Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
krypton

Bad Experience With Cns Metal

My first post and I wrote negative feedback. Shows how angry I am.

I got my main gate from CNS Metal.

Hot Dip Galvanised Iron.

Installed somewhere in June/July 2010.

During the installation, the boys forcefully kick and bend the gate in place, all happenning in front of my father.

After installation, all alignment out were out, matt black becomes shiny black, even black color also not even.

within a week, a few spots starts to rust.

Initally, they only want to come and do touch up.

They tried to give a lot of crap reason.

But I did not accept, how can it be acceptable? Hot Dip Galvanised starts to rust within a week?

At the end, I told to to come and take the whole gate back and redo.

After a week, bring the gate back, looks like the same gate.

This time round, they gently mount the gate.

After a few weeks, rust starts to appear again.

Called them, and they come to touch up.

This rusting and touch up happends another couple more times.

Then I just called again, and they are asking for $35 for transport and worksman.

And very bad attitude.

Say things like Galvanised also no 100% guarantee... Married a wife also not guarantee got baby...

What is this?

Their gates are of very inferior quality! Yet they are asking for $35 to patch up their low quality product?

Imagine I have the gate for less than half a year and they have already come at least 4 5 times.

While they say the gate has 10 years warrenty, simple maths say I would have asked them to come more than 100 times?

that is $3,500!!!

In summary, do NOT use CNS.

Can we post pictures here?

Let me know how and I will try to post picture the lousy rusty gate when I have time.

Again, do NOT use CNS.

Edited by krypton

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

welcome to the club...haha....

sure u can post pics, just upload to photobucket/imageshack kinda websites.

pls see here:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35945

to solve the problem, get a rust converter.

It will turn the rust into a black patch where u can paint over.

$8 from Homely, and its very easy to use. Save yourself the anger.

My first post and I wrote negative feedback. Shows how angry I am.

I got my main gate from CNS Metal.

Hot Dip Galvanised Iron.

Installed somewhere in June/July 2010.

During the installation, the boys forcefully kick and bend the gate in place, all happenning in front of my father.

After installation, all alignment out were out, matt black becomes shiny black, even black color also not even.

within a week, a few spots starts to rust.

Initally, they only want to come and do touch up.

They tried to give a lot of crap reason.

But I did not accept, how can it be acceptable? Hot Dip Galvanised starts to rust within a week?

At the end, I told to to come and take the whole gate back and redo.

After a week, bring the gate back, looks like the same gate.

This time round, they gently mount the gate.

After a few weeks, rust starts to appear again.

Called them, and they come to touch up.

This rusting and touch up happends another couple more times.

Then I just called again, and they are asking for $35 for transport and worksman.

And very bad attitude.

Say things like Galvanised also no 100% guarantee... Married a wife also not guarantee got baby...

What is this?

Their gates are of very inferior quality! Yet they are asking for $35 to patch up their low quality product?

Imagine I have the gate for less than half a year and they have already come at least 4 5 times.

While they say the gate has 10 years warrenty, simple maths say I would have asked them to come more than 100 times?

that is $3,500!!!

In summary, do NOT use CNS.

Can we post pictures here?

Let me know how and I will try to post picture the lousy rusty gate when I have time.

Again, do NOT use CNS.

Another case of good things no cheap, cheap things no good. Penny wise pound foolish. The price reflects on material and processing used...

Done properly, hot dipped galvanized iron will last for a long time, even with full exposure to sun n (acid) rain…Any supplier can give lifetime warranty, but if their company chup lup after a while also no use. Even if they honor warranty think of the inconveniences imposed. To save some money for this is simply not worth the emotional stress. :(

Edited by neubie

Hey U should have considered Metalworld Pte Ltd!

Their designs r superb for my standards. And workmanship is great :) Their foreman George, is well-versed in the egornomcis of such gates & all related products - After interviewing many wrought iron suppliers, I wasn't sure about engaging them until I spoke to George.

Because my HDB gate requires tilting. i.e. customisation. And George explained many technical details to me & worked with us to achieve our fengshui objective - :D We r extremely pleased with both the final outcome of the gate & that of our fengshui effects too! :)

He has mentioned to me before that if gate or grilles hv undergone hot-dipped galvanising, then, the surface would look really lumpy & the finishing wouldn't be as nice even after painting.

The wrought iron materials that they use all come with cold-galvanising, which wouldn't be good enough if ur gate or grilles are constantly baking in the sun or being weather beaten, including heavy rain...

Their designs r superb for my standards. And workmanship is great :) Their foreman George, is well-versed in the egornomcis of such gates & all related products - After interviewing many wrought iron suppliers, I wasn't sure about engaging them until I spoke to George.

Because my HDB gate requires tilting. i.e. customisation. And George explained many technical details to me & worked with us to achieve our fengshui objective - :D We r extremely pleased with both the final outcome of the gate & that of our fengshui effects too! :)

He has mentioned to me before that if gate or grilles hv undergone hot-dipped galvanising, then, the surface would look really lumpy & the finishing wouldn't be as nice even after painting.

The wrought iron materials that they use all come with cold-galvanising, which wouldn't be good enough if ur gate or grilles are constantly baking in the sun or being weather beaten, including heavy rain...

well....im sure metal world's prices don't start from $188? :P

Paiseh, didn't realise that CNS metal is so lowly priced! :P

Then chances r the wrought iron is not galvanised at all!!!

Metalworld has promotions on & off. I got mine during the 30% off promotion. The cheapest design starts at about $600. By default, they only use cold galvanised wrought iron. Those under rain & sun, they would use hot-dipping, which George & the staff in the workshop quoted us alot of extra, told us not necessary for HDB.

well....im sure metal world's prices don't start from $188? :P
Edited by edenstrauss

with the rainy season coming ( i just came back to see my acryllic-lined WI gate wet with rainsplashes ).... i tink there will be more accelerated cases of rusting of WI doors....

tt's why i'm not installing a gate for the time being.

aft reading all the negative reviews of all the budget wrought iron gate suupliers mentioned here, i've decided not to save on the gate and pay 1-time pain for proper, good quality ones. And i figure those frm MetalWorld would qualify since they have done govt projects before. dun think they'll skimp on quality. and i made this decision before reading "edenstrauss"s comments.

and yes, their cheapest gate is from $600 onwards. and tt's why i can't install one nw...cos my reno budget oredi busted liao. no more flesh to cut elsewhere to squeeze out for the gate.

so save up first... :(

all metal will rust, its just how long before they rust.

One can either:

- pay for budget gate and keep painting

- pay for better ones and problems come later

- use stainless steel

- use solid aluminium (not hollow ones, and its very expensive. $900 odd)

Sorry to hear about your cases and thank you for the heads up.

Got mine done by Aluminum Wrought Singapore and i find them quite good.

the lousy cns gate cost me $600+.

around $650-$680.

and it's a simple gate.

just straight horizontal bars at 2 inches interval.

so CNS is not anything cheap but definitely pure crap.

Paiseh, didn't realise that CNS metal is so lowly priced! :P

Then chances r the wrought iron is not galvanised at all!!!

Metalworld has promotions on & off. I got mine during the 30% off promotion. The cheapest design starts at about $600. By default, they only use cold galvanised wrought iron. Those under rain & sun, they would use hot-dipping, which George & the staff in the workshop quoted us alot of extra, told us not necessary for HDB.

great... this homely?

http://www.homely.com.sg/retail/retail_contact.html

just want to let everyone knows how crappy is CNS and don't have to go thru the bad experience.

looks like quite a few has already experienced CNS.

well... maybe the forum can allow 3 alphabets search?

cheers.

welcome to the club...haha....

sure u can post pics, just upload to photobucket/imageshack kinda websites.

pls see here:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35945

to solve the problem, get a rust converter.

It will turn the rust into a black patch where u can paint over.

$8 from Homely, and its very easy to use. Save yourself the anger.

great... this homely?

http://www.homely.com.sg/retail/retail_contact.html

just want to let everyone knows how crappy is CNS and don't have to go thru the bad experience.

looks like quite a few has already experienced CNS.

well... maybe the forum can allow 3 alphabets search?

cheers.

yeap, that homely. :)

oh u mean u paid $600 for cns gate?? how big is your gate??

Hi Edenstrauss,

can i know which office u go to for metalworld? thanks..