Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Leslyn Tan

Homegenious Gloss Or Mat.---- Any Advise ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I personal view i prefer glossy.. will have shiny effect n will look more spacious cos of reflective...

From personal experience, best to go for gloss. Easy maintenance. Matt is good in a sense that the surface is hardly slippery when wet, but it does trap dirt easy and the dirt is difficult to remove. Some points for you to consider

From personal experience, best to go for gloss. Easy maintenance. Matt is good in a sense that the surface is hardly slippery when wet, but it does trap dirt easy and the dirt is difficult to remove. Some points for you to consider

i am doing matt and loving it!

i am doing matt and loving it!

Yes, it looks very nice. I choose the one that looks like parquet for my bedrooms but I am afraid that it will scratch easily as compared to shiny one.

Anyone knows whether it is difficult to maintain? Thanks.

Yes, it looks very nice. I choose the one that looks like parquet for my bedrooms but I am afraid that it will scratch easily as compared to shiny one.

Anyone knows whether it is difficult to maintain? Thanks.

My main con recommend me the same when I ask for oak wood flooring then change to parquet. I rejected his recommendation as I feel that wood should be wood and tiles should e tiles... what's the point of having "fake" wood just for the sake of it.

$0.02

BTW, this thread is started my my wife, and hopefully she have finally decided her choice of tiles for our living *cough cough*

Edited by Eurypylus

My main con recommend me the same when I ask for oak wood flooring then change to parquet. I rejected his recommendation as I feel that wood should be wood and tiles should e tiles... what's the point of having "fake" wood just for the sake of it.

$0.02

BTW, this thread is started my my wife, and hopefully she have finally decided her choice of tiles for our living *cough cough*

Thanks but I don't have budget to do parquet yet I like the look...I heard my friends say laminate difficult to maintain so didn't consider that.

Thanks but I don't have budget to do parquet yet I like the look...I heard my friends say laminate difficult to maintain so didn't consider that.

I've seen the "parquet like" tile at LSH, they look rather artificial to me., but at the end of the day, different people different taste.

Yeah I'll stay away from laminate for sure.

I've seen the "parquet like" tile at LSH, they look rather artificial to me., but at the end of the day, different people different taste.

Yeah I'll stay away from laminate for sure.

Hehe, also different budget...

Hehe, also different budget...

Any ideal what's the price difference? My contractor quote me everything lump sum so I've no ideal at all how much psf.

My plan is to reno my flat once in a lifetime, so I'm throwing every in. At the end of the job, I'll probably post here asking where to buy the cheapest rice :bangwall:

Any ideal what's the price difference? My contractor quote me everything lump sum so I've no ideal at all how much psf.

My plan is to reno my flat once in a lifetime, so I'm throwing every in. At the end of the job, I'll probably post here asking where to buy the cheapest rice :bangwall:

when contractor quote u a price for flooring, it's a number that bunch up everything (labour + material). After u signed, they'll bring u to select tiles. Then they'll tell u, u can only select tiles that cost <$x.xx psf. So u can't break up that number, coz they'll eat up the unused as profits. If u select >$x.xx psf tiles, then u will have to do a top-up.

when contractor quote u a price for flooring, it's a number that bunch up everything (labour + material). After u signed, they'll bring u to select tiles. Then they'll tell u, u can only select tiles that cost <$x.xx psf. So u can't break up that number, coz they'll eat up the unused as profits. If u select >$x.xx psf tiles, then u will have to do a top-up.

Its just the same as you go to hawker and ask for less rice with no discount, but if you want more then have to top up :(