Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Krono Original Laminate Flooring

This is the latest European brand that hit town, from the largest manufacturer in Germany. www.krono-original.com

They have on display at the S'pore Expo fair now 3 ranges of floorings, which imo offer fantastic value for your money :)

The basic range is Castello; a 8mm (not crappy 7mm stuff) AC4 quality which comes with a licenced Uniclic joint.

A 12mm! AC5! range call Floordreams that comes with a special backing and using a licenced Valinge click joint.

And the one that I like most is Kronostep; very realistic wood texture, with the tactile surface (similar to Quick-Step Largo) that you can only find in much higher priced products. This is an 8mm, AC4 plank that comes with a licenced Valinge click.

For laminate floor hunters, this is definitely a brand worth checking out.

Edited by khengjoo

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Previously in another thread, I recommended a product that will protects the joints of laminate flooring from damages over time. It works as a primary, and more permanent protection from water seepage through the joints for laminate and other wood floorings using the "click" system.

This product is call ClickGuard, and is now available from the same company that distributes Krono Original.

Edited by khengjoo

hi kj, please share with us the multiple Krono brandings, there has to be a reason there are so many spin-offs right? Krono Group, Kronospan, Kronotex, Kronopol, Kronoswiss, Krono Orignials...

does each spin-off offer some exclusive value over the other?

Kronotex, is one of the oldest company in Singapore. It is happy to see them embracing new innovation especially to compete in today's market.

hi kj, please share with us the multiple Krono brandings, there has to be a reason there are so many spin-offs right? Krono Group, Kronospan, Kronotex, Kronopol, Kronoswiss, Krono Orignials...

does each spin-off offer some exclusive value over the other?

Hello titan, for awhile I thought you may be pissed off over the hero and angel jibe :P

Saw that you have started the works at your new home, and am looking forward to see the pics when they are done. Wonder about Dr A, if he is still around here?

About your question on the Kronos, I really don't have a clue on their positionings.

Kronotex, Kronoswiss, and Kronopol are under the same group which is the Swiss Krono Group, but each operates independantly.

Krono Original is from Kronoflooring of Germany, and is owned by Kronospan who claims they are the number 1 wood-panel producer in the world.

I don't know about the other 2, but product wise, KO and Kronotex are on par, and to use my favourite metaphor of cars :D both offers a range of daihatsus to high-end toyotas, definitely not lexus class :P

cheers, and remind lach to post her furrykids when the works are done.

Hello titan, for awhile I thought you may be pissed off over the hero and angel jibe :P

Saw that you have started the works at your new home, and am looking forward to see the pics when they are done. Wonder about Dr A, if he is still around here?

About your question on the Kronos, I really don't have a clue on their positionings.

Kronotex, Kronoswiss, and Kronopol are under the same group which is the Swiss Krono Group, but each operates independantly.

Krono Original is from Kronoflooring of Germany, and is owned by Kronospan who claims they are the number 1 wood-panel producer in the world.

I don't know about the other 2, but product wise, KO and Kronotex are on par, and to use my favourite metaphor of cars :D both offers a range of daihatsus to high-end toyotas, definitely not lexus class :P

cheers, and remind lach to post her furrykids when the works are done.

yes i did :) flooring is all done up & waiting for carpentry now. i think Dr A is going for Largo too, he mentioned it on some other thread.

i went to the fair to check out bedding sales & came across KO & kronotex booth at the fair, & price-wise KRONOTEX seems be more slightly more ex than QS. however for KO the range that caught my eye is abt $4.80 (expo price?), for that price range its definitely a more value buy compared to the other "run-of-the-mill" china brands coz the boards defintely look well made & not as fake, also they have a nice, rich glow (i think your malay colleague mentioned "diamond shine" or something)

but word on the street is if you flip the board around you'll see chinese char on the back of the board i didn't get a chance to go back & flip it for myself to see so as this point its still heresay, even so its an interesting rumor ;)

ps: regarding your "flippancy" on "brand loyalty" - frankly i couldn't care less, i buy through my own research & not on others recommendation. guys like you are dime a dozen on this forum, but having said that i do appreciate the product updates you have been providing :yamseng:

ps: regarding your "flippancy" on "brand loyalty" - frankly i couldn't care less, i buy through my own research & not on others recommendation. guys like you are dime a dozen on this forum, but having said that i do appreciate the product updates you have been providing :yamseng:

That was cheap! and fyi, I works for a research publication, not selling floors.

That was cheap! and fyi, I works for a research publication, not selling floors.

just have a look around & you can find so many astroturfers, some idiots can't even keep track of their fake posts & get caught by posting on wrong nicks! so pardon my cynicism but your research feedback is always appreciated here :yamseng:

And the one that I like most is Kronostep; very realistic wood texture, with the tactile surface (similar to Quick-Step Largo) that you can only find in much higher priced products. This is an 8mm, AC4 plank that comes with a licenced Valinge click.

For laminate floor hunters, this is definitely a brand worth checking out.

Finally! they have the kronostep on the floor of their booth, and the result is SUPERD!

The difference between this and the other laminate floorings in the exhibition hall is just so visibly obvious for all to see.

I didn't disappear just finished mine wedding and mini honeymoon :D now I'm back to continue my house renovation project.

New player in the laminate industry? Getting quite crowded in the scene and consumers going to have a hard time in choosing which brand to go for. I can't really comment much on krono-original but a strong rumor that is going around is, it is a Europe brand but made in China. How true is that, I will let new house owner to be to do their homework liao. :P

As for myself, yah using QS Largo for my entire house. Just finished laying and its IMPRESSIVE. Even my contractor and carpenter made the same comments.

I didn't disappear just finished mine wedding and mini honeymoon :D now I'm back to continue my house renovation project.

Hey man, good to hear from you, and Congrats! on taking the Big decision. "May the partnership brings you folks the best days of your lives." :yamseng: