Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
khengjoo

Krono Original Laminate Flooring

New player in the laminate industry? Getting quite crowded in the scene and consumers going to have a hard time in choosing which brand to go for. I can't really comment much on krono-original but a strong rumor that is going around is, it is a Europe brand but made in China. How true is that, I will let new house owner to be to do their homework liao. :P

No, they are not new, and to my knowledge the Kronospan group is the largest producer of laminate floor in the world today.

They have several production sites in Europe, Russia, and China, which are producing for different labels/brands, and for big buyers (big brands in the USA such as Armstrong, Bruce, Shaw, etc does not have their own productions).

The Krono Original brand is unique in that it is their Very Own Brand, and is manufacture Only in Lampertswalde, Germany; to represents their highest quality and standard. The word 'Original' after Krono is to differentiate it from the other Kronos which are manufactured to customer's specifications, and are not representatives of the KO products.

They have Only One distributor here, and this is their website: www.krono-o.com

Buyers can easily view the KO certificate of origin, and the markings 'made in germany' behind each plank for authentication.

The rumours probably stamp from misleading names of some operators here such as Krono Fix (Kronofix is the name of a KO product range), 'Castellio' which can pass off as Castello (also a KO product range) if one is not careful in reading the spelling. These companies are not related to KO or their distributor here in any ways. The negative posts during the last couple of years in this forum about Krono This or Krono That, have no relation to the Real Krono Original, as they were not represented here then.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Well, the choices just gets better and better! They have on display now the actual mega-size planks of the new 2011 Super Largo range of decors.

For homeowners with that little bit more budget; this is the 'lexus' class of floor which exult pure opulence. :)

ps: regarding your "flippancy" on "brand loyalty" - frankly i couldn't care less, i buy through my own research & not on others recommendation. guys like you are dime a dozen on this forum, but having said that i do appreciate the product updates you have been providing :yamseng:

That was cheap! and fyi, I works for a research publication, not selling floors.

khengjoo, you work for them ah? haha you pushing quite hard for this wor....

Yes :D I am their champion!

:yamseng:

Hi guys,

Interesting!!!! I couldn't care less as what some mentioned about rumours or the large + confusing krono group. I am a patron of this restaurant which I frequent, but within their same group, I hated the other restaurant food. SO...you pay what you know is worth, or like.

Yes we all come from the same umbrella brand. I openly say I am the distributor of kronosw+ss in Singapore. And the difference is in the quality and range of design. What differs kronosw+ss is that it is made in switzerland with germany technology. And kronosw+ss does not distribute nor share their designs with other krono group in singapore. We each carry our own design, and there are no clashes. As such I hope this is clear.

It is entirely up to the buyer to choose his preferred design and budget. Germany or swiss or US made, it doesnt matter. As long as you check at the back of the plank, if they have the certified chop, you are safe. I know some companies here have that china bluff rumour.

If anyone reads this and wants to see our range or clarify, please do PM me or email me:lynd3ralla@yahoo.com

Happy New year!

hi khengjoo,

I think I used krono steps for my laminates 10 yrs ago for my entire house which I just sold recently..so far so good but u must maintain it well and keep it dry always...warranty is 10yrs i supposed but still looks good.

cheers ~!

oinkoink

hi khengjoo,

I think I used krono steps for my laminates 10 yrs ago for my entire house which I just sold recently..so far so good but u must maintain it well and keep it dry always...warranty is 10yrs i supposed but still looks good.

cheers ~!

oinkoink

Hi oinkoink

When I read this, I was thinking that you may be mistaken as I was not aware that someone did brought in Krono Original before.

So I checked with the current distributor and their manager confirmed that it was first introduced here a long time ago by a carpet company.

Amazing! but I believes you were the owner of a floor from their earliest production!

cheers :D

I jz laid my entire house (except kitchen & toilets) with Krono Original laminated flooring earlier this month...

Using Castello range cause under budget.. Else the V-groove range will be my 1st choice..

Their product really make a difference to my home..

Previously on marble flooring... then re-laid it with laminated flooring, cz too big job & wasted to hack away... So in future if I want to move house, whoever buy my home gets to choose 2-type of flooring... :)

Come back to their product, I chose montreal oak & black oak... after laid, 1 word... Beautiful.. Not like other brand which I see before, each grain is emboss and look so live..

Not sure about the durability, but hope it can last...

But 1 question - What is the tolerence level for water?? e.g. a small puddle of standing water contact, quantified in terms of hours?

Cause everyone knows wooden flooring shld be maintained dryness. We shld know that this is impossible esp in residential and with kids at home.. Definitely unintentional spillage of water etc.. is uncommon and they may stay undetected by parents...

Edited by acevin

Hi oinkoink

When I read this, I was thinking that you may be mistaken as I was not aware that someone did brought in Krono Original before.

So I checked with the current distributor and their manager confirmed that it was first introduced here a long time ago by a carpet company.

Amazing! but I believes you were the owner of a floor from their earliest production!

cheers :D

Hi khengjoo,

I just went to dig up my files where I kept the krono brochures 10yrs ago and YES, we are using Krono STEP laminates :D i still have the 10yrs warranty paper that was faxed to me by the supplier but i do not have the exact name..i only got the fax header from EME Tel 68467625.

Anyway, I have recently sold this house to a couple and they asked if they can get a replacment piece just in case the old one is damaged due to wear and tear. Can I give them your contact details if they require your service?

Cheers,

oinkoink

This is the latest European brand that hit town, from the largest manufacturer in Germany. www.krono-original.com

They have on display at the S'pore Expo fair now 3 ranges of floorings, which imo offer fantastic value for your money :)

The basic range is Castello; a 8mm (not crappy 7mm stuff) AC4 quality which comes with a licenced Uniclic joint.

A 12mm! AC5! range call Floordreams that comes with a special backing and using a licenced Valinge click joint.

And the one that I like most is Kronostep; very realistic wood texture, with the tactile surface (similar to Quick-Step Largo) that you can only find in much higher priced products. This is an 8mm, AC4 plank that comes with a licenced Valinge click.

For laminate floor hunters, this is definitely a brand worth checking out.

I just confirmed the floordreams silent series last week at expo. will be installing soon :)

Walked one rouund and the choice was obvious for me. The board feels different when I hold it in my hands.

Straight away called the p***o salesman to cancel my appoint with him.

hope everything goes well.

I just confirmed the floordreams silent series last week at expo. will be installing soon :)

Walked one rouund and the choice was obvious for me. The board feels different when I hold it in my hands.

Straight away called the p***o salesman to cancel my appoint with him.

hope everything goes well.

Can anyone share the contact for the krono original installer?

Hi khengjoo,

I just went to dig up my files where I kept the krono brochures 10yrs ago and YES, we are using Krono STEP laminates :D i still have the 10yrs warranty paper that was faxed to me by the supplier but i do not have the exact name..i only got the fax header from EME Tel 68467625.

Anyway, I have recently sold this house to a couple and they asked if they can get a replacment piece just in case the old one is damaged due to wear and tear. Can I give them your contact details if they require your service?

Cheers,

oinkoink

Hi oinkoink

First of all, I champion the brand, and the company, but I do not work for them. So pls do not refer aftersales service to me :P

Now, concerning the Kronostep range, what you had I'm sure were the first generation product which are similar to most of the brands over here now.

The current Kronostep is a new generation product, or what they call "new surface technology" that gives the floor the 2-dimensional look and feel, as mentioned also by acevin who posted earlier. You see some of it in their Castello range as well, and acevin was sharp to noticed it and the 2 decors that he chose have that kind of surface :good: This is a relatively new development in the industry, and even established European brands like Kronotex, Tarkett, and others do not have it yet. Maybe they will, later this year :D Until then, value for money wise, I think this is the best brand in the market today.