Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fencer

Reno @my Simei 4a Resale Flat

Just to share.. again.. that BCA guy called me last few days ago abt the window. HE mentioned that the window shld be leveled (didn't know the degree or tolerance, if there is any) and be tilting "forward" slightly ABIT to enable water to drain out. He would help to contact HDB on this to assist since is HDB's responsibility and get back to me on what HDB replied.. nice guy..

Wrote to Henry on tuesday on suggested updates of the quotations.. e.g last tm the quotation including a bar top counter wic end up i gave up doing, and also the double charge.. Wednesday msg him to remind to check my email.. Hnery sick so next day then can check.. quiet.. fri i msg him again to update the quotations to reflect the changes.. sat nite got email from him..

Our window supplier are certified and well trained and also with HDB licence .

Please proof with black & white by QP for not proble installation !!!!

Other wise Mr Pang should pay full amount.TQ !

Please mind your word and remove incorrect rumors. other wise legal action will take against you !!!

Note : Remaining balance of $ 3520 should settle by 24/05/2010 since project was done and hand over by 30/04/2010

HOw come i as the owner dun know the handover was completed on 30 April 2004?

Sigh.. mayb shld just pay everything up and get it over with.. most pay more to get things fixed.. good idea?

SHould also edit the blog to praise more of Henry for all the good work.. and remove all the bad postings..

Sharing session.. My reply to Henry on 24 May 2010..

Thanks for the updated cost.

I'm in the midst of contacting HDB and BCA so please have some patience. Like you had said previously, your company won't run away. So using the same theory, i also won't run away.

But if you insist, please then provide the document proof that we both had agreed before starting renovation on 30 April 2010 as the handing-over date, and also the handing-over is indeed completed.

Please also provide the full name of the specific window installer who installed the master bedroom sliding windows and the company name as the information is needed by the authority to conduct a check.

Note that the installer may be called up for interview if needed.

His reply on same day evening..

Thanks for replied..

The particular of the window supplier you can get to know easily thru HDB.

Mr Pang & Ms Aw got no reason to hold the outstanding balance since whole project was done nicely & hand over.

( pls check payment term of invoice )

Please fell free to call me @90073683

( hope to settle frendly with Mr Pang ) before 27/10/2010

My reply on today..

The company name of window supplier is on the permit from HDB.

I'm asking for the full name of the person who came to install the master bedroom window. Please let me know once u have the info. Thanks huh..

Thanks.. would also wan to settle asap which would be good for both of us.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I was reading about daydream's case. It gets complicated everyday ...

Still watching TV without the table ? I remembered you had some dented furniture ? When are they going to deliver the remaining set ?

I have an interesting question ... how does one choose a hairdresser/barber ? Do we go and look at the different prices before deciding ? Or based on referral ? We normally sit down and tell the hairdresser what we want (just like renovation). But at the end, its a matter of luck whether the hairdresser does a good or bad job to our hair ;) But fortunately, our hair can self-grow back spontaneously. Just an interesting though !

I was reading about daydream's case. It gets complicated everyday ...

Still watching TV without the table ? I remembered you had some dented furniture ? When are they going to deliver the remaining set ?

I have an interesting question ... how does one choose a hairdresser/barber ? Do we go and look at the different prices before deciding ? Or based on referral ? We normally sit down and tell the hairdresser what we want (just like renovation). But at the end, its a matter of luck whether the hairdresser does a good or bad job to our hair ;) But fortunately, our hair can self-grow back spontaneously. Just an interesting though !

Does daydream have a blog?

yup.. watch tv on the floor loh.. ha..

The tv console and kopi table would be coming only end of june.. coz they can't fit our time slot.. Ha.. bo bian..

Good question.. would be similiar to reno bah.. is relying solely on the hairdresser/barber to know how it can be done.. since they had cut for so many diff ppl so shld know better.. this better or that not nice..

ok.. thanks huh.. i discuss with my wife 1st.. DIY would estimate last how long?

years...if was done properly.

I'm in the midst of contacting HDB and BCA so please have some patience. Like you had said previously, your company won't run away. So using the same theory, i also won't run away.

But if you insist, please then provide the document proof that we both had agreed before starting renovation on 30 April 2010 as the handing-over date, and also the handing-over is indeed completed.

Please also provide the full name of the specific window installer who installed the master bedroom sliding windows and the company name as the information is needed by the authority to conduct a check.

Thanks for replied..

Mr Pang & Ms Aw got no reason to hold the outstanding balance since whole project was done nicely & hand over.

My reply on today..

I'm asking for the full name of the person who came to install the master bedroom window. Please let me know once u have the info. Thanks huh..

Brother fencer,

It has been a while since I last logged on to your T-blog. It has grown by leaps and bounds and largely on the negativity surrounding Henry's service.

This T-blog is interesting though as you can see that there are very helpful people here-blueocean who touched on the surface but not thorough on the legal aspect, jaskel who seemed like a nice contractor who would go all out to satisfy his clients and simon and hcbing who tried to reconcile your differences between you and Henry.

Nonetheless, it serves as an informative read to all current and future houseowners who are planning to do up their houses.

Hope everything will work out well eventually.

Cheers.

years...if was done properly.

Good leh.. now jst need to find out more on the procedure to apply primer and painting on gate.. also equipment need.. cost and time factor..

wonder if can paint it back to the wat it was.. or almost similiar effect..

Brother fencer,

It has been a while since I last logged on to your T-blog. It has grown by leaps and bounds and largely on the negativity surrounding Henry's service.

This T-blog is interesting though as you can see that there are very helpful people here-blueocean who touched on the surface but not thorough on the legal aspect, jaskel who seemed like a nice contractor who would go all out to satisfy his clients and simon and hcbing who tried to reconcile your differences between you and Henry.

Nonetheless, it serves as an informative read to all current and future houseowners who are planning to do up their houses.

Hope everything will work out well eventually.

Cheers.

Hi england.. long time no see.. Ha..

They are all very helpful... offering advice on things that i dun know or not clear with and legal issues.. Ha.. cannot go thorough on the legal aspect lah.. wait i peng san liao.. Ha.. already trying very hard to absorb what i can..

Is a great learning experience to me as well.. now that i know more then before, i can advice my friends on what i know..

or if i reno again.. on the present hse or 2nd property, only if i strike toto and 4D.. Ahahah..

Hope so.. Thanks huh.. :P

Edited by fencer

Thanks for replied..

My reply on today..

His reply to me...

hi.. can you give me a call when you free... hope to discuss with you nicely.. thanks !

6+ today, Henry just called me.. somethings just dun change.. threaten me again, as usual..

I asked for a name.. after so many times, dun give.. now say i get name for what reason.. other ppl company's workers, why wan to go check on them?

Asked me to pay him the rest of the money besides the windows.. coz everything is done and settled.. i said i compiling a list for him and contact HDB/BCA also takes time since they do not answer immed so just give me the name asap so i can do a check.. he asked isit give name, the rest of the money wld gv him.. i told him this is not an exchange negotiation.. just gv the name to me and i wil go settle and let him no.. cannot..

Now he say i playing with him and dragging things along for so long.. wonder why he is ok to drag things for so long while i getting black and white for him as requested by him and preparing list for him to let him choose if he wants to rectify cannot. Hmm..

Edited by fencer

wow...think now everything must black and white. Telephone conversation must be recorded even! :)

your patience with him is admirable, if its me i would not even call him. everything must be in black and white now.

email the relevant persons asking for the name of installer, cc the authorities and ID and the rest of renotalk. :P

wow...think now everything must black and white. Telephone conversation must be recorded even! :)

your patience with him is admirable, if its me i would not even call him. everything must be in black and white now.

email the relevant persons asking for the name of installer, cc the authorities and ID and the rest of renotalk. :P

isit so hard to cooperate and just give a full name if the installer? Is there anything to hide? Of coz I am not implying it at all. Who in the right mind would do that right?

Forgot to mention that i asked him y he is rushing when he had given me time to oct as mentioned in his email. He said must be mistype. Who In the right mind would gv so long a period. I was thinking also, who in the right mind would say the window is ok, new door wic comes with marks and hole is ok also, scratch on cabinet door is ok, cracked tile is ok. Is so easy to just feigh ignorance while it is written in email and is black and white? I mst wait for him to write another email to void the previous email so can move the date up and down as he pleased.

He called me and I was so stupid to pick it up. Tot he called to be nice and cooperate with me so can get things settled asap. End up he is stil the same. Like to talk his own while I was talking. My patient is running thin also. Think I would just send letter of demand to him. Sigh. Some ppl just dun change.

Edited by fencer

isit so hard to cooperate and just give a full name if the installer? Is there anything to hide? Of coz I am not implying it at all. Who in the right mind would do that right?

Forgot to mention that i asked him y he is rushing when he had given me time to oct as mentioned in his email. He said must be mistype. Who In the right mind would gv so long a period. I was thinking also, who in the right mind would say the window is ok, new door wic comes with marks and hole is ok also, scratch on cabinet door is ok, cracked tile is ok. Is so easy to just feigh ignorance while it is written in email and is black and white? I mst wait for him to write another email to void the previous email so can move the date up and down as he pleased.

He called me and I was so stupid to pick it up. Tot he called to be nice and cooperate with me so can get things settled asap. End up he is stil the same. Like to talk his own while I was talking. My patient is running thin also. Think I would just send letter of demand to him. Sigh. Some ppl just dun change.

fyi, from HDB regulations:

"If you are carrying out window installation/replacement works, you are required to engage a BCA approved window contractor listed with HDB"

You might also want to take a look at this form:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/isoa072p.nsf/0/8a47e...-FormB-rev3.pdf

You will need the following information:

DETAILS OF APPROVED WINDOW CONTRACTOR

Name & Address of Approved Window Contractor

Office Tel

Facsimile

HDB Registration No

Company Stamp

ACRA Registration No

Name of Trained Window Installer

NRIC/FIN No

Certificate No

I guess most people don't bother :)

fencer, by right u shd have gotten a copy of the permit to carry out windows installation works lehz.. if not, becomes illegal le.. :o

fyi, from HDB regulations:

"If you are carrying out window installation/replacement works, you are required to engage a BCA approved window contractor listed with HDB"

You might also want to take a look at this form:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/isoa072p.nsf/0/8a47e...-FormB-rev3.pdf

You will need the following information:

DETAILS OF APPROVED WINDOW CONTRACTOR

Name & Address of Approved Window Contractor

Office Tel

Facsimile

HDB Registration No

Company Stamp

ACRA Registration No

Name of Trained Window Installer

NRIC/FIN No

Certificate No

I guess most people don't bother :)

The guy who installed the aircon also handed me 1 to be signed and passed to HDB branch office..

Is this suppose to be given to be given to me by the window installer?

Edited by fencer

Might i also add that Henry said is not nice to come knocking at midnight for this matter.. wonder isit a proposal or something he is planning..

The guy who installed the aircon also handed me 1 to be signed and passed to HDB branch office..

quoting from HDB website

Submit retrofitting report

Upon completion of the retrofitting works, the approved window contractor will provide you with a retrofitting report, duly signed by their installer. This report is part of the retrofitting process/requirement and is to be provided at no extra charge.

Please submit the completed hardcopy retrofitting report (Form B) to your HDB Branch Office.

Alternatively, you can submit Form B electronically by logging into My HDBPage and accessing the form from My e-Services>Others.

Do keep a copy of the retrofitting report for future reference.

It is supposed to be submitted before installation takes place, if I am not wrong.. coz for mine, the permit was approved before the installation took place.. :dunno: Jaskel handled all these stuffs for us.. Think he shd be able to answer this better.. :help: