Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bethel

Toa Payoh Blk 79 Kakis

Mrs Png, your aircon from Hong Liang. How much is the system + installation?

Btw, your quote include electrical work?

Hi vowsh,

My aircon cost $1980, and include 2 trips...my quote doe not include electrical works... :help:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Dear All

The sky garden has offically opened! (The gates were taken down already). Was thinking of a gathering for forummers of Blk 79 since most of us have either: taken keys, started reno/ moved in.

I'm suggesting next Sunday (16 March 2008) at 5pm @ the skygarden. It will be a potluck, like wat we did when we met for the 1st time. Then we'll finally get to meet each other and can exchange ideas face to face! What do you guys think? (^_^)

Anyways, interested parties:

1) zanie98: Bringing packet drinks

2) jaCKY777 : Old Chang Kee curry puff & others - min. 1 each for final confirm attendance

(mi wil confirm again near date, scared got work appt) :notti:

(Pls add on to the list......)

(^_^)

Hi Neighbours,

For carpentry work, is there any cost guideline or average costing ($x pfr) to design, fabricate & install

1) kitchen cabinet (think I saw someone mentioning ~$120 pfr);

2) bedroom wardrobe;

3) feature wall to hide bomb shelter;

4) tv console??

Or rather is a lump cost stated by the IDs. Care for share?? Thanks.

Hi Zincy,

I got mine at :

1) kitchen cabinet ; $95 pfr (laminated + ABS)

2) bedroom wardrobe; $160 pfr

3) feature wall to hide bomb shelter; $1550 lump sum (c/w shelves + mirror)

4) tv console?? $150 pfr (c/w cabinet)

You can always check ST Classified section 108 & 114 for reference.

Hope the info helps.

!!

Edited by rachel79

Hi Zincy,

I got mine at :

1) kitchen cabinet ; $95 pfr (laminated + ABS)

2) bedroom wardrobe; $160 pfr

3) feature wall to hide bomb shelter; $1550 lump sum (c/w shelves + mirror)

4) tv console?? $150 pfr (c/w cabinet)

You can always check ST Classified section 108 & 114 for reference.

Hope the info helps.

!!

Hey rachel79,

- is e worktop included in e kitchen cabinet pricing?

- wat is e internal material of e wardrobe?

- ur quote of $95 pfr for kit cabinet, $160 pfr for wardrode, seems 2 b a gd bargain. Tot u ngage ID, rite?

:dunno:

Finally signed up with *spam* (*** Design) on 5th Mar, hope that my choice is correct.

So far, everything seems in schedule. :notti:

They had shifted the sand, cement and tiles up on Friday.

Laying of floor area should be able to start on Monday.

Quite impress with their service so far.

On-site final quote on Tue and later same day tile choosing in Balestier Road.

As I can't make up my mind on which tiles, then my ID help in asking samples from 2 shops to bring back.

After testing the samples with maker pen and coffee stains, I had my name signed on the dotted line on Wed.

Then my ID told us he will schedule sand and tiles to be up on Fri so that laying can start on Mon.

At first I don't buy his words but after checking my flat on Sat afternoon,

well quite true I saw the sand, cements and tiles laying in my flat.

And so far only 10% payment was paid. :notti:

That is what I call service. !!

Let hope everything will go on smoothly as planned.

Hey rachel79,

- is e worktop included in e kitchen cabinet pricing?

- wat is e internal material of e wardrobe?

- ur quote of $95 pfr for kit cabinet, $160 pfr for wardrode, seems 2 b a gd bargain. Tot u ngage ID, rite?

!!

Hi Jacky777

Kitchen top solid surface was quoted at $65 pfr.

Internal material of wardrobe was not discussed, so not sure abt material use.

Yes just signed with *spam*.

Hi all,

Got a quote for the following LCD TVs... are the quotes a good deal?

1) SONY Bravia KLV-40X300A at $4,199 (w/o the free 20" LCD TV), with the usual $500 choice vouchers + $300 NTUC vouchers (1-year expiry) + $500 SONY Ericsson vouchers (expiry 31 Mar 2008)

2) Samsun 40F81BDX (the one with iDTV) at $4,399, with the usual options for the free gifts.

Which TV is better, in terms of the quality and specs? !!

i'm not an expert in this area but what i know is sony is using samsung panel but sony's selling point is its bravia engine...for sony, you pay for the brand...but i must say the bravia engine is solid lah...

for samsung, they do alot of marketing...what i heard from my friends is that samsung's prices are usually marked up quite high perhaps due to the high marketing and lots of free gifts etc...

i guess if you got the $$$ to buy a sony, you might as well buy a samsung since they using same panel and it's cheaper for a model with similar specs...

but for the idTV, it's the one with built-in HD box rite??? what if the HD box spoil??? and actually, do you need a HD box??? if you subscribe cable tv or mio tv, they also have HD box...but if you wanna watch free to air channels, you don't have a lot of choices too...

i also having headache of which tv to buy.... :dunno:

Hi all,

Got a quote for the following LCD TVs... are the quotes a good deal?

1) SONY Bravia KLV-40X300A at $4,199 (w/o the free 20" LCD TV), with the usual $500 choice vouchers + $300 NTUC vouchers (1-year expiry) + $500 SONY Ericsson vouchers (expiry 31 Mar 2008)

2) Samsun 40F81BDX (the one with iDTV) at $4,399, with the usual options for the free gifts.

Which TV is better, in terms of the quality and specs? 8|

Pardon my kpo-ness. Is it worth to spend so much on a TV when the Full HD signal will take about another 2 yrs to implement.

FYI - the new technology for LCD TV is coming out. It's known as OLED. Take a look at the link.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/oled.htm

But if u can affort, by all means pamper urself

Hey tris28,

i neber heard or cum across anything abt dis co. :(

But a check on e hdb webby, they r hdb licensed contractor >5yrs liao. 8|

Pardon mi kpo ->

- Wat scale of reno u r lookin at?

- Wat type of design u r lookin at?

- Wat type of pricing u r lookin at?

- Wat type of service u r lookin at?

If u can ans my above 4 qns, i may b able 2 recomend some ID companies or Contractors to meet ur requirements.

If u dun wana reveal much in e forum & if u trust my suggestions & infos, u can olso PM mi.

My suggestions & infos r free. 8|

u can

- accept my suggestions & infos,

- evaluate,

- decide,

- then take actions. :(

If u think i'm kpo, can ignore my post. 8|

8|

Hi Jacky

Thanks! Basically, we should be looking at the following:

- Flooring for rooms and living room

- Build in cabinet over bomb shelter for shoes and umbrella

- A feature wall for TV

- Build in wardrobe for MBR and BR 1

- False celling with lights and celling fan for living room

- Kitchen cabinets, sink

- Shower screen for 2 toilets

- Build in cabinets/vanity top at MBR toilet

- Aircon for 3 rooms

Above can do for a budget of $22k? I'm fine with contractor or ID as long as they can provide good and practical suggestions.

Another question, do we need to register or activate the water, gas and electricty with SP on the day we collect our keys? Can do it another day?? Thanks!

Hi vowsh,

My aircon cost $1980, and include 2 trips...my quote doe not include electrical works... 8|

Your aircon is cheap for starmex, I presume is R410A.

So I guess u need to add another 1k plus for the electric work.

Hi Guys,

Just an update as promised on the 13 hollow tiles.

My wife and I basically just told our ID we don't buy his reasons :dunno: ,in the end he got his tilers back to look at the situation.... finally for 12 of the spots they added concrete strengthener through the grooves as the hollow parts are near the sides of the tiles, and for one tile, it was so jialat they were forced to hack the whole tile out and replace it. Well, at least my ID was responsible enough to do something about the tiles.

So with the rectification of the tiles, my wife and I decided that it was ok to give him the final installment.... so we paid, and we moved in!

All in all, quite happy with the workmanship of our new home. A small report-card on our ID:

Carpentry and granite top - Excellent (A) - Good finishing! :dunno:

Tiling - Above average (B) - not really totally flat, still found quite a few edges of tiles felt as you slide your feet across (yes i know homo tiles cannot be COMPLETELY flat, but still, the number found is relatively high); found hollow tiles last minute which he was willing to rectify, but created quite a headache in terms of time-planning and cleaning - would have been better if they had done it right the first time. 8|

Quality of materials used - Good (B+) - Tiles, wood, finishing and other items used "looks" to be of good quality - must still wait for the test of time to confirm. 8|

Space planning - Good (B+) - The only ID out of the 3 we asked who is willing and can design our kitchen to fit a dining table within, as well as a study area plus built-in wardrobe within our small MBR (no hacking), without any suggestions from us on how to do it. 8|

Design - Above average (B) - in terms of aesthetics and practicality, though needed some prompting from us. :(

Service - Above average (B) - friendly, professional in handling issues. managed to plan timing well to finish and handover ahead of our tight target date, despite spanning across CNY period and having the "hollow tile" issue. :dunno: however sometimes forgetful, and does not show enough initiative in certain aspects. :bleah:

Price - Average ( C ) - On the high side, must negotiate :) to medium high. But gives relatively good quality for the buck. Not for those who go for budget without looking at quality.

Of course, these are totally our own views. All in all, my ID is recommended if you are sure of what you want as you have to be firm at times. As well, look for them if you want quality stuff - they are a SUPERBRAND after all. PM me if you would like more details about my ID and his company.

8|

Ptro

Hey Jacky and Vowsh,

Thanks for your advice! My ID has promised me to go take a look first. My wife also is hunting him down. :good:

Yup I will be banking on the fact that he comes from a reputable company that he will do something responsible... else.. well... you know this forum is a "free advertising company" for whoever is good or bad! :)

:(

Ptro

QUOTE(zanie98 @ Mar 9 2008, 04:07 PM)

Dear All

The sky garden has offically opened! (The gates were taken down already). Was thinking of a gathering for forummers of Blk 79 since most of us have either: taken keys, started reno/ moved in.

I'm suggesting next Sunday (16 March 2008) at 5pm @ the skygarden. It will be a potluck, like wat we did when we met for the 1st time. Then we'll finally get to meet each other and can exchange ideas face to face! What do you guys think? (^_^)

Anyways, interested parties:

1) zanie98: Bringing packet drinks

2) jaCKY777 : Old Chang Kee curry puff & others - min. 1 each for final confirm attendance

(mi wil confirm again near date, scared got work appt)

3) Gadgetman : Tiong Bahru Paos from TPY Central :P

(Pls add on to the list......)

(^_^)

Space planning - Good (B+) - The only ID out of the 3 we asked who is willing and can design our kitchen to fit a dining table within, as well as a study area plus built-in wardrobe within our small MBR (no hacking), without any suggestions from us on how to do it. :sport-smiley-018:

Ptro

Hi Ptro,

my dining table also in the kitchen.

can share how long is yr kitchen cabinet?

if possible, can post a pic here - if not convenience, can pm the pic to me. :notti:

thanks.

Hi all,

Just trying my luck here.

Anyone has any big empty boxes that you going to give or throw away?? If you have, please PM me and I will gladly come and collect from you, as I need it for moving my stuffs.

Thank you very much.

Hi coco,

I take the package at 10888, u may see from their website... additional tops up are built-in wardrobe for 2 rooms, $1100x2, vanity top plus box up mirror with china granite top, ~$1900, Feature wall plus shoe cabinet, $~1600, window grills,$850, suspended tv console , $780, kitchen top change to china granite, cant remember how much... hee... i think it's abt all, cant remember the details... hee... total cost is abt 24k...

wad abt urs?

Hi Yeoman,

Wow, ur reno quote is 47k? :deal: are u doing a lot of capentry ? guess ur reno must be very chio... hee.... must invite us to housewarming to look see look see ....

Hi Mrs Png,

I hope the effect will turn out nice.. think i'm one of the few who spent so much

on reno.. Hope i didnt get "carrot head".. my wife quite fussy hence almost all

the furnitures are custom made.

Some of the more expensive items excluding kitchen cabinets are :

- full ht shoe cabinet w feature wall (10ft),

- living room tv featurewall and cabinet,

-display cabinets,

-WIW (pole system).

-overlay mbr toilet wall/flr tiles,

-raised platform at study,

- full ht tv feature wall/cabinet @ mbr,

- cushion seettee w storage @ mbr,

- shelvings @ study,

- full ht dresser cabinet.

If you are wondering why our mbr is so big, we intend to hack the

walls and combine bedrm2 with mbr. will have many lighting pts too

and estimated cost for electrical works - 2.5k - 3k... :dunno:

Hope there will be no more adjustments as my wife chosen a blink

blink border for the toilet wall tiles and this involve additional cost..

sure no prob, will invite neighbors to have a look once its done up..

Think works will start this week. excited.. :dunno: