Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
binka

Hdb: Possible To Do A Mezzanine Floor?

Hi all gurus,

Would it be possible to do a mezzanine floor for those living in a loft unit? Would it be violating any HDB rules? Examples would be like below.

2en7vau.jpg

14vjvpx.jpg

10nc9dz.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all gurus,

Would it be possible to do a mezzanine floor for those living in a loft unit? Would it be violating any HDB rules? Examples would be like below.

2en7vau.jpg

14vjvpx.jpg

10nc9dz.jpg

No one knows?

Nope. Not for sure. I also dont think HDB ceilings are high enough to construct a loft.
Hi,

I got a HDB loft, so am thinking of doing up a mezzanine level.

there are ceiling taller then 2.7m in HDB some can go as high as 3.7m with slope roofing.

but having something like those in the pics i dun think HDB will allow.

if done by carpentry... dun think got any restriction.

If use concrete or bricks. HDB will not approve

I read fom Home & Decor some time back about a condo unit that used metal frame (non-permanent structure) and glass. Very Manhattan loft feel. Need PE for that tho for safety reason.

And yeah, HDB will not approve permanent structures that increase the floor space. It's clearly stated in the HDB renovation guidelines. Even for maisonettes where sometimes there are 'void' areas, HDB will usually not allow the 'void' to be covered up (tho I've heard of some exceptions where wardrobes are constructed to cover the 'void').

if done by carpentry... dun think got any restriction.

If use concrete or bricks. HDB will not approve

Hdb will always not approve if u do submission. As mention by dinobros, by carpentry,

Example if buy double storey bed is it consider mezzanine the area? Need GFA? Ura need approve the bed?

If yes, I think last time I sleep in army camp all have to remove the bed. All ppl purchased those double storey bed will

Need to throw away.

So mezzanine thing is a " " thing. So can be approve and some can't

HDB will never approve. We tried..

They also say something about height of storage below bed cannot be too high to prevent us from playing around the rules and making loft bed area.

Loft bed also cannot... HDB.... haiizzz

So our ID had to come up with something else for us to achieve the New York soho Loft feel....

HDB will never approve. We tried..

They also say something about height of storage below bed cannot be too high to prevent us from playing around the rules and making loft bed area.

Loft bed also cannot... HDB.... haiizzz

So our ID had to come up with something else for us to achieve the New York soho Loft feel....

Can intro your ID?

Thanks.

On 3/15/2014 at 1:14 PM, Lazyboy said:

Can intro your ID?

Thanks.

HI Lazyboy, my ID is JUN from <removed> Tell him the owner from Pinnacle at Duxton says "hi...!"