Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dexufto

We Live Love Laugh

Haha, we are blessed by our heavenly Father. :)

Long storym just to sum up, were were at the correct time and at the correct place.

You can refer to my earlier post

My MBR will be extending 60cm into the other bedroom for WIW.

Meanwhile there will be a shoe/ tv console for the Hall (240cm).

Waaa.....dexufto, you got your toa payoh flat for 280 + 8k????? Amazing. I thought toa payoh is one of pricest. BTW, you knock down so many walls, what are you going to do with the rooms?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

day5 (15/10/10). Mansory works commenced.

Excessive cables removed, gas-pipe/ waterpipe removed.

Extended Dry-area in showers up.

View from Showers

DSCN2904.jpg

View from kitchen

DSCN2903.jpg

View from Showers

DSCN2904.jpg

View from kitchen

DSCN2903.jpg

cool!!! but make sure to give ample time for the hollow walls to dry before screeding and painting, else hairline cracks will develop (due to shrinkage of cement) over the outlines...

View from Showers

DSCN2904.jpg

View from kitchen

DSCN2903.jpg

Wah... nice :) but does it eat a lot into your kitchen space since it doesn't sit flush with the current wall beside it?

Wah... nice :) but does it eat a lot into your kitchen space since it doesn't sit flush with the current wall beside it?

well i think, if the hollow-block wall were to flush with the kitchen wall, it's only a max gain of 1ft for the bathroom, not here not there....

day3: site-visit by contractor and Aircon guys

Went through the floorplan with Edmund again, decided to reroute the bulky sewage pipe at the

entrance to the showers.

Also went through the layout of the a/c trunking with the A/C guys.

They were experienced and were able to recommended solutions to avoid the unsightly clutter of a/c trunkings. Heeded Edmund's recommendation to having the Hall A/C fancoil at the rear of hall.

Goodluck for your purchase.

I've also decided to get the aircon from Aron after his ppl came to measure yesterday

Hopefully he is as reliable as mentioned in the aircon thread... :D

well i think, if the hollow-block wall were to flush with the kitchen wall, it's only a max gain of 1ft for the bathroom, not here not there....

Yea, Neubie's right, the extension measures slightly more than a foot from the left.

I'm actually prepared to sacrifice kitchen width for the extension, but alas!

HDB has restriction on Bath-extension

Maximum width and area of extension Must not be more than 600 mm and 0.6 m2 respectively, and Must be used only as a "dry area" For example, for installation of wash basin or shelves

I would very much love to flush the extension with my full-kitchen cabinet to give a seamless look..

however had to follow the regulations. Tsk Tsk.

(yfi earlier intention of making the extension a shower area was not approved, at least I tried)

Previously while I was HDB hunting, I came across such layout, guess that it was an illegal modification.

My extension measures 0.6m x 0.9m =0.54m2 area.

Edited by dexufto

Yea, Neubie's right, the extension measures slightly more than a foot from the left.

I'm actually prepared to sacrifice kitchen width for the extension, but alas!

HDB has restriction on Bath-extension

Maximum width and area of extension Must not be more than 600 mm and 0.6 m2 respectively, and Must be used only as a "dry area" For example, for installation of wash basin or shelves

I would very much love to flush the extension with my full-kitchen cabinet to give a seamless look..

however had to follow the regulations. Tsk Tsk.

(yfi earlier intention of making the extension a shower area was not approved, at least I tried)

Previously while I was HDB hunting, I came across such layout, guess that it was an illegal modification.

My extension measures 0.6m x 0.9m =0.54m2 area.

have to be careful with illegal/unauthorised modification as before resale completion, if TO see something unauthorised, seller have to make good....

have to be careful with illegal/unauthorised modification as before resale completion, if TO see something unauthorised, seller have to make good....

Yup, my contractor did warn me about this as well, not that we wanna sell this place anyway.

What I do not understand is, isn't the kitchen considered a wet-area as well?

Was informed somewhere that waterproofing was done, and with that 75mm drop..which caters to the old school of splash & scrub for kitchen floorwashing.

That is the rational for 50mm raised mortatr platform for kitchen-cabinets, washing machine, fridges anyway isn't it?

else for what? obstacle course for Xiao-Qiang and army?

Edited by dexufto

Yup, my contractor did warn me about this as well, not that we wanna sell this place anyway.

What I do not understand is, isn't the kitchen considered a wet-area as well?

Was informed somewhere that waterproofing was done, and with that 75mm drop..which caters to the old school of splash & scrub for kitchen floorwashing.

That is the rational for 50mm raised mortatr platform for kitchen-cabinets, washing machine, fridges anyway isn't it?

else for what? obstacle course for Xiao-Qiang and army?

i din use 50mm base for fridge/wm liao... i mean how often do i flood the kitchen while washing floor?

Well said guys!

Let this be a lesson for all people,

I didn't dwell much on the additional 50mm rise, probably dismissed as some SOP for kitchen items.

Moreover, it restricts your future household equipment (fridge/ washingmachine), having to limit its

size to that of your previous equipment should it needs replacement.

Might have save some money in the process as well. :bangwall:

Anyway, back to the orignial topic: isn't kitchen a wet-area? then why extension is prohibited?

i din use 50mm base for fridge/wm liao... i mean how often do i flood the kitchen while washing floor?

Practical words. Agree with you.

Well said guys!

I didn't dwell much on the additional 50mm rise, probably dismissed as some SOP for kitchen items.

Moreover, it restricts your future household equipment (fridge/ washingmachine), having to limit its

Anyway, back to the orignial topic: isn't kitchen a wet-area? then why extension is prohibited?

just a wild guess, when the original architect (is he still around????) in the 70's din foresee HDB housing would last so long, hence the initial allocated floor usage for bathroom may have additional special waterproofing treatment more than the kitchen, which may not be as "wet" compared to bathroom....

Hi adam72,

I signed the OTP before knowing the valuation price actually.

there's a similar unit on a low floor which we viewed before, that fetched bout $270k. Ours a high unit.

Eventually, the valuation price came to be $280k + $8k COV.

We are blessed.

oh my gosh!!...8k COV for a high floor unit in Toa Payoh, and only 8mins frm TP mrt. You are not blessed. You are ultra-blessed. PTL!

I paid 30K for my 3rm unit at jurong east. but i'm happy wif it. bought frm an owner who's a fellow sister-in-C and very flexible with my requests for early handover for early reno start.

looks like a lot of 3-roomers here on RT...hehe. my reno just started on Mon, 18th. and guess wat, i've yet to select materials or see any 3D drawings frm my ID. hopefully everything will be as expected when i see them later today, 20th. So we can proceed immediately to tiles and laminate selection. A bit frustrated in recent weeks but praying that the Big Man up there will ensure things go smoothly for me to move in early Dec. Else i'll have no place to stay come 1st week of Dec.... :o

and yes, I totally agree with you that the term ID is too loosely used here.

Update: Manage to salvage the 50mm situation, had a conversation with Contractor, he shares my view that it is not necessary and would look better (more sleek) w/o it. He will refund me the money at the end of the day :D

He recommended me to level my bedrooms floor though, and offered me his contractor price.. hmm.

Well said guys!

Haha, he probably thinks that ppl are still flooding the floors 30 years down the road.

just a wild guess, when the original architect (is he still around????) in the 70's din foresee HDB housing would last so long, hence the initial allocated floor usage for bathroom may have additional special waterproofing treatment more than the kitchen, which may not be as "wet" compared to bathroom....

Thanks manutd1972. Glory to HIM.

I'm sure that Big Guy up there is listening :)

Before I forget, welcome to Renotal, do you intend to have a T-Blog? let me know I can add you to the 3-roomers list.

Do update us after your viewing today. Everything shall be alrite.

oh should you require of Pregro laminates, PM me know cos I was offered an attractive price.

All the best.

oh my gosh!!...8k COV for a high floor unit in Toa Payoh, and only 8mins frm TP mrt. You are not blessed. You are ultra-blessed. PTL!

I paid 30K for my 3rm unit at jurong east. but i'm happy wif it. bought frm an owner who's a fellow sister-in-C and very flexible with my requests for early handover for early reno start.

looks like a lot of 3-roomers here on RT...hehe. my reno just started on Mon, 18th. and guess wat, i've yet to select materials or see any 3D drawings frm my ID. hopefully everything will be as expected when i see them later today, 20th. So we can proceed immediately to tiles and laminate selection. A bit frustrated in recent weeks but praying that the Big Man up there will ensure things go smoothly for me to move in early Dec. Else i'll have no place to stay come 1st week of Dec.... :o

and yes, I totally agree with you that the term ID is too loosely used here.