Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gunbound888

Building An Additional Storey

Hi,

I am interested in a 45 years old 2-storey semi-D in district 15 area.I am considering buuilding an additional storey or an attic. Anyone know what is the estimated cost involved, including fees? Thanks in advance!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I am interested in a 45 years old 2-storey semi-D in district 15 area.I am considering buuilding an additional storey or an attic. Anyone know what is the estimated cost involved, including fees? Thanks in advance!!

It differs from place to place depending on your specs, size, requirements, furnishing, etc... Best for you to get some quotes from architects and builders to give you a sense of cost with respect to your needs.

Hi,

my uncle did his around 800sqft spent app 300k.

Hi,

Does anyone has any idea or experience on the costs to build a new 400 sq ft attic with raised roof for an inter-terrace please? Thanks for any helpful information. :D

Hi,

Does anyone has any idea or experience on the costs to build a new 400 sq ft attic with raised roof for an inter-terrace please? Thanks for any helpful information. :D

As a rough ballpark figure, I think it can ranged from $200K upwards for A&A. One of my friend added an attic plus interior reno & improvements to his fascade for about $450K. You need to furnish more details on your needs, the quality of the new construction and the condition of your exisiting building. Best to get some quotes from architects and contractors. They would be able to give you a sense of how much work is involved and the cost estimates. Add another 15% to whatever their cost estimates come up to give you some buffer.

Cheers!

As a rough ballpark figure, I think it can ranged from $200K upwards for A&A. One of my friend added an attic plus interior reno & improvements to his fascade for about $450K. You need to furnish more details on your needs, the quality of the new construction and the condition of your exisiting building. Best to get some quotes from architects and contractors. They would be able to give you a sense of how much work is involved and the cost estimates. Add another 15% to whatever their cost estimates come up to give you some buffer.

Cheers!

Hi leechaorui,

Thanks so much for the information. Wow! Prices has really escalated so much!

Cheers

Hi leechaorui,

Thanks so much for the information. Wow! Prices has really escalated so much!

Cheers

The sad truth is prices are still rising. Looks like the earlier you construct, the cheaper is the cost. My neigbour constructed his house about 5 years ago from single storey to three storey at a cost of $350K. Another of my neigbour constructed his place (similar size as the earlier neighbour from double storey to 3.5 storey)and has just shifted in a few months ago. His cost is $750K. Both used fair quality construction materials. The comparison shows that the price of construction has doubled from 5 years ago.

The sad truth is prices are still rising. Looks like the earlier you construct, the cheaper is the cost. My neigbour constructed his house about 5 years ago from single storey to three storey at a cost of $350K. Another of my neigbour constructed his place (similar size as the earlier neighbour from double storey to 3.5 storey)and has just shifted in a few months ago. His cost is $750K. Both used fair quality construction materials. The comparison shows that the price of construction has doubled from 5 years ago.

I agreed as the construction market is hot and material demanded is high therefore the cost of material is shooting high nowsaday.

I bought a new inter terrace from the developer which will only TOP in 2 year's time.

I intend to tile up the void space of the air well.

According to the housing agent, I could speak to the contractor on TOP and he would tile up the void area.

May I know what is the procedure?

Is it safe to get the contractor to tile up or should I engage an engineer to inspect the area.

Also do I need a permit, and from whom?

TIA.

Yup, so that can increase the GFA.

Is that possible?

Buildings before obtaining CSC cannot be amended.

Wanna amendments, dun tell the whole world.

Buildings before obtaining CSC cannot be amended.

Wanna amendments, dun tell the whole world.

So after CSC/TOP, can?

Of course dun tell the whole world.

But can share the procedure if you know?

So after CSC/TOP, can?

Of course dun tell the whole world.

But can share the procedure if you know?

After TOP stil cannot do, need to be after CSC. (Officially).

If get own contractor do, then original developer warranty voided.

Try to talk to the original contractor to do the works, as a seperate agreement between owner and contractor.

Be nice, so they dun void the original warranty.

If possible, talk to the contractor now, so they can prepare the mounting position.

Dun get the developer involved. Sure 100% wun agree, simply because they cannot agree legally.

After TOP stil cannot do, need to be after CSC. (Officially).

If get own contractor do, then original developer warranty voided.

Try to talk to the original contractor to do the works, as a seperate agreement between owner and contractor.

Be nice, so they dun void the original warranty.

If possible, talk to the contractor now, so they can prepare the mounting position.

Dun get the developer involved. Sure 100% wun agree, simply because they cannot agree legally.

Yup will talk to the developer's contractor.

Separate agreement as in verbal agreement?

Agent said talk to contractor only after TOP.

CSC is how long after TOP?

Ok won't tell developer.

Thanks so much for the advice,yoongf! :yamseng: