Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
csingeu

Our Lil Paradise

Whatever tht feels confortable loh..... dark wooden colour with very light beige? hehehehe.....

ya, i think if you install blinds nw then later only install grille, then you got ot redo blinds??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Whatever tht feels confortable loh..... dark wooden colour with very light beige? hehehehe.....

ya, i think if you install blinds nw then later only install grille, then you got ot redo blinds??

I think so too. I went to my friend's place b4. He did the roller blinds without window grilles and mentioned that he would consider doing the grilles next time, when got kid...

but looking at the windows, if need to do grilles, it will be inside the windows, meaning the roller blinds have to later be re-installed, somehow... i guess...

:dunno:

I think so too. I went to my friend's place b4. He did the roller blinds without window grilles and mentioned that he would consider doing the grilles next time, when got kid...

but looking at the windows, if need to do grilles, it will be inside the windows, meaning the roller blinds have to later be re-installed, somehow... i guess...

:dunno:

hmmm.... not sure doing grille will be dusty or not. why not just do all of it together?

if this sun, i check the door frame, ok... then will just paint over lor... BUT i still think they are fugly la... :P

Aiyoh... maybe tmr or wat, i take pic of my current door frame for you to see la... anyway, i hope my door frames at the new place are "chui" one... then i got very gd reasons to replace them... (really think it's ugly... :P)

i had no choice but to keep the door frames cos i'm keeping the old marble floor. if you are going to hack everything anyway, might as well just replace the door frames cos just about few hundred bucks more i think?

cos if the old door frames already repainted many times, the paint will be very uneven... and if you want to paint over nicely, will need to remove the old paint first then repaint... this step is additional and usually not factored into contractor's painting quotation, so they may charge you extra for the work etc etc....

maybe in the end, just easier to replace the frame if you can :P

hmmm.... not sure doing grille will be dusty or not. why not just do all of it together?

Yes.. I'm doing it together... but only doing grilles for the side facing the access balcony aka corridor (ie. dining area, bedroom 2 bedroom 3), and no grilles for kitchen and MBR lor...

i had no choice but to keep the door frames cos i'm keeping the old marble floor. if you are going to hack everything anyway, might as well just replace the door frames cos just about few hundred bucks more i think?

cos if the old door frames already repainted many times, the paint will be very uneven... and if you want to paint over nicely, will need to remove the old paint first then repaint... this step is additional and usually not factored into contractor's painting quotation, so they may charge you extra for the work etc etc....

maybe in the end, just easier to replace the frame if you can :P

yah.. think a few hundred dollars more... likely to replace la... coz going to do new doors and new floor... no pt leave the old door frames behind.. :P

Yes.. I'm doing it together... but only doing grilles for the side facing the access balcony aka corridor (ie. dining area, bedroom 2 bedroom 3), and no grilles for kitchen and MBR lor...

yah.. think a few hundred dollars more... likely to replace la... coz going to do new doors and new floor... no pt leave the old door frames behind.. :P

i mean grille for your mbr leh....for the safety of your babies in the future.

i mean grille for your mbr leh....for the safety of your babies in the future.

WTB and myself agreed that don't want grilles in MBR... coz it spoils the look.

Did thought abt the safety concerns in case got toddlers next time.

BUT, there's already a lot of dangerous spots (kitchen, etc) for toddlers in a normal HDB flat...

and even more for an EM (staircase, etc)...

So we concluded, just have to be more careful lor. LOL.

I guess for most people, the grilles are dual purpose - to keep intruders out, and to prevent occupants from falling out...

but for us, think only the former purpose matters more la. :P

WTB and myself agreed that don't want grilles in MBR... coz it spoils the look.

Did thought abt the safety concerns in case got toddlers next time.

BUT, there's already a lot of dangerous spots (kitchen, etc) for toddlers in a normal HDB flat...

and even more for an EM (staircase, etc)...

So we concluded, just have to be more careful lor. LOL.

I guess for most people, the grilles are dual purpose - to keep intruders out, and to prevent occupants from falling out...

but for us, think only the former purpose matters more la. :P

Mine also the former and I am at 6th floor so I guess no spiderman thieves going to climb into my mbr, I pray.

Mine also the former and I am at 6th floor so I guess no spiderman thieves going to climb into my mbr, I pray.

Technically, my MBR is on the 11th floor la.

And my balcony is unsheltered, so can climb into the MBR from the balcony la. BUT of coz, first the "spiderman" must survive the climb to the 10th floor. :P

And yes, having said that, technically, falling out from the MBR is only 1 floor high.

Likely won't die, but maybe mortally wounded (unless, suay suay land head first la).

another "nonsensical" reason to not very "critical" to have window grilles for MBR. LOL :P

And my balcony is unsheltered, so can climb into the MBR from the balcony la. BUT of coz, first the "spiderman" must survive the climb to the 10th floor. :P

And yes, having said that, technically, falling out from the MBR is only 1 floor high.

Likely won't die, but maybe mortally wounded (unless, suay suay land head first la).

another "nonsensical" reason to not very "critical" to have window grilles for MBR. LOL :P

then no need lah... fall also fall down to your own area downstairs..... just 1 floor only. then don't waste the money. no need grille....

just few months back, there was a serial "spiderman" robber in Jurong West area, one of our forumers here was among the victims :( the thief went into the flat via the kitchen windows which had no grilles. this forumer stays at high floor iirc.

hmmm if falling from MBR is technically one floor high, then thieves also need to climb only one floor to reach the window rite....? :unsure:

Edited by marshmallow

just few months back, there was a serial "spiderman" robber in Jurong West area, one of our forumers here was among the victims :( the thief went into the flat via the kitchen windows which had no grilles. this forumer stays at high floor iirc.

hmmm if falling from MBR is technically one floor high, then thieves also need to climb only one floor to reach the window rite....? :unsure:

depends on where is the kitchen. my kitchen is next to the stairs.... after looking at it for 15mins, i decided to have grille cos i can make a small jump from the stairs area to my windows.....

yes.. that would be true... and if they are able to get into 1 floor below my MBR, they would have been in my balcony, and there's no stopping them to get up to the MBR using the staircase... LOL...

depends on where is the kitchen. my kitchen is next to the stairs.... after looking at it for 15mins, i decided to have grille cos i can make a small jump from the stairs area to my windows.....

I think beside my kitchen is my neighbour's kitchen. So unless the "spiderman" is my neighbour, think should be ok not to have grilles ba.

any idea how much is dis?

I have no idea... but somehow, I'm seeing a $600-700 in my mind... i have either heard it from my friend, or saw it on some online catalogue, or in my dreams.

:P