Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Krono Original Laminate Flooring

Has anyone recently engage krono original to do their flooring? I tried asking a few ID to include krono original but they dun seems to be able to do so. Why? Will I have any problem if I engage krono then ask my ID to coordinate with them?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Has anyone recently engage krono original to do their flooring? I tried asking a few ID to include krono original but they dun seems to be able to do so. Why? Will I have any problem if I engage krono then ask my ID to coordinate with them?

hi Tana0005, it's commercial. ID here do not get paid a professional fee for their works like they used to. Lower cost products are favoured, as they allow bigger profit margins for them; which is why low-cost China-made laminate floorings are the standard materials for them. Just remember, they do not have to live with the flooring, but the homeowner will have to live with it for a very long time!

Judging from the margins that the ID are operating on today, I would rather pay 15%, or even 20% as professional fee :D

This is the latest European brand that hit town, from the largest manufacturer in Germany. www.krono-original.com

They have on display at the S'pore Expo fair now 3 ranges of floorings, which imo offer fantastic value for your money :)

The basic range is Castello; a 8mm (not crappy 7mm stuff) AC4 quality which comes with a licenced Uniclic joint.

A 12mm! AC5! range call Floordreams that comes with a special backing and using a licenced Valinge click joint.

And the one that I like most is Kronostep; very realistic wood texture, with the tactile surface (similar to Quick-Step Largo) that you can only find in much higher priced products. This is an 8mm, AC4 plank that comes with a licenced Valinge click.

For laminate floor hunters, this is definitely a brand worth checking out.

Hi, was wondering what sort of pricing is Kronostep offered at? I'm overseas so can't easily go look for myself and there doesn't seem to be a professional website in SG for this range? I'm going to have a look at the products by the same company here in China but know how they compare on pricing against e.g. Pergo family or Quickstep Eligna or perhaps Pergo Practiq/Quickstep Largo would be really useful. Thanks

Hi, was wondering what sort of pricing is Kronostep offered at? I'm overseas so can't easily go look for myself and there doesn't seem to be a professional website in SG for this range? I'm going to have a look at the products by the same company here in China but know how they compare on pricing against e.g. Pergo family or Quickstep Eligna or perhaps Pergo Practiq/Quickstep Largo would be really useful. Thanks

Hi. I was quoted $5.50 for kronostep at the home furnishing fair last weekend. Also, they have the certificate of origin as Germany, and the stamp behind each plank stating -made in germany - and the date of manufacture as well. The threadstarter did mentioned that the products in China and Russia are different, so be careful if you are planning to buy them there. :)

Jz to share again, I had on late last year installed the Castello range for my entire home less wet area..

really... it change the look & feel of my plc... the embossed grain of each board looks beautiful & texture feel shiok when u walk on it..

Though not sure of the durability cz barely installed few mths only... hopefully it can last all the way permanently, and with no problem for normal residential usage...

Despite there's some minor hiccup on the delivery, the overall result made me feel its worth it.. Also the sales staff serving my account has been quite responsive and they managed to help me squeeze to complete work before Christmas, so that i can give it as a christmas present to my family..

Jz to share again, I had on late last year installed the Castello range for my entire home less wet area..

really... it change the look & feel of my plc... the embossed grain of each board looks beautiful & texture feel shiok when u walk on it..

Though not sure of the durability cz barely installed few mths only... hopefully it can last all the way permanently, and with no problem for normal residential usage...

Despite there's some minor hiccup on the delivery, the overall result made me feel its worth it.. Also the sales staff serving my account has been quite responsive and they managed to help me squeeze to complete work before Christmas, so that i can give it as a christmas present to my family..

Hi acevin, really encouraged by what you wrote, and like you, I am debating on the kronostep because of budget. Maybe I will just do my living and dining room first, and the bedrooms another time.

Hi all

I am new to this forum. I have just signed up with The Oriqin Company Pte Ltd to do the Kronos laminates for my whole house yesterday.

Just to share with you...

When I first visited EXPO on Saturday, I was introduced to this P****a laminates. Went back to do a search from the website and couldn't find any info regarding this laminates. Instead I happened to read a lot from the forums regarding laminates made from the various Asia countries that cost less probably than $3 but was marked at high price to pass off as European products. As hubby and I are quite determine to do laminates, we quickly called the boss to clarify the origin of the laminates. He confidently replied they are from Germany. Okie, we are convinced and rushed down yesterday at 7.15pm, ready to sign with P****a.

This time, I entered the other entrance of the exhibition and chanced upon Kronos Original. Stop to take a look at the laminates and we were immediately impressed by the texture and colors. Then this nice sale person standing beside us asked if we need any help. Though time was pressing and we thought probably these are the so-called high end product that is going to go beyond our budget, we still asked for a quick introduction.

The first point he brought up immediately impressed us! Each piece of the laminate cames with their own certificate number and maunfactured details printed on the back. He further introduced us their brand's factory and certification from Germany. Unlike the salesperson from P****a, this Kronos rep was very professional in delivering his product knowledge. No hardsell or gimmicks such as showing you the last few invoices or claiming that the prices are increasing, etc. Just a straight forward quote that Castello is $4.50 while classic and floordream is $5.50 at exhibition. Showflat will be $1 more for each range. I was quoted $4.10 for P****a!!! Moreover, the skirting provided by Kronos is the original ones that come in the set while I noted from several forums that usually the skirting provided by other companies are just matching ones that are made in Asia countries and they would need to top up for original ones.

We struggled for 2 hours and finally made the decision. I must say the Kronos rep is really very patient as the discussion between hubby and I keep going out of track. By the way, before I leave the hall, I walked pass this Lourve ID and the rep told me I made a good choice! Feel so delighted.

Overall, we exceeded our budget for almost $2K but I believe the quality is worth it. If anyone is interested in my Kronos salesperson, do feel free to contact me for his contact.

Now I am going to headaches which design to choose from. Any suggestion?

Hi. I was quoted $5.50 for kronostep at the home furnishing fair last weekend. Also, they have the certificate of origin as Germany, and the stamp behind each plank stating -made in germany - and the date of manufacture as well. The threadstarter did mentioned that the products in China and Russia are different, so be careful if you are planning to buy them there. :)

Hi Symphony,

Appreciate your taking the time to respond in such detail. The choice here in China is indeed bewildering as the market is huge so there are literally hundreds of suppliers and each one's range is often vast. I plan to make the purchases in Singapore so as you say will need to ensure we see the actual product prior to purchase.

Many thanks again!

Hi Symphony,

Appreciate your taking the time to respond in such detail. The choice here in China is indeed bewildering as the market is huge so there are literally hundreds of suppliers and each one's range is often vast. I plan to make the purchases in Singapore so as you say will need to ensure we see the actual product prior to purchase.

Many thanks again!

You are welcome :D and personally I do not care for China-made laminate floorings, even if they are not bug-infested aka Floorrich :P

Edited by symphony

Hi all

I am new to this forum. I have just signed up with The Oriqin Company Pte Ltd to do the Kronos laminates for my whole house yesterday.

Just to share with you...

When I first visited EXPO on Saturday, I was introduced to this P****a laminates. Went back to do a search from the website and couldn't find any info regarding this laminates. Instead I happened to read a lot from the forums regarding laminates made from the various Asia countries that cost less probably than $3 but was marked at high price to pass off as European products. As hubby and I are quite determine to do laminates, we quickly called the boss to clarify the origin of the laminates. He confidently replied they are from Germany. Okie, we are convinced and rushed down yesterday at 7.15pm, ready to sign with P****a.

This time, I entered the other entrance of the exhibition and chanced upon Kronos Original. Stop to take a look at the laminates and we were immediately impressed by the texture and colors. Then this nice sale person standing beside us asked if we need any help. Though time was pressing and we thought probably these are the so-called high end product that is going to go beyond our budget, we still asked for a quick introduction.

The first point he brought up immediately impressed us! Each piece of the laminate cames with their own certificate number and maunfactured details printed on the back. He further introduced us their brand's factory and certification from Germany. Unlike the salesperson from P****a, this Kronos rep was very professional in delivering his product knowledge. No hardsell or gimmicks such as showing you the last few invoices or claiming that the prices are increasing, etc. Just a straight forward quote that Castello is $4.50 while classic and floordream is $5.50 at exhibition. Showflat will be $1 more for each range. I was quoted $4.10 for P****a!!! Moreover, the skirting provided by Kronos is the original ones that come in the set while I noted from several forums that usually the skirting provided by other companies are just matching ones that are made in Asia countries and they would need to top up for original ones.

We struggled for 2 hours and finally made the decision. I must say the Kronos rep is really very patient as the discussion between hubby and I keep going out of track. By the way, before I leave the hall, I walked pass this Lourve ID and the rep told me I made a good choice! Feel so delighted.

Overall, we exceeded our budget for almost $2K but I believe the quality is worth it. If anyone is interested in my Kronos salesperson, do feel free to contact me for his contact.

Now I am going to headaches which design to choose from. Any suggestion?

Hi Mrs SCP

Can you please share the Krono salesperson contact please - am in the mist of finalising plans to renovate my new flat. Thanks

Hi

I am new to this forum. Can anyone tell me if the Krono-original Castello Classic, Highland Oak is a good product and will wear well. I am about to have all my carpets in my townhouse ripped out and this product installed. So it will be in my bedroom, spare room, staircase and downstairs in lounge/tv room. Do you think this product is a good choice, I like the colour.

Thanks

Jay

Hi

I am new to this forum. Can anyone tell me if the Krono-original Castello Classic, Highland Oak is a good product and will wear well. I am about to have all my carpets in my townhouse ripped out and this product installed. So it will be in my bedroom, spare room, staircase and downstairs in lounge/tv room. Do you think this product is a good choice, I like the colour.

Thanks

Jay

Excellent product :yamseng:

Hi again

Thanks Symphony for your responce. I just want to know if anyone thinks its worth my while to get Kronostep Super Natural Classsic instead of krono-original Castello range. Should i spend the extra money on it.

Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay

It's was really a budget decision for me too, but at the end I just couldn't resist after viewing a "before and after" home which had the more expensive floor installed.

Maybe you should do that before you decides.

Hi

I am really having difficulty in deciding which krono-original range to choose. I now have a sample of Kronostep Super Natural Wide Body Harbour Oak. I am looking for that realistic plank look with the grain very prominent. For me this adds character and that is what i'm looking for. I have notced 2 or 3 fine scratches on the board. Has anyone had experience with this board and should i be worried about the fine scratches.

Please help

Jay