Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ordolla

Agent Asked Us To Leave The Flat!

he wanted to ask us to sign the commission contract but before we signed, we asked abt the commission.Then he kept all the documents in his file and stood us and ask us to leave the house!

I was so shocked! Usually agent will explain the purpose of commission and when we asked him why do we need to pay him commission when he did not even do anything for us like calculation of cost like how other agents does it but he said it's an entitlement and it is a must! How is an entitlement a must! He didn't even tell us what he will do for us. And even said he can always get another buyer who will pay him commission right in front of the owner. Even though it is the owner who wanted to sell the place to us!

Even if we wan to pay commission, I don't even feel like paying him! It's 4k plus for his commission! If he tried to negotiate the COV price for us or what at least I feel better giving him the commission. But he simply increased the price! Our offer from 32 to 38 to 42!

Agent's name: Johnny

Agent's number: 9188 2751

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Were you looking at the 4NG AMK Ave 5 flat ? Cos the flat is already co-broke (ie he is not the seller's agent) ... so he wanted you to pay for his 1% salary.

he wanted to ask us to sign the commission contract but before we signed, we asked abt the commission.Then he kept all the documents in his file and stood us and ask us to leave the house!

I was so shocked! Usually agent will explain the purpose of commission and when we asked him why do we need to pay him commission when he did not even do anything for us like calculation of cost like how other agents does it but he said it's an entitlement and it is a must! How is an entitlement a must! He didn't even tell us what he will do for us. And even said he can always get another buyer who will pay him commission right in front of the owner. Even though it is the owner who wanted to sell the place to us!

Even if we wan to pay commission, I don't even feel like paying him! It's 4k plus for his commission! If he tried to negotiate the COV price for us or what at least I feel better giving him the commission. But he simply increased the price! Our offer from 32 to 38 to 42!

Agent's name: Johnny

Agent's number: 9188 2751

Edited by blueocean

Were you looking at the 4NG AMK Ave 5 flat ? Cos the flat is already co-broke (ie he is not the seller's agent) ... so he wanted you to pay for his 1% salary.

yes..so no co-broke and we have to pay him to ask us to leave the house? we ask if he's doing any calculation for us he also never say he will! So pay him for what? Just so he will "sell" us the house?? such diregards..

Sometimes when they say "already co-broked" is a nicer way of saying that he does not want to co-broke with you ;)

Anyway ... look for other units then ;) But the unit looks good - high floor rite ?

He doesnt really advertise often on the newspapers ... the last time was in Oct last year.

yes..so no co-broke and we have to pay him to ask us to leave the house? we ask if he's doing any calculation for us he also never say he will! So pay him for what? Just so he will "sell" us the house?? such diregards..
Edited by blueocean

Sometimes when they say "already co-broked" is a nicer way of saying that he does not want to co-broke with you ;)

Yeah, to me there's no such thing as "already cobroke".

blueocean, you use powersearch "CSI" him ah?

Edited by Plastic3

Be realised that, seller agents, especially those "exclusive agent" are at upper hand. Existing law cannot do anything to such. That was why before I signed the exclusive agreement, last year, for selling a condo unit, asked the agent to "observe" & "follow" some rules, and purposedly reminded her on a few occassions that the final discretion decision was by me, not her.

There was one occasion an Indian PR with agent came second time for viewing, and signed a check asked me to "consider the amount". The amount not hit bottom price i set. My agent "kept" (I refused to "take" on the spot, as I never asked him to sign cheque, not to mention giving me OTP)the cheque and told me: "be nice to customer", "just keep the cheque for a day or two then reject it lah" , "just don't give them the OTP, we keep selling!" - wow, very tactful!. I said to her: "You can keep the cheque", I did not lay a finger on this cheque.

Forget abt the agent, keep searching.

Edited by bepgof

all this bad ways only can end when an agent can only act for buyer or seller. dunno when this law will come to act. keep saying but no actions frm gahmen. many sellers also kena playout by agent who sell their house cheaply coz of getting extra from buyer, really not fair. i got a frend who paid an agent total of 5% comm both from selling and buying coz the agent told him that he got good deals for my frend wheras it was his duty in the 1st place!

all this bad ways only can end when an agent can only act for buyer or seller. dunno when this law will come to act. keep saying but no actions frm gahmen.

The day may be coming soon...

all this bad ways only can end when an agent can only act for buyer or seller. dunno when this law will come to act. keep saying but no actions frm gahmen. many sellers also kena playout by agent who sell their house cheaply coz of getting extra from buyer, really not fair. i got a frend who paid an agent total of 5% comm both from selling and buying coz the agent told him that he got good deals for my frend wheras it was his duty in the 1st place!

I pity your friend man. The extra money can be better spent on his renovation.

Any idea what's the name and handphone no. of your friend's agent? Post them out to warn others.

Edited by forgotten

This kind of agent very ya ya. Hopefully nobody will buy the flat from him. When during my searching for my resale flat that time, the seller agent represent seller and myself as I call up. I am so willing to give the 1% comm to the seller agent as he is so helpful to secure the flat for me before he pass away before 1st appt. His friend from the same company took over the job and complete the whole process for us. Total seller pay 1% comm and myself 1% comm.

hahah ! i was surprised he didnt have an entry on propertyguru leh ... so did the next best thing.

blueocean, you use powersearch "CSI" him ah?

My encounter with an agent when i was buying a place .... is that he kept the cheque for the offer amount and never told the owner. Probably used it as a form of nego with other buyers. He then returned the cheque to me a few days after.

Be realised that, seller agents, especially those "exclusive agent" are at upper hand. Existing law cannot do anything to such. That was why before I signed the exclusive agreement, last year, for selling a condo unit, asked the agent to "observe" & "follow" some rules, and purposedly reminded her on a few occassions that the final discretion decision was by me, not her.

There was one occasion an Indian PR with agent came second time for viewing, and signed a check asked me to "consider the amount". The amount not hit bottom price i set. My agent "kept" (I refused to "take" on the spot, as I never asked him to sign cheque, not to mention giving me OTP)the cheque and told me: "be nice to customer", "just keep the cheque for a day or two then reject it lah" , "just don't give them the OTP, we keep selling!" - wow, very tactful!. I said to her: "You can keep the cheque", I did not lay a finger on this cheque.

Forget abt the agent, keep searching.

hahah ! i was surprised he didnt have an entry on propertyguru leh ... so did the next best thing.

Haha, not all Agent have Propertyguru account....I also don't have, though I think I should get one :)

Actually, powersearch not that accurate...I tried searching for my ads from March but they're not reflected.....

hello i have encountered such agents before and i refuse to buy from him.

i have the following suggestions.

1. write to the straits time abt your experience.

2. write to feedback@saea.org.sg. this is the authority to lodge a complain against agents.

i have spoken to a lawyer before. basic of law is simple, u have have done work to deserve payment u can verify this by speaking to one yourself. there are a few pro bono services by the legal bodies that will give u free advice. if there is time, talk to one of them now. they can advise you on this deal. agent does not own the property the seller does. the agent is only a proxy to the owner. unless the owner refuses to sell the flat becuase you dont want to pay the agent, that is another story.

i think the once the otp is signed, the owner must let u consider for 14 days and he cannot offer to someone else it will be a breach of contract. i only hope you kept a copy of the documents.

actually i wished you had not left the house and called the police instead. if the agent gets into a brawl or threatens u, u might have a case against him. only the owner can thrown you out, the property belongs to the owner and only he can evict you. the agent does not have legal right to throw you out.

i am currently looking for a place of my own and if i encounter such agents they can expect me to get even, including getting a lawyer to kick his ***.

Edited by bigcatblue

This kind of agent very ya ya. Hopefully nobody will buy the flat from him. When during my searching for my resale flat that time, the seller agent represent seller and myself as I call up. I am so willing to give the 1% comm to the seller agent as he is so helpful to secure the flat for me before he pass away before 1st appt. His friend from the same company took over the job and complete the whole process for us. Total seller pay 1% comm and myself 1% comm.

Exactly! If the agent is helpful and nice,which I have met some of these nice ones, I don't mind paying the 1% coz they really deserve it. But not this kind of yaya agent! When I told him that I was not pleased with his attitude he actually has the cheek to say that it was because of the way we talked to him! I pay him commission not he pay me leh! What stupid attitude.