Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ykeng

2nd Floor Hdb Unit = Sure Bad Feng Shui? Any Remedy?

1. Any "floating" sensation while at home? :D Like on plane ?Giddy giddy? Can sense earth's quakes?

Nope! In fact, during one of the Indo earthquake which shook Punggol, my 17th floor neighbour asked me if I felt the tremors. I didn't realise it until I saw a lot of residents run out of their homes.

The contrary holds true: the higher you are, the easier you can feel airsickness when the buildings swing. Think 'whiplash' effect.

At night, conversations at pavement(ground) can be heard more clearer at 2nd floor than at 25th floor.

Agreed. As my unit faces the open field, some nightbirds tend to hang around to chat. On certain occasions, I can even hear what they are saying.

3. Natural Air ventilation usually not as effective as higher floor.

My unit is quite airy. I guess the wind draft hits the high floors and redirect them downwards.

6. Kena pressed by many pillars & beams?

No leh. Other than a lot of unsightly pipings in the toilet, there is really no visible beams or pillars.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

BK, thanks for sharing the experience of staying at 2nd floor. 23 floor also got ants and "摸一支刀"(hokkien)。 They take lift too. :D

Edited by bepgof

Try the citronella essential oil :)

Mostly indians love to use this lemongrass(冲茅)oil, super strong smell. One time at night safrari, some indians applied this, we all "siam" far far away. Mosquitos also "siam" till no where in sight.

Mostly indians love to use this lemongrass(冲茅)oil, super strong smell. One time at night safrari, some indians applied this, we all "siam" far far away. Mosquitos also "siam" till no where in sight.

You may want to consider lavender essential oil. It is less effective but widely available.

IMO, lemongrass is a human repellent!!

The smell stings the nose big time.

Anyone tried eucalyptus?

This kind of structural bad fengshui cannot be remedied, just like staying a house which door faces a upward staircase. Or the cai wei in the house is at the toilet. There is nothing much you can do except to sell and move out.

Normally, if you are "struck" with this kind of house.. it may also means that your current "fate" is no good, that's why will have such thing..

I believed everything is destined. If you are having good luck also very difficult for you to end up buying/staying in this kind of house. :P

You are correct! It doesn't mean that you can find a house with 'wang san' and 'wang shui' just because you know feng shui. It has to do with the luck cycle you are currently going through.

2nd level

a. Got many ants....can buy from shop ants bait powder and they surely 'gone' for a few weeks. Will surely come back. So this will go on and on.

b. Got cockcroaches 'flying' type.....eeeee.... best close windows at night and keep roach traps every 3months

c. mosquitoes, can't do much about it as neighbors flower pots and congested drains, especially neighbourhood got new building site. Itchy season, just spray baygon 1 hr before sleep, close windows and use aircon. Very troublesome. Every now and then got to hunt for 'flying objects'.....good for eyesight. Sometimes at night, miss out spraying.....can her mosquito buzzing at your ear.

d. Many different race of neighbours.....indians, malays, china workers......many friends to make from all over the world

e. Many different kinds of smell too from neighbours as well as rubbish truck.......once herar the truck sound got to quickly dash to close windows otherwise the 'fragrant' will linger for some time.

f. children keep throwing things down, all the ledges are feeled with heavenly gifts

g. slippers always gone.....it can walk by itself

h. heat is terrible

i. children play football at void cause a lot of noise

j. cars passed by, a lot of horning and motorbike testing.

k. neighbour bungee jump.....can see very clearly blood and white juicy substance

Feng Shui at 2nd level good or bad

a. My grandmother stayed at 2nd level, my uncles and aunties who used to stay there became 'somebody' before they shift out.

b. My collegue's husband stayed 2nd level.....owned 2 cars, do a few business....her diamond ring is bigger than mine.

c. My father's old neighbour shifted to 2nd level.....son in law lost more than a $100k in shares.

I think void deck or no void deck.....depends on many other issues.....

Nowadays most people are staying in high rise building either with or without void deck. Therefore, feng shui applied in olden days may not fit into modern society and we need to apply the old techniques in modern ways.

4. Trees/building shade aways evening sun's radiation heat, depend on direction. 8 flr and above has no "tree" advantage.

5. View costs $$$, no wonder, each floor higher cost abt $2k more.

I used to stay on 25th floor and love the panaromic birds eye view. However, when I came to view my current flat on lower floor, what I saw was fascinating close to nature view of the trees, river and garden from the window.

I am revamping my flat as we really like the place which is unblocked!

I used to stay on 25th floor and love the panaromic birds eye view. However, when I came to view my current flat on lower floor, what I saw was fascinating close to nature view of the trees, river and garden from the window.

I am revamping my flat as we really like the place which is unblocked!

Hi,

I just came across your topic here about fengshui for 2nd floor. Recently, I just exercised an option on a unit which is at 2nd floor. Let me describe a bit about this place. This unit is above pump room so means that there is no void deck or hollow kind of things. It is a Door to Door unit where a new upgrading lift just built which cater to these two units. Main Door facing South West and windows **** room facing North West and shade a bit by some palm trees. The opposite neighbour is a Chinese couple with a toddler.

The reason why I choose that particular unit is because I feel comfortable when i first entered to the house. I noticed that the couple who are selling to us have a good professions. One is a teacher and the other one is a policeman. They have four children, quite productive in a sense. The reason why they want to sell because not enough room for the growing up kids.

My consideration points when I want to buy this unit are as follows:

1) FengShui Direction - My husband and me have a kua number of 8. So our best directions are SW, NW, W and NE and we manage to find those directions inside the house either for the main door, sleeping or eating positions. And our kitchen is at SE area which our weakest direction.

2) Location - I would say strategic. Near to Saint Hilda school, park, amenities and stadium. This stadium will be demolished and build new mega mall which will be completed in 2015. Ten mins walk to MRT and Interchange.

3) Price - Average but we have budget for this.

4) Reason for selling - I know it is a bit hard to ask the seller this question sometimes but this family really honest and I think it is acceptable because the couple got four growing up kids. They need bigger space.

5) Others - Background of the family considered financial stable, harmony and honest. (No one sick, no separation / divorce, no loanshark, no one paralyse inside the unit etc)

To be honest, I don't know whether 2nd floor is bad fengshui or not but one thing has been highlighted to me by one of my Master FengShui was we can't really rely on feng shui only. Everyone has their "Yi Ming", "Er Yun" and "San Feng Shui" means first is your fate, second is your luck and third is your fengshui. The fengshui is help you to ensure smoothness of your journey from my understanding.

To believe or not to believe is up to individual.

EmoBebe