Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

the first round of cleaning is done by the contractor, not by us..our cleaning starts after HO i guess..not looking forward to that part! lol..

like that you must use alot of those wipes right? they're pricey! :P

haha, cos mine more like DIY reno, tt's y no cleaning included. i go buy the $1 pack from Sheng Siong. Daiso also got. so still alright la. hehe. its good also for picking up hair & in future, my doggies' fur. think next time i'll have a cupboard full of magic wipe refills. :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
yep, only 16 days away..hopefully can keep within that timeline..

the first round of cleaning is done by the contractor, not by us..our cleaning starts after HO i guess..not looking forward to that part! lol..

like that you must use alot of those wipes right? they're pricey! :P

Good good! At least you can start planing and move in before 7th month!!!

Oh the wipes comes in OEM version which is not too bad but need to use 2 sheets in stead of 1 to achieve the same dust wipe, but **** cheap. They have the wet oem version which works pretty okie to take surface dusting. If your place is very dusty, You can use the wet oem version to clean the walls and dry for cupboards to clean up as much dust as possible. Then use the original magic clean wipes to do the final cleaning.

haha, cos mine more like DIY reno, tt's y no cleaning included. i go buy the $1 pack from Sheng Siong. Daiso also got. so still alright la. hehe. its good also for picking up hair & in future, my doggies' fur. think next time i'll have a cupboard full of magic wipe refills. :P

Oh the wipes comes in OEM version which is not too bad but need to use 2 sheets in stead of 1 to achieve the same dust wipe, but **** cheap. They have the wet oem version which works pretty okie to take surface dusting. If your place is very dusty, You can use the wet oem version to clean the walls and dry for cupboards to clean up as much dust as possible. Then use the original magic clean wipes to do the final cleaning.

yea i used the imitation ones before..but always feel not as good as the real thing. but i suppose for large-scale usage, cannot hiam la since the original one is so pricey..do you guys magic clean the ceilings too?

the original ones can buy where huh? until now i still haven't see. or is it cos i only been going to neighbourhood shops and sheng siong.

yea i used the imitation ones before..but always feel not as good as the real thing. but i suppose for large-scale usage, cannot hiam la since the original one is so pricey..do you guys magic clean the ceilings too?
i haven't tried yet, but planning to. err, see if i can reach the ceiling or not, if cannot, then it becomes the hubby's job. :sport-smiley-004:

It's progressing well, i think :D . We finally have a targeted handover date: 28 July.

We changed our project manager last week..the previous one was disappointing. Our new PM is more zhai and we feel more at ease, no need to think so much about every nook and cranny of our reno to ensure nothing is left out.

What's been done over the past week:

- Windows have been replaced

- Bedroom doors have been installed

- Aircon trunking have been rectified

- False ceiling and other box up have been completed

- Hob, hood & oven have been delivered

- Measurements for main door + utility room door taken

To be done this week:

- Window grilles up on Tues

- Painting starts on Tues

- Carpentry in on Fri

- First round of cleaning

Pictures coming up shortly..

Ger, we checked our place yesterday and realized windows **** and kitchen were up (no grilles yet). The living hall ones were badly scratched, took some picts of it.. Will try to post it tonight.

Reno Day 76

1.jpg
False ceiling and false wall completed.
This will be our little exercise area.

2.jpg
Bedroom doors installed.
Will be repainting it cos we changed our minds after the doors were installed. :rolleyes:

3.jpg
Boxup of pipes from hall to kitchen and
box up of big momma sewage pipe completed.

4.jpg
Windows replaced, this time its the right one.
Problem with alignment of locking grooves, to be fixed.

2.jpg

Bedroom doors installed.

Will be repainting it cos we changed our minds after the doors were installed. :rolleyes:

erm...one question.... why the door handle so high arh? why is it not in the middle? :unsure:

the original ones can buy where huh? until now i still haven't see. or is it cos i only been going to neighbourhood shops and sheng siong.

i haven't tried yet, but planning to. err, see if i can reach the ceiling or not, if cannot, then it becomes the hubby's job. :sport-smiley-004:

original ones i think NTUC should sell it..

the dust in the place is incredible..like flour. no idea how many times we'll have to vacuum before it finally feels clean...good time to buy the irobot..

Ger, we checked our place yesterday and realized windows **** and kitchen were up (no grilles yet). The living hall ones were badly scratched, took some picts of it.. Will try to post it tonight.

get them to replace the scratched ones..heng ours no scratches..

Edited by lilithfiend

erm...one question.... why the door handle so high arh? why is it not in the middle? :unsure:

high? you mean the bedroom door knob?

felt normal to us leh..i open and close the doors many times liao. maybe its the photo thats making it look high..

original ones i think NTUC should sell it..

the dust in the place is incredible..like flour. no idea how many times we'll have to vacuum before it finally feels clean...good time to buy the irobot..

get them to replace the scratched ones..heng ours no scratches..

Hey Lilithfiend, waw so good that you can start the count down liao. Very fast you will be able to enjoy the fruit of your labour loh... :good:

Hey Lilithfiend, waw so good that you can start the count down liao. Very fast you will be able to enjoy the fruit of your labour loh... :good:

thanks! ya soon all this will be (finally) over..

uh? exercise area? practise wing chun? :P

haha no wing chun, more like a gym area la..

Introduce u venetian plastering for your walls.

that's a nice effect..prob cost a bomb to do as well right?

Edited by lilithfiend

World Cup is over....no more updates? :P

hey jaskel...haha burn out from WC so lazy/tired to update. Can your electrician come in on Monday to do the remaining works? We'll be going up to the house tmr to mark out all the lightings for you..pls confirm, thanks..

btw, still haven't managed to find that "rod" thing for my common rm light..must try to hunt for it tmr liao.. :unsure: