Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
samgalz

Our Dream Home~

This fri come dining, coffee table and carpet. Next sun come sofa.

See if I can take any pic this wkend.

Brother,

Would love to see those pictures of your furnitures.

Cheers.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
ok, will wait for your pic on your furniture. when is it arriving?

No chance MIL in sengkang and that's the most impt person in my life now...hahaha cos she takes care of my son for me!!! haha though i would love the convenience of haig road, not mentioning how near it's to foodie places....

Well done, Sam. It's not easy in most cases. Is your MIL teochew? I heard that most T-chow MILs are easy to get along with.

Cheers.

Ang kor kor,

Not only refer to your post. Happened that my col sitting beside me just moved to JB Bukit Indah area. So he did alot of research for me. hehehehe.

Actually, to me, the lighting is the same regardless you buy it in JB or SG. Afterall, lights won't spoil easily! On the woods thing, well, to be honest, it's better to stick with SG as I think there are some sort of SG certified standard on those thing. At least some quality control.

Anyway, only lights and certain funitures are cheap in JB. Switches from SG still the best price.

Haha. I think it is so funny that both Sam and Zel address their hubbies as 'ah lau' and 'uncle'. Old school guys are more reliable, okay?

I really call my hubby lao Gong 70% of the time 20% his name lets say 10% other endearments including "uncle" okie :P

Okie lah.. they need us to make them less uncle-fied. :notti:

I think having a good MIL and DIL relationship is impt, esp we can get our MIL to be on our side and our hubby is facing 2:1. Usually u can see who will lose the war most of the time. :yeah:

Edited by Zelly

Ang kor kor,

Not only refer to your post. Happened that my col sitting beside me just moved to JB Bukit Indah area. So he did alot of research for me. hehehehe.

Actually, to me, the lighting is the same regardless you buy it in JB or SG. Afterall, lights won't spoil easily! On the woods thing, well, to be honest, it's better to stick with SG as I think there are some sort of SG certified standard on those thing. At least some quality control.

Anyway, only lights and certain funitures are cheap in JB. Switches from SG still the best price.

Eh..my in law just move there as well. Thats y I got alot of research in that area. My lightings and furniture all get from somewhere near there. haha

Yah, agree, lights definitely wont spoilt easily. Just make sure u test it b4 bringing it over. But do note that JB sell very limited ceiling lights (those square or round type that tact closely to the ceiling one). And it really save me at least 50%-60% of my overall cost. Imagine in SG, with SGD110-130, I can only get those very normal ceiling light. With that $$, I can get very cool and nice design over there. With reference to my walkway ceiling light, it cost me abt SGD100 only.

For furniture, u need to go those big comp loh, there also got good quality and ceritification, esp on leather.

Switches there also cheaper by 50% leh. I rem i saw clipsal switch at the same price as SG but in RM there.

Well done, Sam. It's not easy in most cases. Is your MIL teochew? I heard that most T-chow MILs are easy to get along with.

Cheers.

haha...in fact yes, she is teochew married hokkien and I also teochew!! does that means I'm easy to get along?? :notti:

I really call my hubby lao Gong 70% of the time 20% his name lets say 10% other endearments including "uncle" okie :P

Okie lah.. they need us to make them less uncle-fied. :notti:

I think having a good MIL and DIL relationship is impt, esp we can get our MIL to be on our side and our hubby is facing 2:1. Usually u can see who will lose the war most of the time. :yeah:

for mine, i call him "Dear" most of the time or his name. it's only to outside when I refer him to ah lao or hubby. yeah zelly, we beautify them mah :notti:

for my case my MIL stands neutral when me and my ah lao fight. she will c who right who wrong then tell the party why they wrong. so if my hubby wrong she also help me scold him. same for my SIL who is his elder sis. :sport-smiley-004: but same thing lah, if i being unreasonable they will also say me.

haha...in fact yes, she is teochew married hokkien and I also teochew!! does that means I'm easy to get along?? :notti:

for mine, i call him "Dear" most of the time or his name. it's only to outside when I refer him to ah lao or hubby. yeah zelly, we beautify them mah :notti:

for my case my MIL stands neutral when me and my ah lao fight. she will c who right who wrong then tell the party why they wrong. so if my hubby wrong she also help me scold him. same for my SIL who is his elder sis. :sport-smiley-004: but same thing lah, if i being unreasonable they will also say me.

Okay, so it's true that T-chow MILs are easy going. I am sure your son in law can get along with you and your ah lao in the future.

Everyone is living in harmony and that's good fengshui too!

Cheers.

Okay, so it's true that T-chow MILs are easy going. I am sure your son in law can get along with you and your ah lao in the future.

Cheers.

hallo as of now, i hv only one son....how to hv son-in-law in the future? :D but i shall thank your nice words should it come true.... :good:

Cheers.

Eh..my mum als Teochew, getting along ok with my wife leh, only abit naggy. haha :D

Sam~~~~pm me your ID contact plz...hehehehe...if I'm not mistaken, is Edmund from DX right? Need to engage more ID!

eh...he not ID leh, he contractor. he dun really do the thinking for u. u hv some idea and he will input some. but he got give 3D lah. if u ok with this then i give u...meanwhile i shall PM u 2 other ID which some say good.

@sammijie ... where is the thread about the kitchen counter top light? I can not remember already.

Anyway, I post some pictures in my t-blog.

Can not upload so many pics here ;)

yeah, I'm pretty lucky to get a good MIL. she's very easy going and good tempered. we go out together ppl always mistaken us as mother and daughter.

Yay! Mine too! Mine too! :yamseng:

In fact both my PIL treat me overly well i feel...

everytime i go up surely will cook some rendang or lontong or briyani..*yum*yum* :sport-smiley-018:

although in some ways i feel its not good for them to show me with so much love and care on me and wife... :o

coz my wife said her 3 braders abit sian and unhappy my FIL always compare me to them... :help:

haiz...too much of a good thing also no good leh...can breed unhappines to others... :(

@sammijie ... where is the thread about the kitchen counter top light? I can not remember already.

Anyway, I post some pictures in my t-blog.

Can not upload so many pics here ;)

wah...Samy Jie...looks like the name stuck on u liao...now Ngunadi also call u Samy jie...

wahahaha... :sport-smiley-003:

Ngunadi, just up the pics or the link to the post in ur blog here la...easy access for all mah...am sure Samy jie wun mind... :thumbs up:

everyone's thread moving so fast so hard to catch up leh.....