Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fengwei

Recommendation For A Decent Sound System.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
@HET - Youre welcome. :D

Bro frezhman, u havent got a AVR yet? Your OPPO83 sitting alone do what?

cheers

bro vic, oppo83 connected directly to my kuro... :(

my definitive speakers collectin dust while awaiting da arrival of avr.

no choice bro, budget pretty tight as im expecting my 1st newborn this mth... need to prioritize.

when u have tot u got enuf $$$ to buy AVR, need to buy stroller, need to buy crib...

once my baby born, need to sort out my finances & whether got remaining to buy da AVR asap...

:(

Hi all,

Was at HN just now. Initially I wanted to get those off the shelf theatre system like Sony/LG type with player. But the sales staff told me it's better to get individual items coz if the player spoilt etc, can just change the player. So they recommended me to brands like Onkyo and Jamo.

After trying the sound and visual, pretty like it. Am at entry level, so not very well-verse with all the technical terms etc. But I do have a tight budget like $1.5k. Do all of you think I can get a decent system with this kind of budget, including cables?

HN recommended me Onkyo 607 for receiver and Jamo A102 for speaker, altog at $1.4k. You think this is reasonable? Or I should get from Adelphi instead?

Will really appreciate your advise.

Hi all,

Was at HN just now. Initially I wanted to get those off the shelf theatre system like Sony/LG type with player. But the sales staff told me it's better to get individual items coz if the player spoilt etc, can just change the player. So they recommended me to brands like Onkyo and Jamo.

After trying the sound and visual, pretty like it. Am at entry level, so not very well-verse with all the technical terms etc. But I do have a tight budget like $1.5k. Do all of you think I can get a decent system with this kind of budget, including cables?

HN recommended me Onkyo 607 for receiver and Jamo A102 for speaker, altog at $1.4k. You think this is reasonable? Or I should get from Adelphi instead?

I'm oso at entry level :D Not sure wast the price for the Jamo speaker but I've just gotten my Onkyo 608 for $730 at Alpha Audio in Aldephi. If i'm not wrong, 607 should be in the low end of $600. You may wana check them out in Aldephi ;)

Hi Vincenzo,

Do you know if I could output sound from a computer via the AV Receiver (Onkyo SR 508)? using HDMI cable. Thank you

Overkilling your PC rite?

cheers

bro vic, oppo83 connected directly to my kuro... :(

my definitive speakers collectin dust while awaiting da arrival of avr.

no choice bro, budget pretty tight as im expecting my 1st newborn this mth... need to prioritize.

when u have tot u got enuf $$$ to buy AVR, need to buy stroller, need to buy crib...

once my baby born, need to sort out my finances & whether got remaining to buy da AVR asap...

:(

Bro

Get a 2nd hand AVR. Its better not to let your speakers idle.

I have to sell my DefTech when i was posted overseas even if its only

for 1 year. Particles may built up on unused equipment, esp audio devices.

cheers

Hi all,

Avoid Jamo.

Yes, do check out at Adelphi with your given budget. A lot of bros here are DefTech owners.

Cheers

Hi Peeps,

Thinking of getting a 5.1 HTS too. Anyone gotten a Wharfedale Diamond 10.0 setup? Any comments?

Cheers

Im of the opinion that Wharfedale's sound is a bit muffled. But if u like what u hear,

dont let me stop u.

But theyre good for music listening though esp bassy type.

cheers

Avoid Jamo.

Yes, do check out at Adelphi with your given budget. A lot of bros here are DefTech owners.

Cheers

Hi vicenzo70,

Thanks for your advise. Are there any shops in Adelphi or elsewhere that u can recommend?

Hi vicenzo70,

Thanks for your advise. Are there any shops in Adelphi or elsewhere that u can recommend?

Adelphi - KEC, EW77 (B&W speakers), AVOne. Stroll around there.

cheers

bro vicenzo,

need your expert opinion here...i calibrated my hts ytd using the auto calibration function and after tat my velo sub sounds more heavily bass to my liking. not sure how to lighten the bass. any kind advice will be greatly appreciated.

bro vicenzo,

need your expert opinion here...i calibrated my hts ytd using the auto calibration function and after tat my velo sub sounds more heavily bass to my liking. not sure how to lighten the bass. any kind advice will be greatly appreciated.

Bro

Rule of thumb - small speakers adjust crossover to 120Hz. Big speakers adjust to 80Hz.

Phase, toggle it to find best position. Dont place sub so close to the wall. Give it some space to breathe.

lastly, your volume may be too loud.

If all else fails, get yourself a good subwoofer cable. It should solve any problems.

Cheers

Bro

Rule of thumb - small speakers adjust crossover to 120Hz. Big speakers adjust to 80Hz.

Phase, toggle it to find best position. Dont place sub so close to the wall. Give it some space to breathe.

lastly, your volume may be too loud.

If all else fails, get yourself a good subwoofer cable. It should solve any problems.

Cheers

tks for advice. will try them out and see how it goes.