We Live Love Laugh

day 8 (20/10/10) Mansory continued

My tiles selections

My contractor offered a price range of bet $2.8- $3.4 for my tiles selection,

Applied Lachesis words of wisdom in from tiles selection;

Tip1: Tiles should speak to you

Tip2: Harmony in tiles

Tip3: Less is More

Which is all very true, Thanks Lachesis. ;)

We ended up with:

For Showers/ W.C Floor/Wall tiles

DSCN2892.jpg

DSCN2893.jpg

Kitchen Floor tiles

DSCN2896.jpg

Tiling in progress (W.C 50%, Shower 0%, Kitchen 0%)

DSCN2945.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Rubbish Chute replaced.

DSCN2941.jpg

Kitchen Floor evened, Cabinet base+ Backing up.

DSCN2942.jpg

Have just confirmed my wrought iron grill/gate with CNS. Despite of some bad critics, I went ahead anyway. Somehow cost is a factor here;

Met up with Simon as referred by baby81984 an gim63251073. Requested him to be thorough with the paint job to avoid the rust episode. Simon explained that the wrought irons sold previously wasn't galvanised treated (+$50), with that in mind he dare to offer warranty of 5 years. We took up the offer needless to say.

Total damage: $650 for CNS 102black Non-hollow, Glavanised gate+ CNS102 Black Grills.

Have just confirmed my wrought iron grill/gate with CNS. Despite of some bad critics, I went ahead anyway. Somehow cost is a factor here;

Met up with Simon as referred by baby81984 an gim63251073. Requested him to be thorough with the paint job to avoid the rust episode. Simon explained that the wrought irons sold previously wasn't galvanised treated (+$50), with that in mind he dare to offer warranty of 5 years. We took up the offer needless to say.

Total damage: $650 for CNS 102black Non-hollow, Glavanised gate+ CNS102 Black Grills.

yo, need any of my rust converter? :P

oh yes, do remember to put lots of newspapers/card box on the floor during the installation, the installers tend to spray touch up paint...my laminates still have some stains.. :(

When are you installing the grilles..? remember the deal hor... :)

HiHi,

Don't worry Gimz, I haven't forgotten about you

(i've ask my contractor to safekeep liaoz) :)

Haven't remove the grills yet, said to be on Fri (but I'm tied-up), you seriously want the gate also?

I was thinking if so, I can leave the grills at the utility room till the gates are down then you can just save

a trip down..

ONE GRILL down, One last Retro Grill for lelong, Anyone :P

btw, what DIY project do you have up your sleeve?

Saw the tyres you salvage for your coffee-table?

Will take note of the laminates work. Thankz! :D

yo, need any of my rust converter? :P

oh yes, do remember to put lots of newspapers/card box on the floor during the installation, the installers tend to spray touch up paint...my laminates still have some stains.. :(

When are you installing the grilles..? remember the deal hor... :)

Thanks manutd1972. Glory to HIM.

I'm sure that Big Guy up there is listening :)

Before I forget, welcome to Renotal, do you intend to have a T-Blog? let me know I can add you to the 3-roomers list.

Do update us after your viewing today. Everything shall be alrite.

oh should you require of Pregro laminates, PM me know cos I was offered an attractive price.

All the best.

Tks dexufto.

I haven't decided yet whether to have a T-Blog or not. I'm not much of a photo-taker you see. Today's already the 3rd day of hacking and i didn't even take a single photo of the hacking...haha.

Just to share, my 3D drawings went very very well. PTL! Nothing major to change at all. And I was very very happy with what I saw. We also finished selecting my materials today (drove so much today I felt like a taxi-driver...lol) and everything we chose is as close as possible to the colours rendered in the 3D drawings. Only the living floor tiles are a little different. Hope the effect turns out nice. Tomorrow will be on site for the electrician's initial laying of wiring. My first look of my place after all the hacking...lol.

Thanks for the offer of Pergo contact, but I've already given my word to Quick-Step that I'll be using their laminates for my bedroom flooring. David is coming tmr morning with the samples for my ID and I to choose. My flr area's pretty small anyway. Only about 150 sq feet. Thanks again.

Your reno looks like progressing very well. But the wrought iron gate seems a little pricey? $650? My ID quoted me $580 and I found $300+ ones. I also know about those $100+ ones from CNS. Hollow and "rust-able" I heard.

HiHi,

Don't worry Gimz, I haven't forgotten about you

(i've ask my contractor to safekeep liaoz) :)

Haven't remove the grills yet, said to be on Fri (but I'm tied-up), you seriously want the gate also?

I was thinking if so, I can leave the grills at the utility room till the gates are down then you can just save

a trip down..

ONE GRILL down, One last Retro Grill for lelong, Anyone :P

btw, what DIY project do you have up your sleeve?

Saw the tyres you salvage for your coffee-table?

Will take note of the laminates work. Thankz! :D

yesh yesh, please keep for me. :)

uhhh the grille/door gate will be part of our WIW...heeee actually gate was suggested by wife... :)

Yea, it does take some effort to take pictures and blog about the progress and once a while,

QnA from inquisitive. I'm perfectly fine with that (as long as my time allows me to). We were all once

ignorant and uncertain of the marketprices/ quotes of these renovation industry..

So, just hopen that this will serve as a guide for new home owners.

Nice to hear that your place is progressing well. *thumbs up*

Electrical ups already? that's fast. I've given my contractor 2 months for the renovation process,

guess that he must have really span it. No hurry to move in anyway. :)

Have you decided on the lighting/ electrical point or do you plan to leave it to your contractor?

No worries about the laminates, 150m2 is pretty small? for ONE bedroom I suppose?

Regarding the Wrought iron: it is $650 for 2 window grills AND one main gate.

yes, the rust eposide; anyway, any metal not treated/ painted will be subjected by natural's wrath..

CNS Simon has offered it to be galvanised and treated, said to be more lasting and hence throwing in 5 years

warranty.. well, time will tell.

Tks dexufto.

I haven't decided yet whether to have a T-Blog or not. I'm not much of a photo-taker you see. Today's already the 3rd day of hacking and i didn't even take a single photo of the hacking...haha.

Just to share, my 3D drawings went very very well. PTL! Nothing major to change at all. And I was very very happy with what I saw. We also finished selecting my materials today (drove so much today I felt like a taxi-driver...lol) and everything we chose is as close as possible to the colours rendered in the 3D drawings. Only the living floor tiles are a little different. Hope the effect turns out nice. Tomorrow will be on site for the electrician's initial laying of wiring. My first look of my place after all the hacking...lol.

Thanks for the offer of Pergo contact, but I've already given my word to Quick-Step that I'll be using their laminates for my bedroom flooring. David is coming tmr morning with the samples for my ID and I to choose. My flr area's pretty small anyway. Only about 150 sq feet. Thanks again.

Your reno looks like progressing very well. But the wrought iron gate seems a little pricey? $650? My ID quoted me $580 and I found $300+ ones. I also know about those $100+ ones from CNS. Hollow and "rust-able" I heard.

Ok, roger that,

I'm impressed by your ability to diy. ;)

Will revert to you in due time.

yesh yesh, please keep for me. :)

uhhh the grille/door gate will be part of our WIW...heeee actually gate was suggested by wife... :)

Yea, it does take some effort to take pictures and blog about the progress and once a while,

QnA from inquisitive. I'm perfectly fine with that (as long as my time allows me to). We were all once

ignorant and uncertain of the marketprices/ quotes of these renovation industry..

So, just hopen that this will serve as a guide for new home owners.

Nice to hear that your place is progressing well. *thumbs up*

Electrical ups already? that's fast. I've given my contractor 2 months for the renovation process,

guess that he must have really span it. No hurry to move in anyway. :)

Have you decided on the lighting/ electrical point or do you plan to leave it to your contractor?

No worries about the laminates, 150m2 is pretty small? for ONE bedroom I suppose?

yes, the rust eposide; anyway, any metal not treated/ painted will be subjected by natural's wrath..

CNS Simon has offered it to be galvanised and treated, said to be more lasting and hence throwing in 5 years

Thanks. Today is only the 1st day for electrical wiring. But my wall still haven't hack. So electrician can't do much today also. He can only do the hall and kitchen. Haha....I have less than 2 mths. Lighting plan was conceived together with ID. Only the grouping of lights and switches were decided by me.

Yea, my laminates are only for 1 bedroom.

Galvanised? Good. That'll keep rust away. i also nd wrought iron gate cos my current one is super old. its those 2-pc aluminium with metal rods running vertically and a metal plate running across in the middle. But seems like every well-known gate company has bad reviews. CNS, Wellmax, Ho Ho. Dunno about Sentat though. Everything weekend newspaper also got advertise. I've heard abt $300+ WI gates and since my ID is charging me $580, i told him to strike it out. use the funds to change windows for the whole house. WI gate, if i still have budget, i'll source myself. if no more budget, then next time then change together with the main door.

Hope your gate turns out well.

day 10 (22/10/10) -Tilings, leveling,

Tiling in progress (W.C 80%, Shower 80%, Kitchen 80%)

Wall tiles for WC & Shower are almost completed less floor tiles and mosaic.

Kitchen are left with skitings.

DSCN2970.jpg

A closer inspection in the shower room shows that

there's a 2mm- 5mm chipped on tiles; do you guys change these?

DSCN2962.jpg

DSCN2960.jpg

Basin drainage in showerarea is missing! quickly notified my main-contractor.

Do note that your subcons whom does your mansory (plastering, wetworks) require to allocate drainage for your kitchen sink, washing machine, shower basin. Make sure there's floor-traps catered for kitchen and shower areas. Do KIV the drainage point for your a/c as well

Looks off, would get it changed to the metal ones.

DSCN2973.jpg

Bedrooms are levelled equal with Hall.

Doorframes delivered.

DSCN2967.jpg

DSCN2971.jpg

Replacement for common-corridor windows are originally scheduled on 23/10/10- delayed.

Decided to add my MBR's casement window to the list when i realised the handles are broken and screens pretty bad. Previous tenants didn't borther to maintain and take care.

DSCN2909.jpg

Bedrooms are levelled equal with Hall.

Doorframes delivered.

DSCN2967.jpg

DSCN2971.jpg

Replacement for common-corridor windows are originally scheduled on 23/10/10- delayed.

Decided to add my MBR's casement window to the list when i realised the handles are broken and screens pretty bad. Previous tenants didn't borther to maintain and take care.

DSCN2909.jpg

i think floor leveling got to use bubble spirit level meter to check one....not by naked eye....

window handles can be replaced easily w/o changing entire thing...

i think floor leveling got to use bubble spirit level meter to check one....not by naked eye....

window handles can be replaced easily w/o changing entire thing...

There was several defects noted on the windows including broken handle for top hung, minor chip and sticky adhesive on the panes and loose locking mechanism. Figured too much of hassle to retify all these defects..

When I mean level, I also refer to the same foundation as my hall, previously there was a notable 50mm drop into the bedrooms.

Bubble spirits? I saw the subcon using the water hose to mark the horizon of the water level. i suppose you are refering to that?

day 10 (22/10/10) -Tilings, leveling,

A closer inspection in the shower room shows that

there's a 2mm- 5mm chipped on tiles; do you guys change these?

DSCN2962.jpg

DSCN2960.jpg

i think u shld get them to change the chipped tiles. :). they shld hv buffer for such things. usually thr will be extra tiles left over, so they'll just take frm these extra tiles and replace the chipped ones with these. it just means they got less tiles to pass to u during handover.

i think u shld get them to change the chipped tiles. :). they shld hv buffer for such things. usually thr will be extra tiles left over, so they'll just take frm these extra tiles and replace the chipped ones with these. it just means they got less tiles to pass to u during handover.

Wah... dex bro, seems like there's quite a number of defects... Your contractor managed to rectify them?

Do you have to pay extra to get it galvanised?