Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
macadamia3050

Help! Worth Buying This Flat? 5room Sengkang Near Mall

Hi folks,

Me n my hubby recently forked out $1K to purchase the option for following flat:

Where: Seng Kang, 3min walk from rivervale mall & abt 15min walk from Seng Kang MRT station

Type: 5I (110sqm)

Valuation: $400K

COV: $36K

Floor: Top floor corner

For a <10yr old flat, this unit is rather lok kok (ill-maintained).. need to really renovate the kitchen n 2 bathrooms.. not much major built-in carpentry except for the kitchen cabinets & a wardrobe in MBR.. we like the location & high floor, but is $36K too much to pay for a lok lok flat when other Seng Kang flats seem so new..? n cos of the high cov, we've got not much left for reno (definitely need a loan fr bank) :(

Appreciate all your advice! many many thx..!

hi macadamia

sorry but i stay opp rivervale mall. i doubt where you buying is near the sk mrt leh... r u sure?

rivervale mnall to sk mrt (by car) needs ard 5-10mins. LRT 2 stops....

btw, yours is considered good buy because you have got a huge ntuc, foodcourt, daiso at rivervale mall...

and 36k for a 5rm lok kok sounds ok to me coz i sold mine for cov 46k - 4rm last weekend

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hi macadamia

sorry but i stay opp rivervale mall. i doubt where you buying is near the sk mrt leh... r u sure?

rivervale mnall to sk mrt (by car) needs ard 5-10mins. LRT 2 stops....

btw, yours is considered good buy because you have got a huge ntuc, foodcourt, daiso at rivervale mall...

and 36k for a 5rm lok kok sounds ok to me coz i sold mine for cov 46k - 4rm last weekend

15min walk is possible if traffic lights are 'obedient'. :) My family and I walked from Sengkang MRT to Rivervale Mall before.

Edited by forgotten

15min walk is possible if traffic lights are 'obedient'. :) My family and I walked from Sengkang MRT to Rivervale Mall before.

in my 5 years of being here, never walked this far to sk mrt before. always surrender to LRT :P

Edited by pixiepixel

that's exactly our feelings! just chiong n do wat we haf to do! think too much hair v white liao.. i guess everybody (almost) goes thru more or less the same stuff :)

Just to let you know:

- I borrowed 18K from my grand mother (mil's mother)'s "coffin money" in 1992 for reno & some furniture stuff. Wedding, reno almost all come together.

- Plastering, sanding, painting, electrical wires modifications, lighting installation... all done by me. Have great "sense of belong" after that.

- Practised 2 skills then: "Tighten the belt" & "bite the bullet". Paid back 18k within a year. Once learnt, remember for life.

Edited by bepgof

pixiepixel: hee me n my sis walked once b4, but we took about 20min, incl detour a bit n walking on heels (read: slow haha)..

bepgof: man we haf a lot to learn! :)

The loan amount thought was "interest free" as told by my MIL then, but to me, the interest was "figureless" - could be any number. She might call home by the Lord anytime & needed the amount. I could imagine the worst case situation when all eyes stared & fingures pointed at us.

The wedding & new home came at together at "wrong" timing - What to do? I think most singapore young couples, now still facing this problem, especially whose parents are "not-rich".

Edited by bepgof

There are some couples that spend a huge amount on wedding dinner/photos and leave very little for the home loan/renovation.

The wedding & new home came at together at "wrong" timing - What to do? I think most singapore young couples, now still facing this problem, especially whose parents are "not-rich".

There are some couples that spend a huge amount on wedding dinner/photos and leave very little for the home loan/renovation.

Ya lor, some more black-color table cloth, chair, everything BLACK. Stylish?, end up.... Going against "tradition" pay?

Edited by bepgof

bepgof,

BTW, there is an article on top up of leasehold land in the business times today ...

60% of such top ups are approved by SLA.

Ya lor, some more black-color table cloth, chair, everything BLACK. Stylish?, end up.... Going against "tradition" pay?

bepgof,

BTW, there is an article on top up of leasehold land in the business times today ...

BO, thank for alerting, I've read.

Edited by bepgof

bepgof,

Hi BlueOcean,

Do not think it is free right? Anyone know the cost or formula used in such top ups?

thks and rgs,

Anyway, take note of bank loan, some bank gives fixed 1.99% for 1st 3 yrs, lower than HDB. But I got a few friends selling their HDB (bank loan) after 4 yr cos the interest goes as high as 6% p.a. They can't cope.

u kidding? 6% for HDB loan? time to refinance