Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
firehorse

Sembawang Green

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
kopi-bro,

@ best denki, ngee ann city

pioneer htzl-61 home theatre = 588 (usual price 1,799)

safety5 warranty = 58.80

delivery = f.o.c. (had to nego for this!)

total amt = 588 + 58.8 = 646.80

(was during their 1-day sale, i think was last weekend only.)

@ best denki, ngee ann city

samsung la40b610a full hd lcd tv = 1,399 (usual price approx. 2.3k, can't recall the exact figure on the promo placecard, sorry!)

delivery = f.o.c. (lumped together with our pioneer home theatre)

total amt = 1,399

no need extra warranty cos' samsung agent gif 3 yrs warranty oredi.

(again; got "caught" by salesman yesterdae, fridae, while i was beo-ing another samsung model. this one usual price was abt 2.3k; they are extending their offer for this last 1pc until this weekend - i think they just want to clear off this last pc.

salesman also said this model is exclusive to best denki onli, dunno how true izit.

wifey said this one still acceptable, so i go ahead... but now i probably haf to give in to her request for a "monster fridge" - i.e. a big n nice looking one. *ouch*. :o

we were actually supposed to be looking at fridge models, but ended up getting a tv... :dunno: )

things left on shopping list:

1. refrigerator

2. washing machine

3. dining light

:help:

Wah bro congrats congrats finally start your reno too :good: :good:

anyway your wife likes a side by side door fridge ? Hmm.....i actually wanted to get this one, you can consider :notti:

Hitachi 2 door or

Hitachi 3 door

Which one to get will depends on the price diff of the two :P

ty kopi-bro!

wah u really know how to recommend "monster" fridges!

the side-by-side type is wayyy too big for just 2 of us la, but really thx for ur recommendations; the 910mm width is a real shocker! :o

my wifey ah.. she looking lovingly at the mitsubishi folio lor.. the white one with price tag $3,299 at harvey millenia walk.

the salesguy told us special price for us $2,800, free delivery (i.e. dun nid to pay the $30).

then he went on and on about the features and workmanship of the fridge.. impressive..

then i asked him but what abt the extended warranty?

he said, that one need to +$435

then i asked him 2.8k for the white one ah? or stainless steel?

he then said +$100 for stainless steel.

i thought, ****, 2.8k + 100 (for stainless steel/titanium body) + 435 (extended warranty)

= $3,335 !!! :bangwall:

kns, back to square one, LOL! 8|

oh ya, must say mitsubishi fridge... the electrical efficiency... IF u see 3 ticks, do NOTE that it's most probably a borderline 3-ticks, i.e. it's VERY VERY close to a 2 ticks liao.

i.e. amongst all the 3-ticks fridges that we've seen, mitsubishi's 3-ticks is the WORST.

this folio was about 1.6KWh/L, while other brands such as sharp and hitachi were at about 1.3 to 1.4 .

but of course, the total KWh annual consumption is still the final determinant of electrical consumption and hence our annual electricity bill.

btw, harvey norman just opened (yes, it re-opened a new store) at suntec city!

got alot of balloons at the front, one heart-shapee pattern, i think + lots and lots of sales staff.

i noticed that some of their TV is about $100 cheaper than the offer at best denki - but our samsung tv is still at $2,399 at harvey (got it at $1,399 @ best denki).

so would really advise u to check around and narrow down to a few models and then do a final check.

for us, we went around with pen and paper... hehe., noting down the specs and prices... muahahaha. :D

Hahaha bro you mentioned monster fridge wor so i recommend the one i wanted lor :P

anyway do ask ard for the fridge even those neighbourhood store you might be surprised at the price quote :)

eh bro i just realised that you bought the rinnai hob RB-3CG that i'm targeting, may i know how much you bought it for ? thanks :D

Hahaha bro you mentioned monster fridge wor so i recommend the one i wanted lor :P

anyway do ask ard for the fridge even those neighbourhood store you might be surprised at the price quote :)

eh bro i just realised that you bought the rinnai hob RB-3CG that i'm targeting, may i know how much you bought it for ? thanks :D

kopi-bro, no nid 2 b so polite la, we got our combi (hood + hob) at about $1,452 - this is the listed price on the rinnai promotional brochure that we had.

the sales lady gave us something like less than $10 off. :bleah: , cos she said this was prices set by rinnai - kept pointing to the rinnai brochure she gave us - it had a full table - columns and rows for u to choose ur hood + hob combi and the corresponding price.

ur taste very exquisite leh... hehe, this one is made in japan, and according to the brochure i got, it's the most ex rinnai hob too! :notti:

oh ya, must say mitsubishi fridge... the electrical efficiency... IF u see 3 ticks, do NOTE that it's most probably a borderline 3-ticks, i.e. it's VERY VERY close to a 2 ticks liao.

i.e. amongst all the 3-ticks fridges that we've seen, mitsubishi's 3-ticks is the WORST.

this folio was about 1.6KWh/L, while other brands such as sharp and hitachi were at about 1.3 to 1.4 .

but of course, the total KWh annual consumption is still the final determinant of electrical consumption and hence our annual electricity bill.

hi firehorse, looks like you are an expert on wattage, what is your bedroom lights watts? Is 72 watts standard? (I'm referring to the actually wattage consumtion)

TY

kopi-bro, no nid 2 b so polite la, we got our combi (hood + hob) at about $1,452 - this is the listed price on the rinnai promotional brochure that we had.

the sales lady gave us something like less than $10 off. :bleah: , cos she said this was prices set by rinnai - kept pointing to the rinnai brochure she gave us - it had a full table - columns and rows for u to choose ur hood + hob combi and the corresponding price.

ur taste very exquisite leh... hehe, this one is made in japan, and according to the brochure i got, it's the most ex rinnai hob too! :notti:

Ya i know it's the most ex de but it suits my requirements of 3 burners with tempered glass top mah

hmm.....i might think of getting another brand cos i dun think i would want to spend so much on a hob + hood :P

anyway thanks bro :D

Ya i know it's the most ex de but it suits my requirements of 3 burners with tempered glass top mah

hmm.....i might think of getting another brand cos i dun think i would want to spend so much on a hob + hood :P

anyway thanks bro :D

upzzzz :unsure:

i can't find back my old t-blog thread, so here goes..

our home is finally completed after a long drag of 6 months - had some issues id during the cny crunch period but are glad to say that all has been resolved to our satisfaction;

but my old t-blog thread has been removed / i couldn't find it :(

floor plan

f_1tmm167ragm_4db67ea.jpg

1st set of 3d drawings

f_2m_d0bdb53.jpg

f_3m_f524ea3.jpg

f_4m_436d4a9.jpg

f_5m_24dc805.jpg

our main entrance

f_13m_f65319b.jpg

further back a little bit

f_14m_b5e5e40.jpg

feature wall (covering the bomb shelter)

f_16fm_e357fac.jpg

living room

(dining table not in yet...)

f_16m_891bcab.jpg

kitchen

f_18m_6ff27e5.jpg

chandelier (in walk-in-wardroe)

f_19m_33f8c5d.jpg

reflection of chandelier on the floor

(just thought it looked nice la!) :D

f_1am_3ecff39.jpg

sliding door entrance to walk-in-wardrobe