Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

hey jaskel...haha burn out from WC so lazy/tired to update. Can your electrician come in on Monday to do the remaining works? We'll be going up to the house tmr to mark out all the lightings for you..pls confirm, thanks..

btw, still haven't managed to find that "rod" thing for my common rm light..must try to hunt for it tmr liao.. :unsure:

Aiyo...u now then said a bit hard to arrange...what is your TV console height?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Aiyo...u now then said a bit hard to arrange...what is your TV console height?

:P paiseh..if monday cannot, tuesday also can la..

er tv console we haven't buy. can we just do something standard like 40cm?

:P paiseh..if monday cannot, tuesday also can la..

er tv console we haven't buy. can we just do something standard like 40cm?

Standard is like 85cm...or u want it lower like 30cm....standard for all your powerpoint.

okie hb measure liao..pls make it 2 feet from ground. thanks!

Hi hi Lilithfiend, have not seen the followup of your renovation lately! Must be busy hor?

I'm about to start mine journey liao. Manage to confirm an ID/Contractor this week. Applying permit and waiting for his 3D drawings. Hope to start liao coz already pending for so long....must quickly stop paying my rental lor..quick quick quick. :P

okie hb measure liao..pls make it 2 feet from ground. thanks!

ok...does this include the clearance for your TV plug/cable also?

Hi hi Lilithfiend, have not seen the followup of your renovation lately! Must be busy hor?

I'm about to start mine journey liao. Manage to confirm an ID/Contractor this week. Applying permit and waiting for his 3D drawings. Hope to start liao coz already pending for so long....must quickly stop paying my rental lor..quick quick quick. :P

hey pcomaster, haven't been updating much cos have just been waiting for things to move along. congrats on confirming your contractor! you must be getting v.excited! do update your blog with pics when reno starts..

ok...does this include the clearance for your TV plug/cable also?

i emailed you to answer this question plus others.. :D pls check, thanks!

Reno Day 84

Painting was completed in a record two days. They worked till 3-4am to finish it in time for the carpentry. We're happy with the paint works, overall quite well done (especially considering they painted in the dark with only one tube light). They will be coming back again to do one more round of touch-ups. My painter was recommended by someone on a local bridal forum. We paid $900 to paint the whole place, inclusive of paints (a mixture of Dulux & Nippon) and a coat of sealer.

Carpentry also up however the laminates were mixed up (kitchen laminate on the bathroom cabinet and vice versa) plus some drawers/shelves missing plus some dimensions were off so they'll be taking one more week to rectify.

First round of acid wash also done, the place now looks less dusty and powdery.

The place is starting to shape up and we can finally start seeing our imagination brought to life!

1.jpg

False ceiling & false wall painted. That's the old utility room door waiting to be thrown away.

2.jpg

The wall where our TV will be at.

3.jpg

New room door, we love the contrast of the white frame against the green. Hb's idea.. :thumbs up:

4.jpg

One wall of the common room painted same shade of green. Rest in greige (grey-beige).

5.jpg

Kitchen cabinets up but in wrong laminate. To be changed.

Edited by lilithfiend

6.jpg
Box up of big momma pipe painted.

7.jpg
Service yard. S/steel & copper pipes all painted over.

8.jpg
Bathroom glass door installed. Ceilings & beams painted.

9.jpg
Where the WC will be installed. Pipe & walls all painted.

10.jpg
Box up done and painted for utility room aircon.

2.jpg

The wall where our TV will be at.

Looking good! just a thot, must be careful that aircon doesn't leak, especially since its directly above the TV.

hey pcomaster, haven't been updating much cos have just been waiting for things to move along. congrats on confirming your contractor! you must be getting v.excited! do update your blog with pics when reno starts..

Thanks thanks Lilithfiend, in fact the hacking work will start this wednesday. Yea, very excited and look forward for the completion of the renovation liao...ha ha :P

Waw your house swee swee liao. I love your floor and the color scheme and your bathroom!

i emailed you to answer this question plus others.. :D pls check, thanks!

Looking good! just a thot, must be careful that aircon doesn't leak, especially since its directly above the TV.

can just put a wall-mount shelf between aircon and tv, eg LACK from ikea.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60103750

60207_PE166211_S3.jpg

Product dimensions

Length: 74 3/4 "

Depth: 10 1/4 "

Thickness: 2 "

Length: 190 cm

Depth: 26 cm

Thickness: 5 cm

I :wub::wub: the doors! They look so country like! Good job esp at the cost. Good thing you outsource too.

:horse::fire: your ID for the carpentry. Duh.. Like tat also ca mix up.