Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dbkungfu

Little Penguin Migration

Hi all

Forgot to tell a real story , today while my wf & me was walking to Park Mall to look at Lotus mattress, while waiting to cross the street to Istana & Plaza Singapore, suddenly we heard a loud cracking sound & whole tree collapse on road. Wf thot must be someone doing some tree trimming, after closer look doesnt look like it. Whole lamp post was bend & luckily there isnt any car at that moment. Then we saw the istana police rush out to control human & car traffic. Initially, I wanna to stomp this but then saw a lady collapse on the floor with some folks trying to help, so wf said not nice to do. Not sure whether there anyone else hidden under those branches/leaves.

Should appear in today tv news or newspaper tomorrow. After 30mins, on our back after bought our mattress, saw whole bunch of police, tree "cleaning" contractor at the site. So be careful when u walk around those area that have tall trees .... later got squash like bug :unsure:

Edited by dbkungfu

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all

When to Choo Chiang at woodland yesterday, full of dissappointment, showroom doesnt exist as per their website advertisement. Waste my time ... anyway salesguy quite friendly to help to provide measurement & pricing. Still a bit confuse on which to buy but attracted to clipsal c-vivace series - big switch series.

Need some help, what is a 1 & 2 way switch ? :unsure: Is it those switch that can control 2 different source/light with 1 only. Can provide some simple explaination ? thnx

Edited by dbkungfu

Hi all

When to Choo Chiang at woodland yesterday, full of dissappointment, showroom doesnt exist as per their website advertisement. Waste my time ... anyway salesguy quite friendly to help to provide measurement & pricing. Still a bit confuse on which to buy but attracted to clipsal c-vivace series - big switch series.

Need some help, what is a 1 & 2 way switch ? :unsure: Is it those switch that can control 2 different source/light with 1 only. Can provide some simple explaination ? thnx

had you visited Choo Chiang @ Rowell? Outside the shop, i saw a place where they display out the different brands of sockets and switches.

But the Rowell had a china guy who is not good at technical knowledge. Dun even know what i want even after i bring down one sample for him! :unsure: he look and look then ask his colleague what this is... *faint* Luckily the colleague more experienced.

Generally Choo Chiang is buy and go, have to know what you are looking for.

2 way switch is much more expensive than 1 way. simply means that you can control the lighting at 2 different points. for example install lighting for staircase, have to use 2 way, one on each end of the staircase. This allows you to on/off the switch from either side.

had you visited Choo Chiang @ Rowell? Outside the shop, i saw a place where they display out the different brands of sockets and switches.

But the Rowell had a china guy who is not good at technical knowledge. Dun even know what i want even after i bring down one sample for him! :unsure: he look and look then ask his colleague what this is... *faint* Luckily the colleague more experienced.

Generally Choo Chiang is buy and go, have to know what you are looking for.

2 way switch is much more expensive than 1 way. simply means that you can control the lighting at 2 different points. for example install lighting for staircase, have to use 2 way, one on each end of the staircase. This allows you to on/off the switch from either side.

thnx gim ... got it now. Since my hdb is small ... I guess mine is all 1 way. Matter of fact, one salesgirl (fat ahLian) 'suan' me indirectly when I asked where their showroom, then start shouting lelong lelong. Almost wanna slap her :curse: ... Fortunately, the salesguy is nice to entertain me, brought some switch sample to show me. Didnt visit rowell ... dont plan to anyway, will ask wife to buy at Choo Chiang nearby maybe at SIMS. thnx again.

Edited by dbkungfu

thnx gim ... got it now. Since my hdb is small ... I guess mind is all 1 way. Matter of fact, one salesgirl (fat ahLian) 'suan' me indirectly when I asked where their showroom, then start shouting lelong lelong. Almost wanna slap her :curse: ... Fortunately, the salesguy is nice to entertain me, brought some switch sample to show me. Didnt visit rowell ... dont plan to anyway, will ask wife to buy at Choo Chiang nearby maybe at SIMS. thnx again.

wah, that very bad of her wor....hope i dun encounter someone like her. for me, will either go choo chiang sims or AMK. I dropped by rowell previously but din go in cos i dun hv any idea what i should buy at that time. :D

I dropped them an email today asking for pricing on Clipsal C-vivace (i :wub: too), MK and Legrand Mallia series. Hopefully they reply me soon....

wah, that very bad of her wor....hope i dun encounter someone like her. for me, will either go choo chiang sims or AMK. I dropped by rowell previously but din go in cos i dun hv any idea what i should buy at that time. :D

I dropped them an email today asking for pricing on Clipsal C-vivace (i :wub: too), MK and Legrand Mallia series. Hopefully they reply me soon....

ya, give her several fierce "look", then she try to avoid looking at me. Talk to my ID, he mentioned he can buy on my behalf at ChooChiang price. So dont have to worry if doesnt fit in. A bit of bad news though ... some c-vivace 4g & 13a x 2 out of stock in sg. So need to change to MK type :(

argh....i also looking at the c-vivace series after u mentioned and i went back to the ccm's website to see. AMK branch replied my email and the quote was ok and I was going to order once I confirm qty with electrician. If no more I will faint wor.... :o

argh....i also looking at the c-vivace series after u mentioned and i went back to the ccm's website to see. AMK branch replied my email and the quote was ok and I was going to order once I confirm qty with electrician. If no more I will faint wor.... :o

yup need to be quick on this. Do u plan to change all your switch & socket outlet ? 'cos I only plan to change those "expose" only to save $$$. My electrician/ID provide me the switches count for the whole house, I went down to count those need to change only :P :P ... baseline, normally ppl change all switch.

yup need to be quick on this. Do u plan to change all your switch & socket outlet ? 'cos I only plan to change those "expose" only to save $$$. My electrician/ID provide me the switches count for the whole house, I went down to count those need to change only :P :P ... baseline, normally ppl change all switch.

yup, changing all cos the flats switch all 8 yrs or more liao and the previous owner abuses the switches. :(

i dun wan to wait later move in liao then this switch spoil, that switch spoil. might as well pain once and for all. save the trouble. :D

I counted once but cos am adding lights and probably socket points so need to discuss with electrician to double confirm the type and qty. c-vivace will be first choice lor, MK second choice.

Edited by samgalz

buy too much --> cannot refund

buy too little --> can go back to buy

buy wrong --> can exchange (not sure if they refund u the diff?).

i felt that the Sims Ave one is not very friendly also, best one is at Toh Guan, followed by Rowell.

just my personal experience. But since ID buying for you....send him to woodlands to take revenge!! haha...

hi samgalz, must cost u a fortune then, mine is ok as owner dun really stay there (overseas) ... :o , btw, due to no stock for 4g c-vivace, I have to change to 3g + 1g as I dont wanna the legrand millac 4g, dun like the feel. But this my initial plan anyway to enable me to identify fan switch/dining mainlight easily from downlights ... :good: ... hope it turn out good. 13ax2 no stock also, so changing to MK.

hi gim, very good strategy. U really like visiting ChooChiang huhhh ? :) My ID was laughing at me when I told him the incident, so how to take revenge. He said ChooChiang where got showroom one since I insist there is one in woodland, he just let me pay a visit to see see. anyway, ID is a friendly guy so far, no hard feeling. just waiting for ID to provide me the switches price. :P

Edited by dbkungfu

hi samgalz, must cost u a fortune then, mine is ok as owner dun really stay there (overseas) ... :o , btw, due to no stock for 4g c-vivace, I have to change to 3g + 1g as I dont wanna the legrand millac 4g, dun like the feel. But this my initial plan anyway to enable me to identify fan switch/dining mainlight easily from downlights ... :good: ... hope it turn out good. 13ax2 no stock also, so changing to MK.

hi gim, very good strategy. U really like visiting ChooChiang huhhh ? :) My ID was laughing at me when I told him the incident, so how to take revenge. He said ChooChiang where got showroom one since I insist there is one in woodland, he just let me pay a visit to see see. anyway, ID is a friendly guy so far, no hard feeling. just waiting for ID to provide me the switches price. :P

for me still not too bad bah cos not changing the higher range ones. and i am a sucker for nice big rocker switches :D

i am meeting my contractor tmr to discuss something and shall check with him on the switches...

Hi dbkungfu...mind sharing with us who's ur ID is?

If not can PM me the contacts of ur ID?

Many thanks...

Hi dbkungfu...mind sharing with us who's ur ID is?

If not can PM me the contacts of ur ID?

Many thanks...

hmmm u notice, xtually my plan is to reveal my ID only at the end of reno. Dun wanna to do too much advertisement at this early stage. PM u already ;)

off to my site inspection now ... got appointment with solar film contractors & song-cho delivery bye bye :D

Edited by dbkungfu

i bought a number of stuff at the toh guan branch .. the manager there is quite friendly ...

buy too much --> cannot refund

buy too little --> can go back to buy

buy wrong --> can exchange (not sure if they refund u the diff?).

i felt that the Sims Ave one is not very friendly also, best one is at Toh Guan, followed by Rowell.

just my personal experience. But since ID buying for you....send him to woodlands to take revenge!! haha...