Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ordolla

Agent Asked Us To Leave The Flat!

We were told by seller's agent that seller has decided to sell their flat to us. After we signed otp and all contracts and agreement, we asked if we can not pay commission since agent did not do anything for us and is already getting 2% from buyer. Furthermore, we have informed the owner that we may not have so much to give the agent if we give such a high price to them.

Instead of discussing or explaining to us that they will be doing the paper work etc, they asked us to leave the flat! They as in the agents, right in front of the owner! One of the agent simply disregard the owner's presence, packed everything and asked us to leave. They even said, without us, they can easily get another buyer who will pay them!

How ridiculous! If we are even paying the commission, we should be paying for good service. We shouldn't be paying commission because we are being threatened not to have the house sold to us! We shouldn't even be told to leave the house!

He even have the cheek to said the master owner will not agree. He initiated to call but he didn't call. We wanted to wait for him to call but he hugged all the signed documents and stood up. In the end, the wife has to call but it wasn;t answered. We said if the owner want us to leave, we will leave. Yet the agent refused to let us wait for the owner's reply!

He kept insisting tat he has exclusive rights to the house and he is in charged. But does in-charge means he owns the house and even decide who he should sell it to? And does it even mean the buyer should be at his mercy?

Beware of this agent. Make sure you check out his character before you sign exclusive.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

That agent is blackmailing you like a hooligan! Please post his handphone no. out to warn others about him.

My friend (direct buyer) recently got an offer from a seller's agent. He promised to pester the owner to cut the asking COV by 15K and give special priority to my friend over other buyers if my friend agreed to pay him 1% commission. If this agent's plan succeeds, he earns 15K from both sides.

Edited by forgotten

1 seller's agent blackmailed me to pay him commission when I was house-hunting as a direct buyer. In the end, I decided to get an agent to represent me as the buyer since I would be paying 1% commission anyway. My 1% was well-spent, at least I felt my agent was on my side, she helped me negotiate things with my seller and my paperwork was settled nicely.

Edited by forgotten

Forgotten : Ya i feel that way too. Agents do come in handy for us. Jus need to pay lor ...LOL... Me myself have put a 1K option but have yet to decide and got 14 days to consider..sigh...

Forgotten : Ya i feel that way too. Agents do come in handy for us. Jus need to pay lor ...LOL... Me myself have put a 1K option but have yet to decide and got 14 days to consider..sigh...

Have you got your HLE or bank loan's principal-in-approval? If no, remember to buffer a few days for your bank loan's approval.

I also had big headache in the first few days, thinking whether to take or drop the unit. Cos my low-floor unit's valuation is ~10K higher than other low-floor units in the same area. My agent and I thought that the seller was lucky to have the valuator in good mood when valuating their house hahaha.

Hope everything go smooth smooth for you in your house-hunting :)

Edited by forgotten

I opt for one unit in Teban Garden..Cheapo cheapo and cov aso quite reasonable. Now weighing the pros n cons..aiya..headache..haha...Got HLE already . First time purchase so using HDB Loan. House Hunting really headache.

I opt for one unit in Teban Garden..Cheapo cheapo and cov aso quite reasonable. Now weighing the pros n cons..aiya..headache..haha...Got HLE already . First time purchase so using HDB Loan. House Hunting really headache.

Think on the bright side, at least you have the cash to afford buying a unit from resale market. :) Some people like my friends' sisters cannot afford to buy from resale market and have to stay with their inlaws for 3 years until their BTO units are ready. And we all know staying with inlaws aren't that easy.

Then I'm also cheapo haha, I opted for a low-floor unit to save on the COV.

So is it your house-buying headache or World Cup Craze keeping you awake at this wee hour?

Maybe you can ask yourself what are the criteria that are important to you and your spouse? How well this unit scores against that list of criteria as compared to other units? How does the price of this unit compare to other units in the same area? Etc.

Edited by forgotten

Haha....how much is your cov n the valuation ? Location ? Well as for Teban Area now i'm considering coz heard feedback got lots of workers gathered. Have actually reccee the blk where i'm staying and at the point of time i see no workers loitering as sometimes there is police patrolling the area. Now for the rest of the days ..guess have to drop by every day and feel the ambience of that area day n noon n nite haha...and also my main living area facing road..where all the big trucks are..but neway its a matter of getting used to it.But to think of it Serangoon Gardens is it , those pte estate got one with a foreign worker dorm rite? hmmm...also will influx will foreign worker LOL...

My unit meets all of my criteria, except that it's low floor. Bobian I have limited cash, cannot afford to buy high-floor units at my area that're asking for 40K-50K COV.

4 room, low floor unit in North

Val 344K + COV 15K

Yeah that place is Serangoon Garden. ;)

Actually there're many foreigners everywhere. There're 1.5 million of them in Singapore. We see them everyday at MRT trains, food courts etc. Even at some mass market condos, also get to see many foreigners becos owners rent units out to them. In the end, it boils down to your and spouse's comfort level with seeing them at your area.

My own house also got foreigner tenants LOL.

Edited by forgotten

We were told by seller's agent that seller has decided to sell their flat to us. After we signed otp and all contracts and agreement, we asked if we can not pay commission since agent did not do anything for us and is already getting 2% from buyer. Furthermore, we have informed the owner that we may not have so much to give the agent if we give such a high price to them.

Instead of discussing or explaining to us that they will be doing the paper work etc, they asked us to leave the flat! They as in the agents, right in front of the owner! One of the agent simply disregard the owner's presence, packed everything and asked us to leave. They even said, without us, they can easily get another buyer who will pay them!

How ridiculous! If we are even paying the commission, we should be paying for good service. We shouldn't be paying commission because we are being threatened not to have the house sold to us! We shouldn't even be told to leave the house!

He even have the cheek to said the master owner will not agree. He initiated to call but he didn't call. We wanted to wait for him to call but he hugged all the signed documents and stood up. In the end, the wife has to call but it wasn;t answered. We said if the owner want us to leave, we will leave. Yet the agent refused to let us wait for the owner's reply!

He kept insisting tat he has exclusive rights to the house and he is in charged. But does in-charge means he owns the house and even decide who he should sell it to? And does it even mean the buyer should be at his mercy?

Beware of this agent. Make sure you check out his character before you sign exclusive.

Hi Ordolla,

Pls post the Agent's name & his agency here. If got picture lagi best. Also the location & unit # where agent claim himself has exclusive right - The one & the only seller agent.

Edited by bepgof

Aiyo, like that also can? Nowadays, agent play number is it? How come behave like tribe members?

You already signed the OTP and other contracts, u have a copy with u? If u have, u can simply ignore the seller agent request for coms.

Is the seller still staying in the house? If so, go direct to the seller.

Aiya ... agent lose $ mah ...

Because securing a HDB flat to sell is like securing "gold" because it sells quite easily and faster than private condos ... And getting 1% + 2% (total 3%) is almost guaranteed if managed correctly ...

Ordolla : U did not engage any agent to represent you?

We tried, but that agent said no cobroke. so we have no choice to but to represent ourselves since we really like the flat.

[

Approach seller and nego directly. If he is agreeable to the price ... then no problems liao ....

quote name=ordolla' date='Jun 12 2010, 10:07 AM' post='541792]

We tried, but that agent said no cobroke. so we have no choice to but to represent ourselves since we really like the flat.