Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

ya...if given a choice, i'll choose higher...look at the availability now..there're units that are so high...but when it was my turn then to select in Yr 2005, i saw nil... !@#$%^&*()

same...no more high floor 90sqm when it's our turn...and i didn't wanna gave up after we got a **** out from hdb...apply first time successful but project kena cancelled, apply punggol no queue num...apply tpy, queue number very big...hubby didn't want low floors because he's staying low enough currently...and given that fact that we didn't wanna burst our pockets, we chose a 75sqm...now, to compensate for the size, reno nicer lor...hahaha...

i also saw some units that i shortlisted but was selected when it's my turn...so fed up leh...everyday i got so upset canceling my shortlisted units and now it's available with a massive increase in price...

hubby said it's fate lah...... ;)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
same...no more high floor 90sqm when it's our turn...and i didn't wanna gave up after we got a **** out from hdb...apply first time successful but project kena cancelled, apply punggol no queue num...apply tpy, queue number very big...hubby didn't want low floors because he's staying low enough currently...and given that fact that we didn't wanna burst our pockets, we chose a 75sqm...now, to compensate for the size, reno nicer lor...hahaha...

i also saw some units that i shortlisted but was selected when it's my turn...so fed up leh...everyday i got so upset canceling my shortlisted units and now it's available with a massive increase in price...

hubby said it's fate lah...... zz

hmmm... maybe that time the units were selected but probably ppl who chose those units gave up after re-consideration... thus now become available...

well... ur hubby's right. all are fated one lah... dun think too much and be happy with what we have ba... :)

erm, jacky...u seem to keep commenting on the differences of 90sqm and 75aqm hor...

hdb used blk c maybe because it has both 5 rm and 4 rm and it's the first blk that is ready??? even if they used a real 75sqm unit as a sample unit, i can tell you the application for the balloting exercise will still rise like crazy...

btw, if it's a house that cost a bomb, i'm sure people will do their homework...they will know how small a 75sqm is after viewing the 90sqm...i don't think they will forget about that since they will be paying a hefty price...

i know yours is a 90sqm unit and congrats to you being able to have your desired unit...

please just remember there are people out there who don't have much of a choice...

and i'm one of those who rather have a high floor 75sqm rather than a low floor 90sqm......

:P

jacky... seems like u need to be careful with ur words... we are all neighbours and hope u wun go ard "hurting" ppl with ur comments. :deal:

hi euph0bear...just to let u know that the pics in ur blog brought back many beautiful and missed memories! i've almost forgotten how the fountain looks like...and i didn't know it looked that big! :deal::Pzz

i miss the old interchange...a place i'll always walk through to get to the mrt station to go to school... *sniff*

Yeah, the photos are very retro. Good job on the blog. Brought back fond memories.

I still remember going to Toa Payoh park with my folks to take pictures when i was 2 or 3 years old. :)

Still remembered the old hawker centre at the interchange. Very small and hot. Dreaded going there everytime i took a bus with my mum :)

hubby said it's fate lah...... :)

Haha... I understand how you felt. I went thru the same thing. Cannot sleep the few days before selecting flat. All my choice units gone :(

Looking on the brighter side of things, we are lucky to get a Home here at Toa Payoh. Being so central and well served. And it's so near to Orchard. My favorite hang out place :)

Cool!:P:deal:

We just called HDB and found out that our loan's not been approved yet. Think staff on leave etc.. zz

I also got mine in 2005, hopefully getting keys soon. Have you got your contractor?

I haven't meet up with any ID yet but I've already shortlisted quite a few of them in Toa Payoh (I'm lazy to go elsewhere to source :) ).

Surprisingly, there are 5 ID in central area and another 5+ in Toa Payoh. So I'm gotta go there 1 by 1 to see how.

erm, jacky...u seem to keep commenting on the differences of 90sqm and 75aqm hor...

My english only GCE 'O' level, somemore failed. if u dunoe how 2 read, i olso canot help u. zz

hdb used blk c maybe because it has both 5 rm and 4 rm and it's the first blk that is ready??? even if they used a real 75sqm unit as a sample unit, i can tell you the application for the balloting exercise will still rise like crazy...

I dun work in hdb, so i dunoe y they use blk C as sample units. If e sample unit is 75sqm instead of 90sqm, u can predict e nos. of applications wil b as many as current?

Wow. U r great. Can give mi TOTO or 4D nos. i wan go buy big big liao. Huat ahh. :)

btw, if it's a house that cost a bomb, i'm sure people will do their homework...they will know how small a 75sqm is after viewing the 90sqm...i don't think they will forget about that since they will be paying a hefty price...

I happened to speak to 3 families (with kids, young & adults) who had submitted their applications on e 1st day of BE Feb08 launch.

Gues wat i found out? They told mi, they dunoe e majority of e available units r 75sqm. They jus wan 2 get a unit in 79, by hook or by crook. If end of day, only 75sqm units r availbale for them, they'l decide then. Basically, they hav a choice. :)

i know yours is a 90sqm unit and congrats to you being able to have your desired unit...

How u noe mine is a 90sqm unit? u monitoring wher my unit? Btw, my selected unit is not my desire unit lei. :(

please just remember there are people out there who don't have much of a choice...

Thks 4 reminding. i'l remember dat. Esp urs loh. :)

and i'm one of those who rather have a high floor 75sqm rather than a low floor 90sqm......

U managed to get a high floor unit? Wow. i felt happy for u.

But i'm even happier after noing dat my 90sqm unit is much bigger than e 75sqm. :)

:)

jacky... seems like u need to be careful with ur words... we are all neighbours and hope u wun go ard "hurting" ppl with ur comments. :P

i hurt who? U? My words is plain english, u olso thought i refering 2 u?

By writing my views out in a forum, never mention name, stating e possiblities & facts, is wrong?

like dat, u olso not careful lei, i'v been hurt liao.

:(

Mayb i'm old liao, dun understand ->

Dun like wat i write, stil got ppl wan 2 read.

Read, nebermind, stil wan quote & reply.

Quote & reply, nebermind, stil wan comment i m wrong.

Comment i m wrong, nebermind, stil wan command mi not 2 express my views to hurt others. :)

Wonder after writing so long, stil got ppl wan 2 quote & reply anot?

:deal:

Regardless or race, language, religion and sqm, we are all Blk 79 tpyians!:sport-smiley-004::D

I'm proud to be a blk 79 tpyian! Cheers everyone!

Edited by soudezne

I believe jaCKY has no intention of demeaning the 75sqm units per se... I can see where he's coming from cos I have the same feeling and feedback as well when I went to kaypoh the sample units the other day.

HDB is not being very transparent with its potential customers... first, the majority of available 4-room units are of 75sqm. By displaying a 90sqm sample unit, it only shows the unethical "hidden agenda" practice of the HDB. Were there no vacant 75sqm sample units available to show? Why couldn't they have sample units for all the 4 & 5 room flats?

I've met 2 couples during my visit to the sample units, and both had no idea there are 2 sizes for the 4 rooms in Blk 79, 90sqm and 75sqm. They assumed that all the 4 rooms and 5 rooms are of the same size as the sample units shown. This goes to show that not many will scrutinise the floor plans and specs given by the HDB or on the HDB website. Hopefully, they will find out that the 4 room 90sqm sample they saw is quite different from the 4 room they are getting, if they are getting the 75sqm units.

I've questioned the HDB officers on site and they had the cheek to tell me the 75sqm units will not be shown to the public. You will get to see the floor plan only if you're selected after successful balloting.. or alternatively, you can view the showflat samples over at HBD Hub. But we all know that there is no 75sqm showflat in HDB Hub.

On the other hand, I've personally seen a 75sqm unit... and it's not as small as it seems. The living room and kitchen are slightly smaller and more compact. The MBR seems to be of similar size as the other bedrooms. In fact, the kitchen looks visually bigger than the kitchen of the 5 room sample unit... but I may be wrong.

To conclude... it's all about transparency, something which the HDB and our first world government do not seem to have much of...

Edited by meepok

To conclude... it's all about transparency, something which the HDB and our first world government do not seem to have much of...

but most still vote for the current goverment..

I believe jaCKY has no intention of demeaning the 75sqm units per se... I can see where he's coming from cos I have the same feeling and feedback as well when I went to kaypoh the sample units the other day.

HDB is not being very transparent with its potential customers... first, the majority of available 4-room units are of 75sqm. By displaying a 90sqm sample unit, it only shows the unethical "hidden agenda" practice of the HDB. Were there no vacant 75sqm sample units available to show? Why couldn't they have sample units for all the 4 & 5 room flats?

I've met 2 couples during my visit to the sample units, and both had no idea there are 2 sizes for the 4 rooms in Blk 79, 90sqm and 75sqm. They assumed that all the 4 rooms and 5 rooms are of the same size as the sample units shown. This goes to show that not many will scrutinise the floor plans and specs given by the HDB or on the HDB website. Hopefully, they will find out that the 4 room 90sqm sample they saw is quite different from the 4 room they are getting, if they are getting the 75sqm units.

I've questioned the HDB officers on site and they had the cheek to tell me the 75sqm units will not be shown to the public. You will get to see the floor plan only if you're selected after successful balloting.. or alternatively, you can view the showflat samples over at HBD Hub. But we all know that there is no 75sqm showflat in HDB Hub.

On the other hand, I've personally seen a 75sqm unit... and it's not as small as it seems. The living room and kitchen are slightly smaller and more compact. The MBR seems to be of similar size as the other bedrooms. In fact, the kitchen looks visually bigger than the kitchen of the 5 room sample unit... but I may be wrong.

hi meepok, i agree exactly on what u say too :sport-smiley-004:

tats what i thought when i am reading this thread (how come now 4rooms got 2sizes-75and90sqm). Last time where got like that...i am sure quite alot of pple will be misleaded from the sample unit

anyway, toa payoh is a dream location for most sporeans, be it 75 or 90sqm, its toa payoh lehh.

but most still vote for the current goverment..

this is called "brainwashing"... they have already instilled "fear" into many a Singaporeans... the fear of voting against them... the fear of finding out who you voted... the fear that Singapore will collapse without them...

the recent budget announcement... many "ang pows" given out... many will be happy... but do they know it's actually their money after all??

last year they said there was a deficit in the Budget... but this year *surprise* they had a surplus instead!! Wow! How did that happen? GST? I thought that was meant to "help the poor"??

Transparency in our government? :dancingqueen:

Edited by meepok

Hi I just joined the forum today! didnt know that there is such an active forum for 79ians already. I will be starting renovations tomorrow and will be staying at Blk 79B.

Just to ask you all something. Can i still submit the defects list on the same day as the day when my renovation commences? I totally forgot to check for defects after key collection till i read the forum today :dancingqueen:

am worried now that they may change the defects for me. help!! :dunno:

Nice to meet you all! :)

hi meepok, i agree exactly on what u say too :dancingqueen:

tats what i thought when i am reading this thread (how come now 4rooms got 2sizes-75and90sqm). Last time where got like that...i am sure quite alot of pple will be misleaded from the sample unit

anyway, toa payoh is a dream location for most sporeans, be it 75 or 90sqm, its toa payoh lehh.

Hi Yang Guo,

I'm glad you had a better understanding of the flats in 79... we just want people to be more informed of their choices, that's all. No other intentions...

Yes, TPY is quite a dream location for many... and for me, it's like coming full circle... as I was born and raised in TPY... was abit sad to see the big water fountain infront of the library demolished though... and TPY garden has seen better days... used to be a hot location for many a wedding shoots!... and of cos, the old 79 had plenty of character too.

hahaha...

to the someone who quoted me and replied in red, you are 1 very amusing person...

and yes, i'm not gonna quote and reply you anymore...i got better things to do...

anyway, need to thank the wonderful people whom showed us your units last night...you know who you are lah...appreciate all your helpful advice alot... :dancingqueen:

maybe we'll be able to go makan and gossip with you people real soon huh.... :dunno:

I agree with meepok. Coz when I mentioned this to 4 groups of people (of which 3 groups are strangers at blk 79), they had absolutely no idea that most of the units available are 75sqm. They assumed the 4rm showflat is a real sample of all the available units in blk 79. (was so tempted to say "Aiyo...read carefully laaah":yamseng:)

Like many of us back in 2005, they were interested to know "the difference btw a 75 and90 sqm". I described to them exactly how meepok described it. Also informed them that some residents have moved into 75 sqm units in Blk 79E. If they are interested, can try their luck with them.

Back then, we had very little info and had to make do with what we had before we make our selections (which wasnt very much for most of us). But now that 75sqm units are ready and available for viewing, these people can actually view these units to allay their worries and to make informed choices. Why is HDB denying them this? This is soo baffling!

Actually you can't totally blame HDB. From HDB website, you could see that the remaining no. of flats are mostly 75m². The people before applying the flats should have known this info before applying as it was published online when the exercise started thus HDB's transparency.

Now why HDB only showcase 90m² flats instead of their counterparts, I'm sure everyone is as puzzled as me. Perhaps to fool the applicants or perhaps HDB is just lazy to open up the 75m² flats (think more paperworks). :dunno:

But true enough, be it 75m² or 90m², the main thing is that the flats are in Toa Payoh and everyone would surely chiong for it.