Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dexufto

We Live Love Laugh

Wah... dex bro, seems like there's quite a number of defects... Your contractor managed to rectify them?

Noted there's like about 2 or 3 tiles that were affected, could be chipped suring transported process or during installation I guess. But after noting I still have 3 bags tiles unused (spares), I called Contractor to notify him my concerns. He says he would made a trip down the following day to inspect.

Do you have to pay extra to get it galvanised?

Yes, would cost an additional of $50 bucks.

Have you decided on your gate Edward? :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Noted there's like about 2 or 3 tiles that were affected, could be chipped suring transported process or during installation I guess. But after noting I still have 3 bags tiles unused (spares), I called Contractor to notify him my concerns. He says he would made a trip down the following day to inspect.

Yes, would cost an additional of $50 bucks.

Have you decided on your gate Edward? :)

Hi dexufto, I am thinking of the $188 gate + additional $50 to galvanise it. Which gate did you get? Are you changing the lock set?

Hi dexufto, I am thinking of the $188 gate + additional $50 to galvanise it. Which gate did you get? Are you changing the lock set?

Still the same CNS102 black, The $188 are of hollow quality.

I've decided to get the $250 piece with additional $50 - galvanised (total $300).

with 5 yrs warranty, still it's cheaper than most grill shops.

Will be retaining the lockset at this time :)

Edited by dexufto

Hello Peeks,

Just realised that it has been awhile since the blog has been update;

28/10/10 (day 16)

Tilings completed (mosaic, skirting),

common corridor window replaced with WPC sliding+ tophung.

IMG_0665.jpg

Added a kerb to the my main door

extension of 2 inches(w) by 1.5 inch (h) to the corridor to allow my wought iron to secure to the ground.

Have also raised additional 1.5 inch (h) kerb before the door closure;

After

IMG_0688.jpg

Before

DSCN2948.jpg

Originally the main hall was levelled to the man door followed by a 3" drop to the common corridor.

(some other apartments have steps up to their door; not mine) This allows the wrought to be secured to the extension, instead of having to secure to the corridor level, thus minimises contact with water when HDB does their cleaning/ raining. The rasied kerb also prevents water from getting into my place, thus avoiding damaging my laminates in the future.

Plastering also started.

IMG_0685.jpg

Edited by dexufto

Thanks Neubie :P

progressing nicely.... :D

Ya, looks like he is having fun actually,

he looks like he is starting to paint wall art! :D

Speaking of which;

011110 (day 18)

Plastering for whole house completed (hall+kitchen, both bedrooms)

The plastering looks good, the walls are clean and smooth

IMG_0682.jpg

The effects of plaster smoothing the showers extension to kitchen

After

IMG_0710.jpg

Before

IMG_0684.jpg

The corridor windows are slightly tinted. Intented to add additional solar flim (reflective) for the

added privacy from Home-fix.

Yes sir, there will be a L-Box with Cove lightings + false ceiling at the hall.

In fact, very similar to yours :)

will there be any ceiling works? your corridor windows are dark-tinted & clear?

Propose Electical/lighting Plan:

electricalplan.jpg

The corridor windows are slightly tinted. Intented to add additional solar flim (reflective) for the

added privacy from Home-fix.

Yes sir, there will be a L-Box with Cove lightings + false ceiling at the hall.

In fact, very similar to yours :)

Propose Electical/lighting Plan:

electricalplan.jpg

dex bro, check with you... how do you use the floorplanner.com?

I'm noob at it totally, any template I can use so that I don't have to draw all the rooms from ground up?

[edited: it's okay bro, I managed to complete drawing everything out -_-;;]

Your house also coming along nicely hee :)

How's your contractor so far? Happy with him?

Cheers!

Edited by istel

dex bro, check with you... how do you use the floorplanner.com?

I'm noob at it totally, any template I can use so that I don't have to draw all the rooms from ground up?

[edited: it's okay bro, I managed to complete drawing everything out -_-;;]

Your house also coming along nicely hee :)

How's your contractor so far? Happy with him?

Cheers!

Ust saw you updated T-Blog, looks like you are getting the hang of floorplanner :)

Do factor in the wall thickness of your walls, especiall those of thick bold ones. These denote the main pillars non-hackable.

There's one irritating pillar at the edge of my bathroom I can nothing to it. Argh!

Thanks for visiting;

I just visited my site under my contractors request.

Some major decisions for my waterpiping. I'm very happy with his services thus far;

I forgot to make delivery for my saintary and he made his way to personally to pick it up.. only to find that my selected storage heate was too large and had to return and change another one.

Bathroom and W.Cs- A.O.S building materials

Have purchased all my saintary stuffs namely; W.C, Grohe Mixers & rainshower, water-heater, basin+cabinet set, mirror cabinet and sliding door shower-screen.

One thing I'm thankful is that A.O.S is very accomodating to my needs;

Previously I've ordered a mirror cabinet.. and have to change the size not once but twice, and now I've just downgraded my water-heater from 30L t a 15L (my miserable small toilet is unable to accomodate)

Think I've been a difficult customer. :P

Excellent after-sales service. Can't wait for the items to be delivered on monday.

Edited by dexufto

Some major decisions for my waterpiping. I'm very happy with his services thus far;

I forgot to make delivery for my saintary and he made his way to personally to pick it up.. only to find that my selected storage heater

was too large and had to return and change another one.

tt's very good service. :)

031110- Electrical part1 (trunking) completed.

MBR casement window replaced.

Waterpiping commenced.

Had some decisions to make for my showers water piping: I had in mind not to run the (hot and cold) pipe from the rainshower mixers near the ground. I had almost scalded myself in such an occasion before; however should I run the water pipes up along the rainshowers, it would look cluttered and ugly.

After asking my colleagues, i decided to go with my contractor's decision. Run it 5" above ground along the shower windows wall.

Second task was fitting in my water storage heater.. a miss-calculation on my part, I've only allocated just enough space for the heater, moreover, the hot/cold outet runs downwards; and would make my already very small entry to W.C even smaller. Decision was to downgrade to a 30L storage heater to a 15L and relocated outside to the kitchen above my washing machine.

Works to be carried out the following week

4th Nov: Partition walls work

5th Nov: Closetrobe consultation.

7th Nov: Round 2: Lights shopping@ JB.

8th Nov: Delivery of remaining Saintary stuffs, Aircon installation, City Gas installation, laminates-floor measurements.

Second task was fitting in my water storage heater..........relocated outside to the kitchen above my washing machine.

hehe...exactly the same as me. :good:

my ID was trying to keep my kitchen walls and ceiling clean and was scratching his head :dunno: trying to figure out how to conceal my storage heater in either of the toilets. he think think think...until i told him to just install it outside lor. fix it above the washer, and since the washer is between the fridge and toilet entrance, anybody coming in frm my main door wun be able to see the heater until they walk into the kitchen. by den, they'll be distracted by the rest of the house, it wun be so obvious. no problem mah. so long as the pipes are neatly laid, it wun be ugly. :D