Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vhardono

Kitchen Renovation At Punggol

Hi,

After reading all fabulous t-blog here,finally I could post one as well :rolleyes:

We've bought a 5room resale unit in 29x punggol central mid last year. the condition is very good and well renovated.

We are planning to renovate the kitchen from HDB standard layout to open concept kitchen

first of all, here is the floorplan:

03-499820296.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

here is the original condition of the kitchen:

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

and here is the wall that is going to be hacked to create open concept kitchen:

IMG_0125.jpg

this is the proposed layout:

proposedlayout.jpg

KITCHEN-1.jpg

and for the past 2 weeks i've sent request for quotation to 15-20 ID and contractor thru e-mail for this proposed renovation.

here is my request of quotation that I sent via email to ID and contractor:

1. hacking kitchen wall

2. dismantle old kitchen cabinet

3. supply and install kitchen cabinet with following specifications:

- white glossy laminate for cabinet

- aluminum/stainless steel kitchen table top (300cm + 240cm)

- aluminum/stainless steel backsplash (240cm x 50cm)

- aluminum/stainless steel plinth

- soft closing mechanism (eg.Blum or Hettich) for all doors and drawer

- hacking kitchen wall

4. necessary plumbing and electrical work

Edited by vhardono

here is the original condition of the kitchen:

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

and here is the wall that is going to be hacked to create open concept kitchen:

IMG_0125.jpg

Wowww....open concept kitchen :dribble::dribble::dribble:

have a smooth reno journey and hope to see ur mei mei kitchen soon!!!!

For the past 2 weeks I have sent 15-20 emails to ID and contractor to request for the quotation,but so far only 2 ID responded

One has replied with the quotation that i received this afternoon and the other one came to do site visit,measurement and promise to give the quotation by this week

This is the one quotation that i've received:

1stquotation.jpg

could you all expert here enlighten me whether is this a reasonable cost for kitchen renovation?

I kinda feel that the amount is a bit on the high side,isn't it?

this is the proposed layout:

proposedlayout.jpg

and for the past 2 weeks i've sent request for quotation to 15-20 ID and contractor thru e-mail for this proposed renovation.

here is my request of quotation that I sent via email to ID and contractor:

1. hacking kitchen wall

2. dismantle old kitchen cabinet

3. supply and install kitchen cabinet with following specifications:

- white glossy laminate for cabinet

- aluminum/stainless steel kitchen table top (300cm + 240cm)

- aluminum/stainless steel backsplash (240cm x 50cm)

- aluminum/stainless steel plinth

- soft closing mechanism (eg.Blum or Hettich) for all doors and drawer

- hacking kitchen wall

4. necessary plumbing and electrical work

Welcome to the RT family! wah u more chiong then me hor with 20 ID/ contractors...tiring rite? hv u meet any? give feedback leh

Edited by samgalz

Welcome to the RT family! wah u more chiong then me hor with 20 ID/ contractors...tiring rite? hv u meet any? give feedback leh

so far i only sent them email and haven't go personally to their office.

so far only one replied with quotation (Monriche) and the other one (Ultimate) SMS me and came to do site visit.

Maybe the rest r not interested to handle kitchen renovation only.

How about you? did you sent them e-mail or came to their showroom?

our first item bought for this reno:

BP-KZT_6104_IFIT-526314272.JPG

Ariston induction hob KZT6104IFIT

we bought it during mayer warehouse sale last week

as normal induction hob that consumes at least 6000W, surprisingly the max power consumption for this model is only 3000W for 4 burners. so means we can use it even with 13A plug to operate this hob

hi vhardono, welcome to RT! :)

i'm no expert but your quote does look to be on the high side ($350 just to hack & remove existing cabinets??) ..perhaps its because you're doing just the kitchen. maybe you wanna speak to individual contractors (i.e. one hacker, one carpenter, one electrican, one plumber). helps you to save cost but you'll have to spend time to coordinate.

i noticed you're doing s/steel work top! I also wanted to do that but the quotes that came in were very high for s/steel counter. i think if your cabinets are wood laminates, it'll look even better instead of white..just my 2 cents!

Edited by lilithfiend

hi vhardono, welcome to RT! :)

i'm no expert but your quote does look to be on the high side ($350 just to hack & remove existing cabinets??) ..perhaps its because you're doing just the kitchen. maybe you wanna speak to individual contractors (i.e. one hacker, one carpenter, one electrican, one plumber). helps you to save cost but you'll have to spend time to coordinate.

i noticed you're doing s/steel work top! I also wanted to do that but the quotes that came in were very high for s/steel counter. i think if your cabinets are wood laminates, it'll look even better instead of white..just my 2 cents!

that's what i'm thinking...

they even quote me $450 for kitchen base that i don't even require

according to Ultimate ID, normal s/steel worktop is actually laminate and can easily be dented.the thicker one will cost a bomb.may i know how much is your ID/contractor quote u psf for s/steel worktop?

btw,do you have any contact of hacker to recommend?

Edited by vhardono

I think your current kitchen is "hanging" does not have any base. So, if you want you can request your new kitchen cabinet to have the sampe "hanging" concept.

Otherwise, standard cabinet would need a base (that you don't have for now).

i also don't need any kitchen cabinet base, fridge base & washing machine base. but alot of the contractors i spoke to have insisted the cabinet base is necessary for levelling. and i dunno why your base is so ex! $450 is like extortion man, i'm assuming yours is 26 ft / 2 = 13 ft?

and please do not go for s/steel laminate! s/steel laminate is **** ugly. you might as well just use normal solid surface. go for the real thing! i've gotten alot of quotes hahaha..like around 20..i also emailed the contractors before doing any site visits. anyway, just as a reference, one quote i got was $145 psf for s/steel work top, even higher than yours. and as a guideline, solid surface tops go from $65-$100 psf.

so far i only sent them email and haven't go personally to their office.

so far only one replied with quotation (Monriche) and the other one (Ultimate) SMS me and came to do site visit.

Maybe the rest r not interested to handle kitchen renovation only.

How about you? did you sent them e-mail or came to their showroom?

i send email first, then some will send back quote and request to meet. some will request to meet before quote. Am now waiting for DX to quote after I meet him

Hacking of kitchen cabinets is fairly easy. Me and gf removed it ourselves, using a power tool and hammer.

We called town council to come and remove the cabinets, bribed the workers with $20 to help us throw it away.

Ours was top and bottom cabinets for the whole kitchen with cockroaches running around. Yours look to be much better condition, can DIY to have some fun even!