Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CoffeeMan

Office Fengshui

Office fengshui is as important as house fengshui. We normally spent 8 hours or more at the office desk than the home desk. And our workplace is where we earn our bread and butter. The locations/facings of the cubicle and desk are normally allocated to you (unlike your house, you can go around and view until you find a suitable one), so it is normally impossible to change them if they happened to be in an unfavourable location and facing. But we can improve the desk fengshui by keeping it neat, tidy and organised. Place some suitable plants to improve the air and reduce the toxins. Place a desk lamp if the light is not sufficient. And maintaining a good relationships with your bosses and fellow workers :)

What's your take on that? And how do you improve your office fengshui?

Edited by CoffeeMan

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

how i wish i can get a geomancer to view my partition.

If assume that geomancer give a recommendation, and the place no good, i don't mind bringing my laptop and work in conference rooms instead :-)

But u raise a good question which i will ask my geomancer, eg without a floor plan, but with picture only, can he suggest some fs items to improve my working area. No need for complexity, but to minimise effects ...

how i wish i can get a geomancer to view my partition.

If assume that geomancer give a recommendation, and the place no good, i don't mind bringing my laptop and work in conference rooms instead :-)

But u raise a good question which i will ask my geomancer, eg without a floor plan, but with picture only, can he suggest some fs items to improve my working area. No need for complexity, but to minimise effects ...

Haha! Plug your laptop to the projector in the conference room and surf the RT forum... with a cup of hot coffee.

I think it is better to sketch out the floor plan with key elements such as the main door, exit door, windows, your boss's office, your cubicle, toilet, pantry and the 4 directions with respective to your cubicle. But I think he's going to charge you when he see the floor plan :deal: . Check with him your current facing direction at your office desk is alright or not.

Edited by CoffeeMan

Better to treat your job like clothes. Try, then change to another if it doesn't fit you. Keep trying until you find one that fits.

No point getting a geomancer to audit your officespace to make the working environment "fit" you, 旺 you...

FSM ask you to tilt your table by 30 degrees, change the table colour to pink, put a 30" golden pig smack in the middle of your workstation blah blah..

You think for yourself, can meh?

Not if you are the boss!

how about for those that does not work 8 hours at his desk? Like for sales.

Sales consultants have to return to the office and compile their sales at the end of the day. IMO, the working desk fengshui is still important. Just like a boss, you don't usually see him at his desk. But his office is always strategically located.

Better to treat your job like clothes. Try, then change to another if it doesn't fit you. Keep trying until you find one that fits.

No point getting a geomancer to audit your officespace to make the working environment "fit" you, 旺 you...

FSM ask you to tilt your table by 30 degrees, change the table colour to pink, put a 30" golden pig smack in the middle of your workstation blah blah..

Not if you are the boss!

A good FSM will not recommend impossible remedies and loud FS ornaments on the office desk. IMO, given the office situation and as an employee with restrictions, he should work on things that are possible, dynamic and movable, not on static and fixtures. And to move on to a better job, the current job and environment are important. It is where one gains more experience and connecting up with more people (贵人).

Edited by CoffeeMan

Not if you are the boss!

Sound logical and practical.

Since after NS, I have switched A(~6month)+B(~5yr)+C(~6month)+D(~13yr)+E(coming to 8yrs), include present = 5th job.

- The 2 6-months jobs, ke "future", so decisively quited without looking back.

- B, still young, wanted to widen horizon, many ex-colleagues still there. 2 rounds of "exit interview".

- D, very challenging, killing field, must learn how to change, change & change, like what OBM said: "change". To tire to change liao, quit. Boss called to come back, I siad "good horse does eat u-turn grass".

- E, "good place to hide" :D

If found:

- "ke future" situations, stop immediately - fs no good.

- "want to widen horizon" - fs good, looking for "better" fs.

- Change, change, change - fighting with fs, very tired but very satisfying. Gained a lot.

- Good place to hide - best fs. :D

Edited by bepgof

Sound logical and practical.

Since after NS, I have switched A(~6month)+B(~5yr)+C(~6month)+D(~13yr)+E(coming to 8yrs), include present = 5th job.

- The 2 6-months jobs, ke "future", so decisively quited without looking back.

- B, still young, wanted to widen horizon, many ex-colleagues still there. 2 rounds of "exit interview".

- D, very challenging, killing field, must learn how to change, change & change, like what OBM said: "change". To tire to change liao, quit. Boss called to come back, I siad "good horse does eat u-turn grass".

- E, "good place to hide" :D

If found:

- "ke future" situations, stop immediately - fs no good.

- "want to widen horizon" - fs good, looking for "better" fs.

- Change, change, change - fighting with fs, very tired but very satisfying. Gained a lot.

- Good place to hide - best fs. :D

So did u apply any FS methodology to your current nest E?

Edited by CoffeeMan

So did u apply any FS methodology to your current nest E?

We also need to check if our house supports the career you are in.

Also equally important is to analyse our Bazi profiling if we are in suitable field.

We also need to check if our house supports the career you are in.

Also equally important is to analyse our Bazi profiling if we are in suitable field.

That's interesting. Are you referring to those home-based office? And how do we check whether we have a supportive house for our careers?

That's interesting. Are you referring to those home-based office? And how do we check whether we have a supportive house for our careers?

For example, If your career involved water (sailor, marine related business, etc, ), we want the North sector to support these fields. If there is any missing corner, or bad Qi, then your career won't be smooth sailing.

A good FSM will not recommend impossible remedies and loud FS ornaments on the office desk. IMO, given the office situation and as an employee with restrictions, he should work on things that are possible, dynamic and movable, not on static and fixtures. And to move on to a better job, the current job and environment are important. It is where one gains more experience and connecting up with more people (贵人).

Hi Coffeeman, what are impossible remedies and loud ornaments? Thought of checking my office working space also but don't know how can engage fsm when the boss is not me. Read some lilian too books and for a period , my desk looked like a tiny FS ornament store. Well, anyway nothing improve at all!!

For example, If your career involved water (sailor, marine related business, etc, ), we want the North sector to support these fields. If there is any missing corner, or bad Qi, then your career won't be smooth sailing.

So do you mean if an office have a missing north, the career for everyone is no good?

Hi Coffeeman, what are impossible remedies and loud ornaments? Thought of checking my office working space also but don't know how can engage fsm when the boss is not me. Read some lilian too books and for a period , my desk looked like a tiny FS ornament store. Well, anyway nothing improve at all!!

A ke B, C ke D, E ke F....... All neutralised each other liao :D

Edited by bepgof