Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dexufto

We Live Love Laugh

yes Bro, it's a fixed grill (imprisionment)

Think I'm fine with it, prob just a little hussle.

I'm happy to share that the grills managed to flush with the common walls.

will post a pic the next time. I looks pretty gd wo the grills protruding out.

i see u are using fixed grille for your corridor windows....cleaning of windows might pose a problem?

PS: your corridor is clean and uncluttered compared to mine.... those inconsiderate neighbors put their potted plants shoecabinets and huge rubbermaids on the corridor, effectively cutting the already narrow pathway less than 3ft....

Only a bit? more bits can? :sport-smiley-004:

meanhile, I will scrunitise the grills for any 'holidays'

here, take take abit of this:

:) i bring the bottle for u to try (a bit) on the grille when i get the retro grille ok? :)

its really good!

Hi Mae29,

Thanks for dropping by.

Yes, i will be have 2 wardrobe systems: A pole-system as my WIW and another 'flexi-closet' systems

(refer to closetrobe and closetdesign for more pics). If you can, you might wanna consider the latter;

'flexi-closet' system for more practical reason.

Do luck for your curtain hunt and renovations.. :)

hi, Dex

Looks like my ID is also considering the pole system wardrobe for my master bedroom or the storage cabinet for my store room which will be hacked away.

Saw the Stolmen storage at Ikea and it is very exp!

Hello istel and edward, I'm glad to share these deals.

I'm happy that this T-Blog is able to benefit the greater whole.

Haha, there are nothing much I can do to the KP aunties, I don't suppose they will do much harm..

would they? hmm.. God knows the next thing, the whole block knows what you have liaoz. haha.

Edward, do you have anything else to purchase?

I have yet to share kitchen layouts, mattress purchase etc.. would do so when these items comes along as oppournity basis. :sport-smiley-018:

Hi Dex bro, your t-blog has been a wealth of great info again :)

I realized that there's quite a number of curious HDB aunties in SG that just sashays into flats that are doing reno without invitation and start asking questions haha... I met one of these aunties before when we were visiting one of my friend's place in Sengkang that was under reno also, I guess we're just too polite/paiseh to tell these aunties to bugger off...

Sorry to hear about your CNS gate experience... You're really good tempered and patient with them. I would have gone crazy and call the sales guy up to give him a good piece of my mind...

Wahh... you always have very good lobangs. What a steal. I should have done my reno after yours.... hahahahaha....

Anyway, the 2 guys on yr CNS pics are the same ones who came over to install mine. While, I think the quality of the gate delivered is not fantastic, I think those 2 guys are pretty hardworking and managed to rectify all the problems. My biggest complain will be the type of paint they use, really bad quality. Think have to re-paint it myself.

Yes, the malaysian cum china team is indeed hardworking.. I just don't understand how did the delivered stuffs ended up to be so bad.. giving everyone a bad first impression.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
This is our return trip to Top Lamp (johor Jaya), not that we have complains but return to purchase the remaining of our lights. I have intended to replace my 4 downlights of 2 x 18 watts with 3 Watts LED and Halogens (these are hefty 50W) with PLC fitted with Philip EasyScene dimmables. and the 'Lao3 Ban3 Nian2', boss gladly serviced me once again. :D

product2_en.gif

wah, i had initially considered EasyScene remote dimmable tubes cos they are very cool, control up to 100 bulbs and programmable in 4 groups.... coupled with the smooth dimming.... but price is real expensive. a starter kit with 2 bulbs and remotes cost 100+, and a replacement bulb cost $33+

i had earlier checked with their philips lighting support.... take note, to keep/maintain the brightness presets & grouping, the main lightswitch(es) has to be always on, so when the lights are turned off, it still consumes a little power to store the settings in memory. if the power is cut and restored later, u have to reprogram all the EasyScene tubes again.

That makes alot of sense, so it's somewhat like on"standby mode" consuming vampire wattage I suppose.

Couldn't find any articules supporting the actual power consumption.

Yea, it's rather costly and only certain store casrries this product,

managed to use my home-fix voucher from my Ariston oven purchase..

Thanks for the heads up neubie; wasn't aware of the reprograming portion. :good:

wah, i had initially considered EasyScene remote dimmable tubes cos they are very cool, control up to 100 bulbs and programmable in 4 groups.... coupled with the smooth dimming.... but price is real expensive. a starter kit with 2 bulbs and remotes cost 100+, and a replacement bulb cost $33+

i had earlier checked with their philips lighting support.... take note, to keep/maintain the brightness presets & grouping, the main lightswitch(es) has to be always on, so when the lights are turned off, it still consumes a little power to store the settings in memory. if the power is cut and restored later, u have to reprogram all the EasyScene tubes again.

Pleasure is all mine. ;)

Hi Dexufto,

Your T/blog is really useful. Found many useful tips. Thank you for sharing. :)

Edward, do you have anything else to purchase?

Waiting for Sitex for to buy a TV and maybe microwave oven (with 3 in 1 function). Bought my mattress and bedframe way way back before we even went for 1st appointment. Now kinda regret it.... lol.... After looking at my house and imagining the chunky storage bedframe we bought, dont know if it will look out of place.

Anyway what HTS did u buy? U got photos?

Sitex, a good place to look out for offers;

Remember to do your homework on the TV & mircowave.

there's also always pre/post christmas/ new year sales.. :sport-smiley-018:

Sales & Tactics

ps: don't be too caught up with those so-called "3 sets" at this price scam

Setup: Salesman goes on stage; indicating there's only 3 (or 5 sets) at this special price:

was $3xxx, then thereafter unveil to be $1XXX, suddenly hands are raised, 1, 2, sets are sold..

and there you are, out of fear of missing this deal, grab the last piece thinking you have got

a good catch.

Truth to the matter is; those earlier 2 sales are just decoys. And hopefully by toying with the

consumer's Kiasu mentally, forces him to make a hasty (maybe irrational) decision at tt limited time.

chances are there are many, many of this set available and what more, prices are probably usual

wkend salesprice.

So do your homework; e.g you know you intend to buy this e.g 50" plasma tv, note the sales price

(let's not even go to normal retail price). So you know you get the real deal when the price is right.

Display sets;

Certain display sets; e.g mircowave, refrigators are worth the buy, as they are not used for demostration

purposes. Check the terms and conditions, normal warranty still covers?

TV display- buy or not to buy? Some salespersons says that they are brand new for show only on this expo. But how creditable is it? There are no 'running hours" meters like a car to prove it. So even if you must buy,

the warranty, is it limited? or warranty is like of normal sets?

Do ask for any accessories it comes with, certain display are sold as "As is". E,g no 3D glasses, no delivery etc.

Waiting for Sitex for to buy a TV and maybe microwave oven (with 3 in 1 function). Bought my mattress and bedframe way way back before we even went for 1st appointment. Now kinda regret it.... lol.... After looking at my house and imagining the chunky storage bedframe we bought, dont know if it will look out of place.

Are you able to replace with another bedframe then?

I've gotten myself a storage bed as well, with a limited space of 3-room, i thought i sure could use all the storage locations which I possibly could find.

Edited by dexufto

Anyway what HTS did u buy? U got photos?

DSCN3086.jpg

BOSE LIFESTYLE V-30 HOME THEATER SYSTEM

This elegrant and easy-to-use system delivers superior performance for both music and video with HDMI connectivity and video upscaling capability. It produces with High Definition Video in 1080p resolution and 5.1 DTS Digital Surround Sound Audio that gives you a stunning home theater experience that you can never imagine.

It can be connected up to 4 external video sources including 2x HDMI and 5x external audio sources, all in Optical audio or Stereo and additionally with 2 coaxial audio.

The new concept is to allow you to hide away the bulky acoustimass module and media console together with the ugly cablings.... in this way only the elegant and small Digital Display Panel and the beautiful set of jewel speakers could be seen.

It also comes with FM/AM radio capability.

Winner of 2008 Red Dot Product Design award for "Best of best" in the home electronics category.

-source: iluvmybosesys

http://www.bose.com/popup/new_from/pop_v30_testimonial.jsp

19/11/10 (day 25)

False ceiling & Ligthing box

MBR Lbox

Notice the old school of thread & mark scheme.

DSCN3076.jpg

Before

DSCN3074.jpg

After

DSCN3080.jpg

Hall Lbox+Cove

When the KY guys were about half-way to completion of the Lbox&Cove installation,

my contractor stopped them and make ammendents:

1) the Cove lightings hinge-up portion is too low (1")

As such, the T5 and wires would be exposed made visible to the human eye,

2) Flaw proportion:

The intended space allocation for LBox+Cove is 45cm.

The allocation for the Lbox was too small, 25cm to fit the PLCs while the allocation for Cove was too wide, 20cm.

This will make the PLC all cramped towards the wall rather than centering in the middle making it look very out of proportion.

Major changes have to be made immediately else I live on with the flawed proportions.

I decided to go with my contractor.

The KY guys have to tear it down and rebuild again.

Edited by dexufto

The corrected Lbox width.

From a miserly 25cm to a 30cm

DSCN3077.jpg

The KY guys ordered a 2.5" hinge up instead.

DSCN3082.jpg

Ammended work in progress.

DSCN3081.jpg

2 days later, KY completed the false ceiling/ Cove installation.

Contractor commented the work is a little rough, nevertheless I'm satisified with their work.

Review of Kow Yee

Sales (knowledge, advice): 9/ 10

Installation (worksmanship): 8/10

Prices : 9/ 10.

quality of product/service: 9/10 (learning of their mistake that the initial Cove-hinge is low/ poor space allocation, they stripped the whole thing and reordered the bigger hinge)

aftersales: N.A

Edited by dexufto

6 x 3 LED downlights (3W) warmwhite for Hall & MBR RM$55 each

1 x 5 LED downlights (5W) coolwhite for showerroom RM$ 95

Top lamp (Johor Jaya) is located at no 74, Jalan Dedap 13, Taman Johor Jaya

81100 JB. (tel) 607-355 6909

would I recommend the shop? Definitely Yes. :good:

Hi dexufto, thanks for the really informative thread.

Interested to get LED lights for my new place too. Just want to ask for RM55, the 3W downlights include everything from housing to the bulb? meaning the electrician just need to connect the wires and it can work?

Cos read from other places that LED need a transformer or something like that for it to work or does it?

Do they sell LED equivalent of halogen lights that you're aware of?

Thanks!

Oh yes Gimz, I was pretty skeptical if the lao ban nian got the correct price for the model I requested for until we verified with the pictures. The price has now increased to RM$370 since then. Still, it's way cheaper than SG.

The hussle is making your way down to JB though the jam custom, and if suay usay touch wood, it comes faulty, have to remove it to return to JB. Warranty is covered neverthless.

Speaking of Kaypo.. A KP auntie actually walked right into my apt in my presence to see see look look (as if I'm transparent). Behaved like a HDB house seeker like that.. subsequently she explained that shes' s from this XX floor, saw my place was previously empty.. questioned what I did... why I did this... I was like.."Duh"

seems like there's other ppl monitoring my reno progress too. ha.

DSCN3028.jpg

Hi alkaline1, according to time and space, you would have completed your renovation liaoz.

You, my friend, is most welcome anytime, anyday :yamseng:

I just had my CNS gate/ grills installed last tuesday (GIMz, the retro-gate is ready for collection)

You are so right, the paint job/ handling is so bad and rough. :(

on another note, I must pay a visit to examined your ss CNS handle. :)

Yo yo, yup by right completed last Friday. However, things didn't go so smoothly at final stage, hence to postpone by a week.

1. Crippled by wrong wardrobe design even with picture furnished to contractor. Really duno what to say but disappointing as this is the only big flaw abt e contractor... hence they redo (now done).

2. Kitchen glass backing up nx week.

3. Incorrect nozzle for stove => cannot be used for govt gas when citygas came - even though we checked with the staff prior to purchase 8| , thus they replacing it w the right nozzle due to their negligence.

Rest all done up.

On CNS, u r so lucky to get the m'sian+china team. I got china+indian combo! Wonder did I suffer a worse treatment than u. My first reaction (same as u) when I saw the gate w paint gone like onion skin off :furious: Rest of the story U knew la... But very curious if this is a norm faced by everyone.

Just let me knw when u r heading down so can make a trip down too. Like seeing transformation as it lightens up the mood. Oo, really hats off the trespassing auntie lol

141110- Light shopping@ JB

A recommended place to shop locally in SG are www.lightings.com.sg and A-Lightings. The prices are reasonable and they have quite a large variety of selection.

Nevertheless, a good friend of mine introduced an alternative market; JB.

DSCN3015.jpg

DSCN3021.jpg

This is our return trip to Top Lamp (johor Jaya), not that we have complains but return to purchase the remaining of our lights. I have intended to replace my 4 downlights of 2 x 18 watts with 3 Watts LED and Halogens (these are hefty 50W) with PLC fitted with Philip EasyScene dimmables. and the 'Lao3 Ban3 Nian2', boss gladly serviced me once again. :D

product2_en.gif

hihi, may i noe the directions to go to the Jb light shop? if by driving.. thanks thanks

• Like 1

Hi sfk7;

The LED downlights comes as 1 piece of equipment, no additional transformer is necessary (or least that I know of)

so it requires your electrician to fix onto your running cables.

(Will let you know once I fix it tomorrow)

Yes, LED normally requires smaller voltages hence a transformer is required, not for the downlights.

For the LED strips that I previously mentioned (from online) you are required to purchase the transformer.

When you refer to halegon bulb, are you refering to the direct replacement, take out halogen, plug in LED or

are you are refering to the power equlavent (or what they call the lumens "brightness")

Hi dexufto, thanks for the really informative thread.

Interested to get LED lights for my new place too. Just want to ask for RM55, the 3W downlights include everything from housing to the bulb? meaning the electrician just need to connect the wires and it can work?

Cos read from other places that LED need a transformer or something like that for it to work or does it?

Do they sell LED equivalent of halogen lights that you're aware of?

Thanks!

Thanks again for the info. Shall await your installation and see the results.

Guess what I'm referring to is the Led equivalent of halogen spotlights that you usually see in reno magazines?

Haha. Not sure what I'm saying here too. Shall make a trip to JB soon when i come back from Genting early december so that any purchases i make will have bigger tax rebates.

Hmm.. Led strips need a transformer but the downlights doesnt? The housing has it taken care of?

Argh... technology

hihi, may i noe the directions to go to the Jb light shop? if by driving.. thanks thanks

Directions to TOPLAMP Johor Jaya- click here

toplamp.jpg

>Turn right to Tebarau Highway after JB Immigrations/ Shell station.

>maintain at Tebarau Highway(6.6km) then to Jalan Pandan (5.1km) - it should be route to desaru.

>After seeing Carrefour on left, prepare to filter left and exit to Johor Jaya at Aeon Tebaru City shopping ctr.

>Turn right to Johor Jaya after exiting highway

>Turn right after Damian Sports complex

>Turn left at Jalan Dedap 13.

> look out for the signage.

Edited by dexufto