not have this problem lah.

Oh I am referring to you as a T-chow MIL to your future daughter's hubby with referenc to your own admission that you and your MIL are both T-chow. Don't tell me that you are stopping at one?

i dun intend to stop at one :D am working on it that's why i say i will thank you for ur kind words if it comes true. :D

tabao ah...why not...but i gotta warn u by the time i bring home, me and Goro will finish up the lontong and rendang liao...kekeke... :horse:

omg! u let goro eat this stuff??? u be careful goro dun drop all his hair/fur

Yeah, just realized, I am having starhub kitchen ...

Initially I want to use the T5 light across the cabinet but ... the problems are

1. The kitchen cabinet length is around 165-175 (nvr really measure)

2. The T5 lights are only available in 502mm or 902mm. So, I bought the 902mm, the other extra 902mm can not be used.

I want to make it to switch,going to talk to my electrician who is coming this saturday. They suppose to open 1 phone line for me.

Yeah, just realized, I am having starhub kitchen ...

Initially I want to use the T5 light across the cabinet but ... the problems are

1. The kitchen cabinet length is around 165-175 (nvr really measure)

2. The T5 lights are only available in 502mm or 902mm. So, I bought the 902mm, the other extra 902mm can not be used.

I want to make it to switch,going to talk to my electrician who is coming this saturday. They suppose to open 1 phone line for me.

Ask him to do overlap of the T5 light. The reason for overlapping is so that when your lights are on, u wont see shadow in between the 2 T5 light.

Since u already got a spare one, u can do that already.

And u can get them to tie the T5 on top flashing downwards, instead of at the front and flasing against the backsplash.

Flashing down will make your table top brighter, but since u use cool day light, then maybe brighter enough. keke

But flashing towards your backsplash may cause light reflection with cool day light? :dunno:

Ask him to do overlap of the T5 light. The reason for overlapping is so that when your lights are on, u wont see shadow in between the 2 T5 light.

Since u already got a spare one, u can do that already.

And u can get them to tie the T5 on top flashing downwards, instead of at the front and flasing against the backsplash.

Flashing down will make your table top brighter, but since u use cool day light, then maybe brighter enough. keke

But flashing towards your backsplash may cause light reflection with cool day light? :dunno:

won't that be too glaring? Now thinking about it, I like the light to be angled away from the backsplash to reduce glare. Then again if granite is used on the counter top, there will be a reflection also. :unsure:

Actually, there is some reflection from the backsplash. But assuming a height of a shortie like me, when using the top, my eyes level is still higher than the pelmet. I won't be able to see the backsplash immediately, hence I won't see the reflection. So it's still ok.

I am trying to visualize how do I do an overlap ....

If I want to do overlap, I might need a connector for the lights, which I don't have.

won't that be too glaring? Now thinking about it, I like the light to be angled away from the backsplash to reduce glare. Then again if granite is used on the counter top, there will be a reflection also. :unsure:

Yup, u are right. But if use warm light then wont have this issue, coz not as bright as white light. keke

Actually, there is some reflection from the backsplash. But assuming a height of a shortie like me, when using the top, my eyes level is still higher than the pelmet. I won't be able to see the backsplash immediately, hence I won't see the reflection. So it's still ok.

I am trying to visualize how do I do an overlap ....

If I want to do overlap, I might need a connector for the lights, which I don't have.

Yup, u need a connector, which your electrician should know how to do it.

Later I go take some photos of mine for reference. ;)

went along Balestier yesterday night to have a look around for ideas for my bathroom and kitchen accessories...wanted to go Indulge as recommended by some but close down liao :(

went into one shop, can't rmb the name of the shop (name card with hubby) and the lady was very helpful and friendly. recommended the WC/basin set at $308 but I rmb seeing somewhere people got theirs at cheaper price. saqw a waterfall tap that I like, solid, nice and cheap (price was approx $180 per tap before discount). Will upload once i load into photobucket...hopefully can find it elsewhere at even cheaper price. my industrial tap was soooooooooooo expensive there. She was selling at $428...went into Asia Excel and he was selling $399...will call back ?Hoe Kee and check again.

but one good thing is I decided on my hob and hood though I have not order. I will buy Hobz brand for both as I like the outlook and best thing, the burner is suitable for wok cooking...fire big enough. Asia Excel told me if compare Cuizino, Cuizino fire is smaller therefore more suitable for flat pan cooking. Me a wok person more lah so it's going to be Hobz for me. main point to make me change my mind from Techno to Hobz is the... PRICE. hobz is much cheaper with more trendy look and also offering the lifetime warranty on Tempered Glass. ok so now is to find the one shop which offers the items i wan with the price which I'm ok then I will buy all within the shop. :D

Zelly, same same as u....apacadl