Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Krono Original Laminate Flooring

I agree. Krono looks very good. I saw it yesterday and we are going forward with their high end range. I only wish the planks could have a choice of a narrower strip. Check out the renovation fair at the expo. worth it!

BTW, ayone have a very reliable and professional carpentry company to recommend? Kitchen cabinets etc. Please email me.

Also, we need a good aluminium french door maker for the patio.

Finally, intead of solid surface countertops, has anyone used frosted glass instead?

Thanks!

Marc

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Placed a deposit to do up my MBR using the Castello-original laminate yesterday. Had to top up an additional $96 for the original skirting, although an earlier forumer mentioned that they provide original skirting :dunno:

Hope everything turns out fine.

Hi all

After having a look at a couple of samples of different krono-Original boards, i've now come accross Castello Classic, Maranello Oak. It is embossed and therefore in different lights has different colour tones. Can anyone comment on the quality of this board. It seems as if the board comes alive in certain light conditions and this does look smart. Do you guys think it is a good choice to lay through out my townhouse and do you know if in 10 years time it will look as good as it looks now.

If I can be assured of the quality of this board then thats the one that will be installed next week

Has anyone had a look at this board?

I just installed krono laminates in my flat recently, thou I'm very impressed by the material, I'm quite shocked by the workmanship. would like to check with fellow krono users here if you encounter similar scenario as me.

the gap between the door frame and laminate is more than 1cm and they filled it up with colour silicon claiming that the space is for the laminates to expand and contract. although I agree that gap is important for expansion and contraction, but is a gap of more than 1cm too big? or is it an easy excuse for sloppy workmanship? I have attached a photo below to show, please advise me if you also faces the same issue.

IMG_1524.jpg

Tana0005

Yes, it can be upsetting to see a scar like this on an otherwise perfect floor, but don't worry.

As the planks reach their full expansion in the following weeks (can be more than 1 cm in some cases), it will be less visible and you can easily trim off the excess sealant by yourself.

If our doorframes here are of thicker wood frame and not metal, this would not have been an issue, as a neat expansion space can then be hacksaw into it.

Again, don't fret over it. :)

Hi khengjoo, u r right. This is rather upsetting to see this on an otherwise perfect flooring.

Do u have a picture to show the gapping of yours?

I'm quite unconvince by the group of 5 installers including their supervisor when they came down again to "rectify" the problem. Even if there should be gapping, I believe it should be of parallel spacing from the frame. Rather than thinner at same area, thicker at some area. I'm thinking if they are trying to go the easy way out of not replacing the affected planks, by saying expansion contracting instead of admitting it is their sloppy workmanship

Hi,

Looking to renovate my new house with laminates, but can anyone share some light on how good is this product??

Hi, did you eventually install Castello Classic?

Do you have pics to share? Are you happy with the laminates?

Thanks in advance.