Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

it will be used by hb as office..weather very hot nowadays, everywhere also need aircon. hb said if he could, he would put one in the kitchen too...lol.. :lol:

We wished for our toilet to be air conditioned too. :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Same here, no air con for me. Once during my pregnancy, it was rather hot so turn on air con but in the end, cant fall asleep. Switched off air con then managed to fall asleep.

Haha.. I a bit similar to yr hubby.. On fan also can cover blanket.. :P

Heh.. me too! These few days weather kinda cool, so don't even switch on fan.. just open 1 window 2 inches and cover blanket..

Same here, no air con for me. Once during my pregnancy, it was rather hot so turn on air con but in the end, cant fall asleep. Switched off air con then managed to fall asleep.

the only time my hubby allowed me to on aircon continously every nite was during my pregnancy cos i was feeling so hot and couldn't sleep n in the end he could not sleep too cos i toss n turn until he buay tahan. then he gave in n burrow deep deep into the blanket. :lol:

We wished for our toilet to be air conditioned too. :D

wah if toilet also aircon i think i will not step out of shower liao.

one step out shiver 2 times, two step out shiver 4 times then 3 steps back in! :D

Don't want to be "superstar" :D ....limited myself to 4 projects per mth and soon will be 2 projects per mth. No point taking so many and can't delivery on the standard and quality of work.

Wah...this sounds to me you want to enjoy more on your "personal" life or what we called early retirement by taking less projects per month....lol....

Like this no good leh...maybe open a reno consultancy firm....do only consultant jobs....lol....

Saturday was a busy and fruitful one:

- Aircon installation by Creation Air

- Delivery of WC, kitchen sink and wash basin by GR Link

- Carpentry measurements taken

- All debris cleared

Firstly, here are some photos updates on the reno:

c.jpg

Citygas water heater installed some time ago.

We're lucky it fits nicely out of sight, behind the rubbish chute wall.

a.jpg

Tiling completed and holes drilled in preparation for mixer installation

b.jpg

The cutout for the bathroom cabinet

Aircon Installation by Creation Air
Installers were on time and were waiting for us when we arrived.
Hb told them how we wanted the utility to be done
and further discussions on the holes that will be opened and the route of the trunking etc.

1.jpg
The trunking, insulation, fan coil units waiting to go up...

2.jpg
One of the installers putting up the unit in the living room.
Trunking for this unit is through the common room wall so not visible in the hall.

3.jpg
Steel bracket installed outside the window of our MBR.

9.jpg
We were a little disappointed that the grey PVC water pipe
had to run along the tub instead of along the walls
since it would prevent the toilet door from being opened inwards.
PM told us previously that we should run it along the walls
but failed to ensure that the curb at the doorway
was high enough for the pipe to run through.
Have to paint this pipe white to make it not stand out so much. :curse:

How the Utility Room Aircon was Installed

4.jpg
The unit installed above the utility room door

5.jpg
Gas trunking goes out on the left side...

8.jpg
And into the bathroom

6.jpg
The water piping goes out on the right side...

7.jpg
And down to the floor trap in the service yard
Edited by lilithfiend

Complaints & Grievances

#1 - Looks like..... smells like......

We had to leave at about 5pm and left the aircon installers to finish up the work. When we left, the house had 3 aircon installers and 3 workers who came to clear the debris. Not sure who left last, but when we returned to the house to check later at night, we saw this:

12.jpg

13.jpg

Coffeeshop is just downstairs. Why, why, why?? At two different spots somemore - does it mean two different guys?

Hb and I went up again last night to Dettolize the floor. :furious:

#2 - Trunking not done properly

Spotted these in our MBR:

10.jpg

11.jpg

Did they do these parts in the dark or what?

Have called Creation this morning and sent them an email with these pictures too.

the air con works at the utility seems like a big project... :)

will there be a gap at the door area? part of the air con is like below the door frame...

i saw your window in the living room...is it done already? the pull up kind?

the air con works at the utility seems like a big project... :)

will there be a gap at the door area? part of the air con is like below the door frame...

i saw your window in the living room...is it done already? the pull up kind?

hey gimz, yep the aircon is installed partially below the door frame to allow the trunking to run out. we'll be getting our plasterer to box up that section. We'll also be installing a shorter door. No way around it cos we didn't wanna shell out more to hack the door frame, replace it with a shorter one and putting up hollow blocks above the new door frame.

the windows in the living & common room have been changed, but they are done wrongly as 1 panel instead of 2. super heavy to lift up which renders it useless. the replacements are supposed to go up this week. PM says this is the first time they're doing such windows so there was a communication error. hopefully, this time there will be no screw-ups..

hey gimz, yep the aircon is installed partially below the door frame to allow the trunking to run out. we'll be getting our plasterer to box up that section. We'll also be installing a shorter door. No way around it cos we didn't wanna shell out more to hack the door frame, replace it with a shorter one and putting up hollow blocks above the new door frame.

the windows in the living & common room have been changed, but they are done wrongly as 1 panel instead of 2. super heavy to lift up which renders it useless. the replacements are supposed to go up this week. PM says this is the first time they're doing such windows so there was a communication error. hopefully, this time there will be no screw-ups..

Hi Lilithfiend, waw...the contractor from creation is so poor in working attitude ah...oh no....I engage them too! :dribbl

I will make sure that they are careful but who can tell when we turn our back...aiyah..yah....

Renovation work is really 'san noa zhin' lor. :bangwall:

Hi Lilithfiend, waw...the contractor from creation is so poor in working attitude ah...oh no....I engage them too! :dribbl

I will make sure that they are careful but who can tell when we turn our back...aiyah..yah....

Renovation work is really 'san noa zhin' lor. :bangwall:

hi pcomaster, depends on the installers you get la..maybe yours will be better? anyway, creation have agreed to come down and rectify the trunking..we will have to be there for this. now trying to get them to do it this saturday...

one more thing i left out, we couldn't test the aircon after it was installed cos electricity kept tripping. no idea why..jaskel said he would go down and have a look today. the installers probably didn't even test it otherwise they would have told us that the electricity trips! argh.

wah, they like this dirty ur toilet! :angry:

ya, aircon, we must make sure we around so they will not do a sloppy work.