Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
neubie

Hdb Architects Should Be Shot!

I feel that old type of house design is better as more privacy. My friend that stay in sengkang 700 series, the kitchen to their neighour kitchen is so near less than 5m. You can see their kitchen so clearly, no privacy at all. But what to do, now can get a flat in BTO already consider very lucky, so LL.

if neighbours gum gum, can always run some cord across the 2 kitchens and borrow some salt/sugar when run out.... :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
older units although have old fashioned big kitchen but they have something new flats rarely match. That is squarish layout. U wil only knw the diffculty when doing reno and placing of furnitures. new flats have many odd spaces(wastage) al this add up to the floor area which is already small. compare a old 4NG 91 sqm and new 4A 91sqm u will be surprised by the difference.

Fully agree with you. Now my wife do laundry, few hours can dry already as ours is those old style using bamboo sticks type. :dancingqueen: When I stay sengkang last time, laundry 1 whole day still not dry just because of the laundry area design :curse:

Edited by davidbslee

Fully agree with you. Now my wife do laundry, few hours can dry already as ours is those old style using bamboo sticks type. :dancingqueen: When I stay sengkang last time, laundry 1 whole day still not dry just because of the laundry area design :curse:

looks like i die die also must get a dryer liao .. was thinking of not getting one first, test out the sun before deciding, but now ...

is time to get those old hdb architects to come out of retirement and give the newbies the old ideas. Exterior of new HDB is ofcoz better nowdays but the fact is the interior we are living and dwelling. why not make it simple and avoid all the odd shapes.most of the new 3 bedroom are so small and 1 of the rooms is totally not practical to be used as bedroom but juz a study or playarea. 10 years back price abt 100k and wait was not long..so still ok// now is double wait and triple price. to get this small and odd units is not worth and only make older flats more sexier :D

is time to get those old hdb architects to come out of retirement and give the newbies the old ideas. Exterior of new HDB is ofcoz better nowdays but the fact is the interior we are living and dwelling. why not make it simple and avoid all the odd shapes.most of the new 3 bedroom are so small and 1 of the rooms is totally not practical to be used as bedroom but juz a study or playarea. 10 years back price abt 100k and wait was not long..so still ok// now is double wait and triple price. to get this small and odd units is not worth and only make older flats more sexier :D

very the true...好看不好吃 :)

New flat better than old flat, better with no kitchen or small kitchen. I envy those people. 안 맛있어

First time see Korean words here, those 0, 1, 2..., Dean, are u a Korean?

Edited by bepgof

very the true...好看不好吃 :)

Ppls need to first, then know 好不好吃, & 好不好看.

Often, after eaten then say not nice to eat & look not nice. Why like that har?

Edited by bepgof

Another "screw up" design - blk140, bedok north, viewed last year. Original MBR built with not windows! Worst than a prison cell.

Edited by bepgof

Another "screw up" design - blk140, bedok north, viewed last year. Original MBR built with not windows! Worst than a prison cell.

Haha! You mean totally no window in MBR? If yes, this is confirm no diff from prison cell as you said. 8|

Haha! You mean totally no window in MBR? If yes, this is confirm no diff from prison cell as you said. 8|

so will this imply this block enbloc akan datang? :P

The highwater mark of practical and attractive HDB design would be the late 80s early 90s flats that were built in areas such as Bishan, Tampines, Pasir Ris, Bukit Batok. I remember Tampines actually won an international award for livable housing design. Those flats themselves were large, square and well laid out. The estates show good variety of high and low blocks to break the monotony of high density living.

Sad to say, we don't see that anymore. When I was in the market for a resale flat, these were the generation of flats I was specifically looking for.

That kitchen is just the right size! For me at least ... If i have a flat layout like that, could have saved a lot of efforts shrinking the kitchen to the present size.

i doubt hdb will ever be so stupid... absolutely sure?