Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
fullerms

Feedback On Lightings.com.sg

like most ppl here recommended, their price is transparent & there's no hidden costs. Not many sites

will be willing to put up their price for u to see upfront. but service is good & installation is professional. u still can go around

to compare the prices but do note service quality is important, some shops are totally beng in customer service & pressure sell you.

so do compare & compare, good luck! :sport-smiley-003:

My experience with lighting.com is very different from the rest of the forumers. I tried to make a booking for 7 pieces of wall lights today and gave the sales rep the model number and asked if they have the stock before I make a trip down to collect and make payment. Quite shockingly, the sales rep said that they don't have 7 pieces of wall lights and they also refused to make a reservation of the wall lights for me.

When I asked why? His reply was lighting.com can get the lights from their supplier and bring it to the shop but it is not their policy to reserve lights for customers. I told the sales rep that I can give him my credit card number as a form of payment first and he can make the booking. However, he is inflexible and refused to budge, saying that he would not reserve the lights for me. BTW, I did not bargain with him and I have been very specific with what I wanted that Lighting.com carry.

Any advice?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
My experience with lighting.com is very different from the rest of the forumers. I tried to make a booking for 7 pieces of wall lights today and gave the sales rep the model number and asked if they have the stock before I make a trip down to collect and make payment. Quite shockingly, the sales rep said that they don't have 7 pieces of wall lights and they also refused to make a reservation of the wall lights for me.

When I asked why? His reply was lighting.com can get the lights from their supplier and bring it to the shop but it is not their policy to reserve lights for customers. I told the sales rep that I can give him my credit card number as a form of payment first and he can make the booking. However, he is inflexible and refused to budge, saying that he would not reserve the lights for me. BTW, I did not bargain with him and I have been very specific with what I wanted that Lighting.com carry.

Any advice?

most shops dun keep ex stocks, lightings included. what you see are on display items and not for sale. did you call them and ask them to order thru the phone? or did u visit them, told them u wanted 7 pcs and made full payment for it? i tend to believe u did the former. this is not pizzahut home delivery wor.... :P

Edited by neubie

Well said,

i wanted to engage them for my 3rm re-wiring..... called the company and the lady who picked up the call is polite and told me that she will email me the quotation.....

very likely to engage them for the job....

Hey, you sure? I emailed them about rewiring and they replied they do not do rewiring... only sell lights...

Could you have called another place?

most shops dun keep ex stocks, lightings included. what you see are on display items and not for sale. did you call them and ask them to order thru the phone? or did u visit them, told them u wanted 7 pcs and made full payment for it? i tend to believe u did the former. this is not pizzahut home delivery wor.... :P

This means that I have to make two trips. One to order for them face to face and another to to collect and make payment. Not customer friendly, esp when customer already offer to share the credit card number on the phone and confirm the order.

Maybe this is the market practice amongst lighting coy. (1) Cannot take orders from credit card on the phone, (2) don't carry sufficient stock and will refuse to order for customers, (3) make customer come twice - once to order face to face and another to collect, (4) disallow for customer to check stock on the spot when collecting lightings and (4) when items are defective after installation or opening up of the box, lighting.com expect customers to bring back to the shop for exchange (5) can earn praises from customers for their good service from this process.

Perhaps I am ignorant about lighting purchase, this certainly don't sound customer oriented to me. If this is the market practice and customers are generally happy with this type of service, I would have to just follow the law. The added difficulty is the place is quite hard to find a parking lot.

Cheers!

Edited by leechaorui

This means that I have to make two trips. One to order for them face to face and another to to collect and make payment. Not customer friendly, esp when customer already offer to share the credit card number on the phone and confirm the order.

Maybe this is the market practice amongst lighting coy. (1) Cannot take orders from credit card on the phone, (2) don't carry sufficient stock, (2) make customer come twice - once to order face to face and another to collect, (3) disallow for customer to check stock on the spot and when items are defective, expect customers to bring back to the shop for exchange (4) can earn praises from customers for their good service.

Perhaps I am ignorant about lighting purchase, this certainly don't sound customer oriented. Anyway, if this is the market practice and customers are generally happy, I would have to just follow the law.

Cheers!

bingo, got to make at least 2 trips, one for payment, the other for collection, subsequent ones for warranty returns or exchanges.....i believe this is the market practice for most retail businesses....if customer changes mind about the ordering, then the shop will be kena played out, so to protect themselves, they rather make the customer pay upfront & commit to what they have paid up....anyway, i dun feel good about revealing my CC # over the phone, as this can lead to fraud....

things might be different if one is a frequent-returning customer, where the shop will better trust them and let them order first w/o payment....

Any advice?

Shop for only for showroom. Stock at the warehouse need to be semi assemble before delivery.

Assembly is done by China guys in the warehouse. Cos lights comes in different configuration. If you them to install, they also subcon to contractors, not done by the shop.

Leechaorui, I read your post of landed property, find that you are very knowledgeable.

Surely, you have a way at this, right ?

Maybe this is the market practice amongst lighting coy. (1) Cannot take orders from credit card on the phone, (2) don't carry sufficient stock and will refuse to order for customers, (3) make customer come twice - once to order face to face and another to collect, (4) disallow for customer to check stock on the spot when collecting lightings and (4) when items are defective after installation or opening up of the box, lighting.com expect customers to bring back to the shop for exchange (5) can earn praises from customers for their good service from this process.

Perhaps I am ignorant about lighting purchase, this certainly don't sound customer oriented to me. If this is the market practice and customers are generally happy with this type of service, I would have to just follow the law. The added difficulty is the place is quite hard to find a parking lot.

Cheers!

i have similar experience.. 2 weeks ago we ordered & paid for some lights at the shop, on the spot arranged for delivery & installation (to install last week). A few days after we made the purchase, staff called up to inform that 2 of the lights (brown) were out of stock, also informed us that the same model black ones are still available. On the same evening, we went down to the shop to confirm the black ones. After we left (we were already on the way home), they called us again to say that the black ones were out of stock. it was qte a shock to us since on that afternoon they said they still had stock, and when we confirmed it in the shop earlier, they did not tell us that the lights are out of stock too. We were willing to wait for the stocks to arrive (abt 1month later). However, when we asked about the delivery & installation, we were again shocked to find that we have to pay the installation of $35 for the first lamp & $7 for subsequent one. We would have thought that the installations charges would be tagged to our initial installation, since it wasn't our fault that the lamps had to be delivered at a later date.. In the end, we went down the next day for the 3rd time to choose another model and had them delivered at the same time as the other lights.

Yesterday, one of the ceiling lamps stopped working (?problem with fluorescent bulb). Called up lightings.com, they were not willing to come down and rectify cos it will incur charges on their end. Told us to check on our own, if the problem is w the bulb, we need to remove the bulb and bring it to their shop for an exchange (warranty 90days). I suppose this is reasonable to an extent if the problem is with the bulb, but I just can't help thinking that our experience is quite different from what others have. And not to mention that ours is a new house and we don't have a ladder at home :(

i have to mention that the staff are actually quite nice (not the rude type), but the main grouse is with the inflexibility of their procedures.. then again, that's probably how they keep prices competitve :)

Edited by macadamia3050

Shop for only for showroom. Stock at the warehouse need to be semi assemble before delivery.

Assembly is done by China guys in the warehouse. Cos lights comes in different configuration. If you them to install, they also subcon to contractors, not done by the shop.

Leechaorui, I read your post of landed property, find that you are very knowledgeable.

Surely, you have a way at this, right ?

Thanks for the compliment on my posting of landed property. I am still learning about construction of landed houses and is happy to share with fellow journey men.

As for the purchase of lighting, hopefully only 2 trips is required to purchase the lightings.

All the replies here in Renotalk have been most useful. After much considerations, I settled for normal PLC down lights, single 13W Phillips bulb with Atco Ballast. Bought from lightings.com at $12 per downlight set. During my search, I was quoted ridiculous prices from $15 upwards. 1 shop at trade hub 21 even quoted me $20+. Shocked that the costs for normal PLC downlights differs so much.

Although I like the whole Phillips downlights set, hubby was not ready to spend $33 for just 1-set. Moreover,, We r not a fussy buyers as this is our 2nd home. So feel that the cheaper $12 lights will serve its purpose just as well. So far their service not bad. Ordered my lights on Saturday. On Monday, they called saying my lights are ready 4 collection. Hope all the lights r in good working condition on installation.

All the replies here in Renotalk have been most useful. After much considerations, I settled for normal PLC down lights, single 13W Phillips bulb with Atco Ballast. Bought from lightings.com at $12 per downlight set. During my search, I was quoted ridiculous prices from $15 upwards. 1 shop at trade hub 21 even quoted me $20+. Shocked that the costs for normal PLC downlights differs so much.

Although I like the whole Phillips downlights set, hubby was not ready to spend $33 for just 1-set. Moreover,, We r not a fussy buyers as this is our 2nd home. So feel that the cheaper $12 lights will serve its purpose just as well. So far their service not bad. Ordered my lights on Saturday. On Monday, they called saying my lights are ready 4 collection. Hope all the lights r in good working condition on installation.

The lights have all been installed. So far all downlights working fine. Only drawback I'm not happy with Lightings.com is that when I purchased the downlights, I specified to the lady serving that I wanted to use 13W single bulbs. I selected 1 style of downlight and she said can fit. Upon installation, the electrician informed me that 13W bulbs are too long for the size of the downlight diameter I had chosen. According to electrician, I should have chosen downlight with at least 5-6" diameter. With a smaller diameter, he still can install the bulb. Problem only arises when I want to remove the bulb and change to new one. This is problem because the downlight bulbs are not those vertical types but the horizontal insert. In order to accommodate a 13W bulb, he will need to shift the horizontal light holder quite far back into the lighting. Meaning... when I want to change bulbs, my finger need to stretch all the way horizontally.... back into the downlight, feel for the light holder and dislodge the bulb. To put new bulb, I would have to again stretch my fingers all the way in with new bulbs, then without seeing, I need to feel for the right position to slot in the bulb. *aarrgghh*.

To rectify this problem, I had to switch to 10W bulbs which are shorter than 13W bulbs. Because with shorter bulbs, the electrician does not need to shift the light holder back. Can leave it nearer to the side opening. So I can see the light holder easily and change the bulbs by seeing rather than thru feeling.

Hengz, these downlights are for the bedrooms and thus the decrease in wattage is not so bad cos we have bedside lamps for reading. Imagine if the downlights were meant for living areas - disaster!

Hi,

Can i check if this "lighting center" @ balestier point is lighting.com.sg?

Dunno if i got the shop wrongly.

I travelled all the way to balestier point to check out lighting.com.sg after reading the forum about how cheap it is.

Only saw this "lighting center" at balestier point, the one facing the road.

Had a very unpleasant experience there.

Hope this is not the lighting.com.sg that everyone is raving about.

Hi,

Can i check if this "lighting center" @ balestier point is lighting.com.sg?

Dunno if i got the shop wrongly.

I travelled all the way to balestier point to check out lighting.com.sg after reading the forum about how cheap it is.

Only saw this "lighting center" at balestier point, the one facing the road.

Had a very unpleasant experience there.

Hope this is not the lighting.com.sg that everyone is raving about.

They have one in Balestier area... I have been there too, the salesman/salesgirl will usually leave me alone to check the lights out but always stay near in case i have questions. If you are not sure whether the shop is lightings.com.sg, you can always ask the salesman/salesgirl, why you didnt ask them? They have many outlets, i usually bought from Jalan Besar and Geylang.

Can you share what very unpleasant experience you encountered there?